Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Horses! and pets/animals other than cats and dogs

Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

That babby monkey has an almost-human face! So cute.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Prickly visitor’ clinging to railing at Alaska national park has rangers myth busting

Brooke Baitinger
Fri, November 11, 2022 at 10:39 PM

Park rangers had to contend with a persistent, prickly critter trying to access the visitor’s center of a national park in Alaska.

A porcupine clung to a railing outside the visitor center at Katami National Park & Preserve. “I’m gonna need to speak to the ranger,” National Park Service officials wrote on a Facebook post where they shared a photo of the “prickly visitor.”

Officials shared six funny and cute porcupine facts with their Facebook followers.

“A porcupine, aka Needle Beaver, has approximately 30,000 quills on its body. (Not a hugger. We repeat. Not. A. Hugger),” they wrote. In the same sentence, they urged people not to try to lick them either, referring back to a previous post urging people not to lick psychedelic frogs to hallucinate.

Officials also busted some myths and misconceptions about the barbed creatures.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prickly-visi ... 30652.html
(original SacramentoBee)

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

How cute!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

re Foggys current avatar

Check this page and move down for the fun of a few more similar (by search term) pictures

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/twitter ... 932427008/
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

never have wittnessed such a love between mother and baby.

Our ZOO and I get to see them in 2 weeks :)
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

hims a hungry boy
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

nurse, groom, smooch rinse repeat.

she hasn't put him down since they were reunited.

Mahole had to have a c=section so they spressed her mike to give him the needed colostrum but now that she has him, she is not letting him go.

this is her 3rd bab but only 2nd live birth

just an amazing story
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

The Charming Star With Soulful Eyes Happens to Be a Donkey
The “EO” filmmakers wanted to tell their story via a silent animal but felt dogs or cats were clichéd. Their choice turned out to be anything but stubborn.
Hola is the beautiful diva whose stunning features make her ready for her close-up. Tako is the brave old pro, able to take on potentially daunting tasks like crossing a stream. Marietta is the stunt performer with a particular set of skills. They are all the stars of the Polish filmmaker Jerzy Skolimowski’s “EO.” They are also all donkeys, three of six who share the titular role.

The 86-minute feature, in theaters Friday, emerged at Cannes a surprise hit from the veteran director, who thanked each of his donkey stars by name when accepting the festival’s Jury Prize. Paying homage to Robert Bresson’s 1966 donkey tale, “Au Hasard Balthazar” — the only film that has ever made Skolimowski cry, he said — “EO” follows its hero after he is removed from a circus by animal rights activists. Longing for Kasandra, the young woman who was his stage partner, EO, named for the sound donkeys make, treks throughout Europe encountering occasional good will but frequent danger (and, at one point, Isabelle Huppert).

To pull this off, Skolimowski, 84, needed to cast animals in Poland and Italy who could convey EO’s essential melancholy. “I had this manner of working with them by spending as much time as possible with the donkey solo, one by one,” he said in English on a video call alongside his wife and co-writer, Ewa Piaskowska, and their dog, Bufon. “Whenever my crew had a break for lunch or preparing the new scene, I was with the donkey by myself and spending time with him or her whispering tender words into his or her ears.”

Donkeys are having something of a moment in cinema this year. In Martin McDonagh’s “The Banshees of Inisherin” Colin Farrell is trailed throughout his Irish village by a little donkey named Jenny. In Ruben Ostlund’s Palme d’Or-winning “Triangle of Sadness,” a group of shipwrecked voyagers from a luxury yacht kill a wild donkey. But “EO,” which is Poland’s entry for best international feature at the Oscars, tries to burrow into the soul of a donkey far deeper than any of its contemporaries. In those other movies, the donkey is ancillary. In “EO,” it’s the entry point.
Supposed to be a gift link
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/18/movi ... =share-url
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It is a gift link.

Cute.

Friends of ours volunteer with one of the area goat herds who help with keeping weeds down in the city, particularly on the hillsides. Each herd of goats has its own donkey for protection. They love the goats and the donkey; visit them all the time in the winter when they are returned to the barn.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

she just won't put him down.

I am so in love with the Chimps.

I can't wait to go see them

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

There is something fishy going on ....
Angler lands one of world’s largest goldfish in French lake
Andy Hackett catches the Carrot, elusive 30kg leather carp-koi hybrid released into fishing lake 20 years ago

Harry Taylor
Mon 21 Nov 2022 23.38 GMT

Goldfish are normally big enough to live in a bowl in people’s homes, happily whiling the hours away, scarcely taking up enough room to cause any trouble.

However, angler Andy Hackett managed to catch a much bigger version of the fairground prize favourite when he landed one of the world’s largest weighing more than 30kg (67 pounds, or five stone).

The elusive fish, known as the Carrot after its orange colour, was landed at Bluewater Lakes in Champagne, France. It was put into the lake 20 years ago, and has proved to be a slippery customer ever since.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... rench-lake
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think the post above (I moved it now) might be in the wrong place. :lol:

I'll move it later. Done.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oops :bag: I got a great horse story though as penance.
Utah horse returns home to owner after 8 years of running with wild mustangs: 'It’s a miracle'
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/utah- ... gs-miracle
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice story.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Celtic Ranch - 27 Horses Rescued
Hey Azastan,
Do you know anything about this outfit?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:23 pm Celtic Ranch - 27 Horses Rescued
Hey Azastan,
Do you know anything about this outfit?
I have not heard of them before, which usually means that it's either a really small rescue, or it's not actually a rescue at all, but a hoarding situation. Save A Forgotten Equine is always very close-mouthed about info, especially since it's being investigated still. They will get great care from SAFE, though. I have supported SAFE for many years.

I don't know much more about it than what has been reported on the news. If I hear more (and I will, eventually), I'll bring this up to date.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://news.yahoo.com/blind-horse-sets ... 12069.html
Blind horse sets three Guinness World records

A 22-year-old blind Appaloosa horse named Endo has set three Guinness World Records.

Endo, also known as "Endo the Blind," set records for the highest free jump by a blind horse at 3 feet and 5.73 inches, the most flying changes by a blind horse in one minute, with 39 changes, and the fastest time for a blind horse to weave five poles at 6.93 seconds.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Impressive. :biggrin:

Return to “General Stuff”