State of the Union Address - March 7, 2024

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

rules NO Hats

large marge shredding rules daily
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

gaetz thinks he's getting a handy tonight
bob

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:17 pm why would Santos still have floor privileges since he's been kicked out?
Former members have Floor privileges, and expulsion doesn't automatically revoke them (surprisingly).
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

President Biden is doing GREAT! "You can't only love your country when you win." GIVE EM HELL, JOE!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

is that Santos shouting?
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Biden is killing it
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

At least some of this time, Trump's Truth Social has been down. I'm not sure if it's back up. Funny as heck if Trump is trying to comment on it.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

look at old bastards in the senate
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I need a cig after this speack

(have not smoked since 08
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 pm
Rolodex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:17 pm why would Santos still have floor privileges since he's been kicked out?
Former members have Floor privileges, and expulsion doesn't automatically revoke them (surprisingly).
Wow. thanks, I didn't know that! I can only hope he's being shunned.

I'm not watching; I'm relaxing by watching some true crime. I did see the beginning and Joe looked great.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Biden’s Border Taunts Clearly Hit a Republican Nerve

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/03/05 ... epublicans
For the first 40 minutes or so of his State of the Union speech, President Biden tried repeatedly to troll the Republicans who were silently seething in front of him. He reminded listeners of all the popular programs Republicans had opposed (including reducing drug costs for Medicare and investing in new roads and manufacturing plants), but his opponents didn’t take the bait and start yelling like junior-high kids at an assembly, as they did last year.

Finally, he arrived at the topic that he knew Republicans couldn’t resist, because it represents that party’s most embarrassing recent failure. He reminded the country that at Donald Trump’s direction, Republicans had killed the strongest immigration bill in years, one that would reduce the flood of asylum seekers and bolster security at the southern border. And immediately the boos poured in from the red side of the chamber.

“What are you against?” he asked, finally laughing at the opportunity to expose a bit of rampant hypocrisy. “Oh, you don’t like that bill?” It would save lives and bring order to the chaos at the border, he said, reducing fentanyl smuggling and giving every president the ability to shut down crossings when the surge of migrants became too great.

“My Republican friends,” he said, “you owe it to the American people to get this bill done.”

Biden was clearly eager to demonstrate some toughness on immigration, even referring to an undocumented immigrant who is suspected of killing a young Georgia woman in a case that has become a hobbyhorse for extreme Republicans like Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, one of the loudest shouters of the evening. He suggested the border bill might have prevented the killer from entering the country. But he also made it clear his policies would never include Trump’s demonization of immigrants, family separation policies or bans on people of specific faiths, as Trump did with Muslims.

Biden’s provocation on this issue might have been the most successful moment of the evening, one that will be replayed many times in the months to come on the campaign trail. And the power of it could be seen in the downcast face behind him of Speaker Mike Johnson, who wouldn’t bring the border bill to the House floor. All he could do was shake his head and hope Biden changed the subject.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

I was sick today, but I woke upped and watched the State of the Union. It was great! I hope he'll be healthy for years!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Didn't watch. Saw on twitter that Johnson looked uncomfortable throughout and didn't stand when everyone else did over ending cancer bit. Some conservatives admitted being unhappy at response. I saw 30 seconds of it and would have thought she was a preacher's wife on the teevee at 4 a.m. Chris Evans asked for GIF responses to it, which were hilarious.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

There's something disturbing about this kitchen.

It's like it's never been used before. Did they go to a lowe's or home depot to take this photo?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:35 am There's something disturbing about this kitchen.
https://twitter. com/KatieBrittforAL/status/1765957628713140725

It's like it's never been used before. Did they go to a lowe's or home depot to take this photo?
There are many, many comments about how fake that "kitchen" is on twitter.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Also, doesn't she have a study or a home office? Or almost anywhere that isn't a "kitchen"? Does this mean she was home instead of at the SOTU? Also, people are pointing out she sponsored the border bill, then voted against it when the cult leader said to. Brilliant.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Acyn
@Acyn
62% of people polled who watched the speech say Biden’s policies will move the country in the right direction.

Prior to the speech, only 45% of those polled felt that Biden’s policies would move the country in the right direction
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I got a real “a woman’s place is in the kitchen” vibe from the rebuttal.

Also, I wonder how many undecideds tuned in to check out Biden‘s mental state and were pleasantly surprised.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:20 am I got a real “a woman’s place is in the kitchen” vibe from the rebuttal.

Also, I wonder how many undecideds tuned in to check out Biden‘s mental state and were pleasantly surprised.
Especially sine the "liberal media" has been telling us Biden cannot remember his own name.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:20 am I got a real “a woman’s place is in the kitchen” vibe from the rebuttal.

I thought this was telling if not the same. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 92#p250290
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Real fake woman. The kitchen is fake. Two different shots and the kitchen looks different in the video
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Alyssa Farah Griffin
@Alyssafarah
Trump said he’d be live fact-checking Biden’s SOTU but Truth Social appears to be down. Sad!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Return to “Biden Administration”