Great commercials!

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Great commercials!

Post by raison de arizona »

Great commercials! Or not so great! Just in time for the Superbowl, let’s talk commercials!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Well that made me bust a tear. To my dying day I will never understand bigotry or racism, never. :oldlady: :crying:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by AndyinPA »

They have been showing that one around here for a few weeks. Very sad, but uplifting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:58 pm Great commercials! Or not so great! Just in time for the Superbowl, let’s talk commercials!
This ad is indeed great, and I'm so glad they're airing it during the Super Bowl.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
sad-cafe

Great commercials!

Post by sad-cafe »

did you all just see that horrid Kennedy commercial?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by AndyinPA »

Which Kennedy? Robert?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Great commercials!

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:25 pm Which Kennedy? Robert?
Yes.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

The Kennedy commercial was weird.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by Slim Cognito »

That it was. Overall, I think the commercials mostly sucked but I did like the state farm commercial.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:13 am That it was. Overall, I think the commercials mostly sucked but I did like the state farm commercial.
Well, that was nice.
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

re: the kennedy ad, rfk is disowning. Despite it being his pinned tweet!
Robert F. Kennedy Jr @RobertKennedyJr wrote: I'm so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain. The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you.
https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/sta ... 23562?s=20

Apparently it was modeled on another famous Kennedy's ads.

The ad:
Robert F. Kennedy Jr @RobertKennedyJr wrote: Our momentum is growing. It’s time for an Independent President to heal the divide in our country. 🇺🇸

#Kennedy24
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

Fun Beyonce ad:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Great commercials!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

For humor, IMHO, The Mullets win heads down! :biggrin:

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by Volkonski »

R.F.K. Jr. Apologizes to His Family for an Allied Group’s Super Bowl Ad

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/11/us/p ... wl-ad.html
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. apologized on Sunday night after a well-funded super PAC backing his independent presidential campaign ran an ad during the Super Bowl that closely resembled a spot supporting John F. Kennedy, his uncle, during his 1960 bid for the White House.

The ad, which the super PAC’s co-founder said cost $7 million, featured the same jingle and the same cheerful cartoons interspersed with candid photographs of the candidate, into which the younger Mr. Kennedy’s face was superimposed.

Some of Mr. Kennedy’s family members, many of whom have denounced him because of his promotion of unsubstantiated theories about vaccines and other matters, quickly criticized him over the ad.

Bobby Shriver, a nephew of John F. Kennedy, said on X: “My cousin’s Super Bowl ad used our uncle’s faces — and my Mother’s. She would be appalled by his deadly health care views. Respect for science, vaccines, & health care equity were in her DNA.” His brother Mark Shriver wrote that he agreed.

:snippity:

Super Bowl ads are often heavy on nostalgia. Commercials on Sunday night featured vintage Volkswagen footage, a “Scrubs” reunion, and Ben Affleck and Matt Damon in Boston.

But the Kennedy ad — which took about 36 hours to produce, according to the super PAC’s co-founder, Tony Lyons — hit a different note. While John F. Kennedy was running in 1960 as a 43-year-old Democrat, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is 70 years old and running as an independent — a self-described spoiler. (Despite Mr. Kennedy’s age, the ad still portrays him as youthful and athletic, including a shot of him on skis.)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by AndyinPA »

Were I a cynical person, I might hazard a guess that was the plan all along.
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

XPOST
p0rtia wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:48 pm Thanks, JT! Super job as usual!

SB commercials ranked. :-)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/A ... 538932007/
Kendra

Great commercials!

Post by Kendra »

Not being a fan of football, I missed this commercial back in the day.

On January 30th, 2000, beloved characters from MGM’s “The Wizard of Oz” made an appearance during a FedEx ad for “Super Bowl XXXIV.”
This ad would later be pulled from cable on February 14th, after numerous complaints that it may give children the impression that it was
“OK to huff inhalants.”
#SuperBowl #SuperBowlSunday #TheWizardofOz #WizardofOz
raison de arizona

Great commercials!

That's hilarious on multiple levels :thumbsup:
Kendra

Great commercials!

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:31 pm That's hilarious on multiple levels :thumbsup:
I know. Huge OZ fan here and I can't stop watching. Well done.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Great commercials!

Post by Slim Cognito »

Now that's a super bowl commercial.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”