Quizzes!

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 3.07.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 3.07.08 PM.png (176.49 KiB) Viewed 16333 times
5. Every day of the year!
pipistrelle

Quizzes!

Post by pipistrelle »

Damn, it's a hard choice between 2 and 5.
Volkonski
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by Volkonski »

House 2. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Estiveo
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by Estiveo »

6 all the way.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Quizzes!

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:20 pmHouse 2. ;)
And it's on the North Fork.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by AndyinPA »

House 5.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:43 pm
Volkonski wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:20 pmHouse 2. ;)
And it's on the North Fork.
Well, yes, kind of sort of. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Quizzes!

Post by Maybenaut »

5. It’s called Maybelot.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Six, easily
pipistrelle

Quizzes!

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:27 pm 5. It’s called Maybelot.
If you have a fire pit, I am up for adoption.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Quizzes!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

5 today. I’ll choose the swimming pool house tomorrow.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Quizzes!

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Number 6 is basically the Viking Longhouse. Although the "home cinema" is optimized for Dr. Vicklund's video games. I have no use for 2, 3, or 4, and 1 and 5 are meh.
RVInit

Quizzes!

Post by RVInit »

House 5, no question. I might break into House 4 and grab that chocolate though. And I might knock on the door of house 2, present a huge wine glass and take a fill up to go.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Quizzes!

Post by bill_g »

We live in #5 already.
p0rtia

Quizzes!

Post by p0rtia »

This was really fun! Unfortunately it does not seem to have a share button. Maybe it is not blocked?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... _p001_f006
Do you talk more like a millennial or a boomer at work? Take this quiz to find out.
What your communication habits at work say about you and how that might differ from your boss and colleagues

I got: Your work communication style is a mix of Millenial and Gen X. (!)

The adulting expert
34% of your responses sound like a Millennial

You communicate like a Millennial, equipped with Boomer-esque hustle culture, tech skills and outspoken voices.

The middle child
30% of your responses sound like a Gen Xer

Gen Xers often take a less hardcore and formal approach to work than their boomer predecessors and are more likely to drop extraneous niceties to get to the point.

The young’n
27% of your responses sound like someone from Gen Z

Gen Z is the youngest generation of the workforce and does not really know life before the internet.

The old schooler
9% of your responses sound like a boomer (NB: I am a boomer, born right in the middle of the range!)

Boomers are typically the most formal in their ways of behaving at work.
pipistrelle

Quizzes!

Post by pipistrelle »

You sound most like a Millennial at work.
You also have some Gen X and Gen Z habits. Read on to learn how each generation informs your own communication style.

The adulting expert

44% of your responses sound like a Millennial

You communicate like a Millennial, equipped with Boomer-esque hustle culture, tech skills and outspoken voices. Parents of Millennials were determined to make kids successful — and sometimes pressured them to be so. So Millennials often try to manage their personal needs without dropping the ball at work, blurring boundaries. Lauded for their childhood efforts, they can struggle with critical feedback, especially without context and the chance to respond. They brought new tech skills to work, which challenged the idea that their bosses knew best. When it comes to messaging, they use emojis, memes and GIFs and pull back on punctuation, capitalization and full sentences, sending new messages to separate thoughts instead. They have also been known to use hashtags and unconventional phrases.
“They started using nouns as verbs,” Mary Kohn, linguist at Kansas State University, said. “‘I can’t adult right now,’ is so Millennial.”

The middle child

24% of your responses sound like a Gen Xer

Gen Xers often take a less hardcore and formal approach to work than their boomer predecessors and are more likely to drop extraneous niceties to get to the point. Experts say Gen X was the generation that started pushing for a better work-life balance and more independence and likely still do so today. They also were among some of the first to use text communications at their first jobs, though they likely weren’t exposed to emojis and other internet slang until later. Their digital communications are often quick and to the point, though they still may be keen on proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation.
“Gen X says ‘just give me the meat,’” Kovary said. “Their goal is to maintain independence and get results.”

The young’n

22% of your responses sound like someone from Gen Z

Gen Z is the youngest generation of the workforce and does not really know life before the internet. The pandemic interrupted early professional experiences for some of them. As a result, they crave in-person interaction at work though sometimes they are not very skilled at it. Negative feedback, without countering positives, may discourage them or make them feel unsupported. But they are less likely to feel shame expressing their well-being and mental needs at work due to the decreasing stigma. They are not used to formal forms of writing, so they have anxiety around traditional structures and tones — periods can sometimes be interpreted as abrupt or aggressive. They’re least likely to use emojis literally, instead using them sarcastically or in combinations. Their slang is often influenced by social media.
“Gen Z had smartphones when they were 6,” said Jessi Grieser, associate professor of linguistics at University of Michigan. “It’s like an extension of their bodies. They’ve had more tech dexterity.

The old schooler

9% of your responses sound like a boomer

Boomers are typically the most formal in their ways of behaving at work. They are more likely to prefer using phones for quick communication and structure their comments as full sentences with proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation. They might even format their digital messages like letters and get distracted or frustrated by too much tech. Boomers often have a clear respect for the chain of command, assuming critical feedback is a one-way street from people who must know more than them. When it comes to life, work takes a high priority.
“Boomers are very much characterized as live to work,” said Megan Gerhardt, professor at Miami University and founder of Gentelligence Academy, an online learning platform that promotes the power of age diversity in the workplace. “Being successful as a person is tied to your professional identity and what you’ve accomplished.”
p0rtia

Quizzes!

Post by p0rtia »

Not exactly a quiz, but eye-popping!

There are 16 circles in this image. Can you spot them?

I'm sure many of you have seen this, but I hadn't. And I couldn't see it, either.

I've posted the key in hidden text downthread.
Coffer effect Circles.jpg
Coffer effect Circles.jpg (60.89 KiB) Viewed 15920 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Quizzes!

Post by AndyinPA »

I looked it up because I had thought I found them, but I was wrong. When I looked it up, though, one of the sites pointed out one of them, which makes it easier to find the rest. Neat!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Quizzes!

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:09 pm I looked it up because I had thought I found them, but I was wrong. When I looked it up, though, one of the sites pointed out one of them, which makes it easier to find the rest. Neat!
Yeah, once you see one you can't UNsee all of them.

I cheated.

I now do remember seeing this 'puzzle' a million years ago, but forgot about it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g

Quizzes!

Post by bill_g »

Wow. That took a moment. And Keith is right - once you see them, you can't unsee them.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Quizzes!

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:29 am Wow. That took a moment. And Keith is right - once you see them, you can't unsee them.
► Show Spoiler
WOW I needed that cheat sheet, when I see one the others pop out immediatly. But I cannot retain them for long, seems ok with my right eye but once my left eye tries to focus on them it disappears. :confuzzled:
June bug

Quizzes!

Post by June bug »

Took a moment, but I got them without the spoiler tip. When I try to see all of them together though, they tend to disappear.
bill_g

Quizzes!

Post by bill_g »

Yeah. Once I captured them, I had to drop focus to keep them in view. Think of it as mentally focusing on your peripheral vision. Don't move your eyes. Keep them in one place. In your head pay attention to the areas around the center, not the visual center point where you usually apply all your attention.
Gene Kooper

Quizzes!

Post by Gene Kooper »

Easy, peasy for a geologist who spent decades processing satellite imagery and before that photogeologic mapping. My bet is that the circles pop out for Shannon, too, also.

Some may find it easier to see if they rotate the image 90° and 180°. With aerial photos I can see the terrain as a valley and after rotating the photo 180° it has the appearance of a ridge. I never had much luck just looking at two overlapping aerial photos and seeing 3D without a stereoscope to fix the focus of each eye.
p0rtia

Quizzes!

Post by p0rtia »

Here's the key to the Coffer Effect image:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Arts, Music, Photography, and stuff like that”