Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Fabulous Randy Rainbow!

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

The Fabulous Randy Rainbow!

Post by Luke »

For Fogbow II, here are some classics. Gotta start with Barack:

Randy Rainbow Exit-Interviews Barack Obama 👋❤️ Jan 9, 2017

Still our favorites:

Kim Davis

Alternative Facts

Covfefe

Buttons (Patty Duke Show theme - North Korea)

DESPERATE CHEETO Oct 11, 2017

Randy Rainbow Interviews Jennifer Holliday 🎤 Jan 17, 2017 (Jen's been a friend since Dreamgirls, this incident was a nightmare)

A SPOONFUL OF CLOROX - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody
7,155,109 views•Apr 25, 2020

Don't Tell Donald He's NOT RE-ELECTED TODAY! (See below for Randy's take on this song in 2011)

Vintage Randy!

From 2011, The Randy Rainbow Bea Arthur Halloween Special. You can see the beginnings of where Randy was headed. Also a fun version of Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead (the Streisand/Harold Arlen version*)

Bea Arthur and Randy Rainbow's Halloween Special | Randy Rainbow
33,834 views•Oct 30, 2011

Mitt Romney, Kiss Me! | Randy Rainbow
33,320 views•Feb 14, 2012

And Marcus Bachmann Is Not Getting Married to Randy Rainbow (Not Getting Married from Company)
27,677 views•Jul 24, 2011

* Here's the Streisand/Arlen version, one of our favs :P

It's fun going back to watch some of these again now that DL2XIT is gone gone gone. This isn't Randy but SNL's Sean Spicer with Melissa McCarthy is a classic. What a fuc*ing mess those years were!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Re: The Fabulous Randy Rainbow!

Post by Kendra »

Sorry (not sorry) for a FB link, but too lazy to find a YT link, so shoot me. Excellent background piece from CNN in 2019.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That is some world-class parody writing, that is. Damn that was fun.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was laughing so much. I can't wait until he takes on Cancun Cruz...
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hooray!! That was brilliant, The Robinettes :lol:

"And stick it in me like you really mean it!"

What a pleasure only seeing DL2XIT as a flashback!!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A guy named Randy Rainbow can’t mock Robinette, right?

THE FLASHBACK!😱
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Would the next reporter who books Fauci please show the kids clip and get his smiling reaction?
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

that was great
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RR has another video coming in just a few minutes! Made my day to see that.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

And here it is:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Will he do Gaetz next :daydreaming:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm Will he do Gaetz next :daydreaming:

Ninja’d :faint:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

simply amazing
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
filly

Post by filly »

Mr. Fister! :rotflmao:
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke

Post by Luke »

:thumbsup:

Billy Porter's book is AMAZING, the audiobook is the way to go and most of the libraries have them. Billy really opens up and it's an impactful, tear inducing and courageous story. Highly recommend. Unprotected: A Memoir

NY Times:
Billy Porter’s New Book Isn’t Just a Memoir; It’s a Testimony
By R. Eric Thomas Oct. 19, 2021
UNPROTECTED A Memoir By Billy Porter

At the end of his 2005 live album, “At the Corner of Broadway and Soul,” Billy Porter covers the song “Sunday” from the musical “Sunday in the Park With George.” But this is no ordinary rendition. Porter refashions the Sondheim standard into a rousing gospel anthem and at the end shouts, “God bless you all. Pay your checks and get out!”

An Emmy winner for playing Pray Tell on the vogue ballroom drama “Pose,” and a Tony and Grammy winner for his role in the Broadway musical “Kinky Boots,” Porter has built a career on blending theater excellence, gospel grandiosity and reading-for-filth realness, all through the astonishing instrument of his voice. This combination is vividly translated in Porter’s new memoir, “Unprotected,” which recounts his lifelong struggle to heal the deep wounds buried under the sheen of his charismatic presence.

Porter grew up in Pittsburgh’s Hill District, where he attended a homophobic Pentecostal Black church that nonetheless stoked in him a devotion to performance. As he writes about his early years, Porter relates the darkness and the light of his youth, detailing his upbringing with a chatty and arch flair, such as when he describes first seeing “The Wiz” on the same day that a lesbian teacher introduced him to the concept of a musical.

Porter’s talents propelled him to great heights — he made his Broadway debut in “Miss Saigon” when he was 21 years old — but the actor found that both in church and onstage, he was embraced for what he could do with his voice while simultaneously rejected for who he was: an out Black gay man.

In “Unprotected,” Porter’s voice on the page aptly matches his go-for-broke vocal instrument. He holds little back, never shying from raw emotionality, but avoiding histrionics. He writes bluntly about not being accepted by his church, as well as his quest to heal from years of sexual abuse by his stepfather in his preteen years. In a bracing chapter, he recalls confronting his mother about the abuse, weaving horror and rage with a guarded empathy for a woman who, he says, did not have the tools needed to protect him. Elsewhere, he reflects on his career highs and lows, like finding himself homeless and bankrupt after early successes, notably as Teen Angel in “Grease,” left him lost in the wilderness that he memorably dubs his “‘Millennium Coon Show’ era.”

This is not just a memoir, saints; this is a testimony. He is telling a story and he is spilling the tea and he is working through deep wounds in pursuit of a clearer path to a full experience of personhood. “Here I am all these decades later, at the height of my life and career — covered in alla my personal trauma,” he says early in the book.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/book ... orter.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not my favorite, but I do love the digs at Cruz and Rand Paul.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

that is great

but my favorite is the one that said trump had a little bitty penius
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi5 Estiveo!

Here it is on YouTube:

GURL, YOU'RE A KAREN - A Randy Rainbow Parody
30,171 views Mar 14, 2022

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh, I love Randy Rainbow! :lovestruck: That video had be bursting out in laughter.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”