Feliz Natal (Merry Christmas)

Post by bill_g »

Merry Christmas to you too Jim!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Merry Christmas.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
BeastofBourbon

Post by BeastofBourbon »

Thanks for posting that, Neonzx. They're an interesting combination: Black, non-binary, living in Brooklyn and performing in Portuguese. I love learning about people with interesting backgrounds (as opposed to the kinds of people we are typically exposed to from mass media in the US.)

Merry Christmas!
much ado

Post by much ado »

Merry Christmas!
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Merry/Happy Christmas everyone. :)

I have successfully made it through my 6th Holiday season without a "Wham"my.
Edit: Rules from the official website of Whamageddon.
  • The player must go as long as possible without hearing Wham!'s Christmas song, "Last Christmas"
  • The game starts on the 1st of December and ends at "the end of December 24th"
  • Only the original version of "Last Christmas" applies, the player can listen to remixes and covers of the song
  • The player is out as soon as they recognise the original version of the song
  • The player may post "#Whamageddon" on social media as soon as they lose the game
  • Players can play on a "player vs player" if they wish, by sending links to the song to friends to try and get them out of the game, although it is not encouraged
  • Once a player has lost they are sent to 'Whamhalla', in which they are unable to return until the game begins again the next year.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Merry Christmas!
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Yes, happy Christmas dear Fogbow friends. And best wishes to you all for a wonderful new year. :bighug: :thumbsup:
June bug

Post by June bug »

Merry Christmas to everyone in the Fogbow family. 2023 has brought trauma and sadness to many here, including me and my family.

Details some other time, but we’re more than ready to turn the page. Here’s hoping for a much happier 2024 for all of us! :bighug: :bighug: and ❤️❤️
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I had kind of a crappy Christmas, but today will be better and mañana we go see my dad. Hope y'all had a good Christmas. :bighug:

Today is Boxing Day.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I had a crappy Christmas too. Several of my friends and my son checked in with me, but both of my brothers completely ignored me although today I got a group message about the nice FaceTime get together they had with my stepsister. I don’t know if I’m speaking for the others here who lost a loved one this past year, but check in on your family on the holidays. Sometimes they’re waiting for you to reach out. It would’ve been nice to know they had thought of me 1500 miles away.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

My Christmas was okay. I didn't give out cards, or put up decorations, or even shop for gifts. I was invited to the kid's house a couple counties over. It's an easy drive. They served prime rib, smashed taters, ho-hum casserole (green bean), and dinner rolls. I brought smashed sweet potatoes minus the marshmallows cuz I hate marshmallows.

I also too also brought over some of Mrs craft work to share / give-away things with memories attached - two crocheted afghans, an embroidered pillow, and a box of photos. That ellicited some emotions.

For dessert they served adult beverages, punkin pi, and some 9 Pound Hammer indica (which lived up to it's name). So, um, uh, we uh, oh yeah - that. It was some stoney stuff. But, it gave a us lot of time to reminisce. And to count the cans in their cupboard. These two are not quite preppers, but they could feed a dozen for a month I swear.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

My Christmas was alright. Nothing special or note worthy. Exchanged texts with a few long ago friends as well as family. There is a longer drama conversation to be had but this is not the place. Another time, perhaps. It is all good. :biggrin:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The USPS Informed Delivery email this morning says that today we will get more Xmas Cards than we have so far this year. :lol:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:04 pm The USPS Informed Delivery email this morning says that today we will get more Xmas Cards than we have so far this year. :lol:
You are doing good. Informed Delivery from USPS today shows I've got two mailers incoming from the Church of Scientology. Wanna trade? :lol:
MsDaisy 2
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:00 am I had kind of a crappy Christmas, but today will be better and mañana we go see my dad. Hope y'all had a good Christmas. :bighug:

Today is Boxing Day.
Yes it's Boxing Day & we've been in the kitchen half the morning getting nibbles ready for the big Boxing Day walk. The last few days we've cleared and marked all the trails through the woods so people don't get lost. I still get lost out there and I live here, we live in a very rural area. It's a good hour and a half walk at least and then back to the house for hot whiskey and cucumber sandwiches! I thought the rain was going to put a damper on the whole thing but it seems to have stopped for now anyway. We've had lots of folks say they're coming and we usually have 50 / 100 people with and without dogs show up every year for this. It's great fun!

Happy Boxing day ya'll! :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I guess you can't have a very Merry Christmas after a really crappy year. I spent mine alone. I did not feel good enough to deal with going to my daughter's, where there are steps, not a lot of comfortable seating, and mostly food that I can't eat right now. I sent my son over there with all the food and gifts, and watched on FaceTime as the kids opened their presents. Honestly, it didn't feel like Christmas, and I didn't care. I so want to get the tree down, but I"m not up to it, and I'm not asking my son as it's easier to do myself.

I checked in on here yesterday and found out about Gregg. That didn't help. I hope we find out more, though.

On the plus side, I am done with the stupid pill that has controlled my life for the last three weeks tomorrow.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:41 pm “…hot whiskey and cucumber sandwiches…”
Weird! :shock:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:42 pm On the plus side, I am done with the stupid pill that has controlled my life for the last three weeks tomorrow.
:bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:39 pm
MsDaisy 2 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:41 pm “…hot whiskey and cucumber sandwiches…”
Immigrants bring weird things into our country.
MsDaisy 2
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

My husband is British, I guess it was something his family did. I don't mind the hot whiskey but cucumbers hurt me pretty badly, talk about heartburn from hell! :faint:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:46 pm
My husband is British, I guess it was something his family did. I don't mind the hot whiskey but cucumbers hurt me pretty badly, talk about heartburn from hell! :faint:
You probably don't want to experiment, but's my understanding is that it's the skins that bother so many people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

On the bright side, after reading his Truth Social posts from yesterday, it appears that all of us had a better day yesterday than Donald Trump.

Orange man was not happy at all. All his tormentors can rot in hell, and also Merry Christmas. :biggrin: I am approve.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:23 pm On the bright side, after reading his Truth Social posts from yesterday, it appears that all of us had a better day yesterday than Donald Trump.

Orange man was not happy at all. All his tormentors can rot in hell, and also Merry Christmas. :biggrin: I am approve.
Yeah, yeah. I saw his truth social postings. Sad.
ROT IN HELL f-phose. Yeah, ok, we are working on all that.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is this the Festivus thread?

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”