Um... this is rather lurid

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Defense Attorneys Quit Delphi Murders Case After Shocking Leak Of Crime Scene Photos
Defense attorneys for a man accused of killing two Delphi, Indiana, girls in 2017 abruptly resigned from the case Thursday after photographs of the gruesome crime scene were leaked.
The stunning development comes on the heels of an explosive and bizarre 136-page memorandum filed by Rozzi and Baldwin in September alleging that Abby, 13, and Libby, 14, were killed in a ritual sacrifice by Odinist cult members who painted a tree with one victim’s blood. That memo — in which the attorneys argued that Allen had been arrested based on an illegal search warrant — claimed to reveal shocking and previously undisclosed details about the crime scene that strict gag orders had prevented others from divulging. Details outlined by Allen’s now-former attorneys — including that the girls’ throats were cut and one body was nude — have not been corroborated.
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Delphi murders: Podcasters gave leaked photos to police | Banfield

NewsNation
20 Oct 2023

The lawyers representing a man accused in the 2017 killings of two girls in Delphi, Indiana, withdrew from the case Thursday in a move likely to further delay a potential trial. An investigation by “The Murder Sheet” podcast recently pointed to an alleged leak of sensitive crime scene evidence. Podcast hosts Kevin Greenlee and Áine Cain

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

If I interpret this interview correctly the leaker may be an aquaintance of one of the lawyers.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

*blink* Odinists?

I think someone is a little confused on their moral panics. You can get riled up about 'satanists' or 'pagans', but Odinists are heavily intertwined with white supremacy so pearl clutching christian groups generally don't get too worried about them, so they make a poor choice of scapegoat.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just ask everyone keep in mind that Odinists are a whole different thing than Heathens. Odinists may claim to worship the same pantheon as Heathens, but they use it as a mask for their political goals (which, as neeko noted, are those of White Supremacy.)

I have heard of Odinist groups committing animal sacrifice, but have never heard of any engaging in *human* sacrifice. I have also never heard the term "Odinites" before.

I want to be clear that I am not defending Odinists. I find them vile and a parasite on my faith. They relationship to Heathenry is roughly akin to that of Christian Identity's to Christianity.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:17 pm I just ask everyone keep in mind that Odinists are a whole different thing than Heathens. Odinists may claim to worship the same pantheon as Heathens, but they use it as a mask for their political goals (which, as neeko noted, are those of White Supremacy.)

I have heard of Odinist groups committing animal sacrifice, but have never heard of any engaging in *human* sacrifice. I have also never heard the term "Odinites" before.

I want to be clear that I am not defending Odinists. I find them vile and a parasite on my faith. They relationship to Heathenry is roughly akin to that of Christian Identity's to Christianity.
I have heard exactly what you have just said from several other sources as well. Interesting, and important to point out as well.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:29 pm I have heard exactly what you have just said from several other sources as well. Interesting, and important to point out as well.
That's really good to hear! Thanks for letting me know :) If you don't mind my asking, were any of these mainstream-type sources or more niche?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I heard this in relation to the murder case where the defense is trying to blame Odinists. I will try to find a link. It was a discussion about Heathen vs Odinist
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:44 pm I heard this in relation to the murder case where the defense is trying to blame Odinists. I will try to find a link. It was a discussion about Heathen vs Odinist
If you can find it, that'd be nice, but don't spend too much time on it - I know you have priorities!

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”