Tim Ballard - Disgusting

These people suck. They are bad people.
John Thomas8

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by John Thomas8 »

This is the douchetastic sleezeball Caviezel played in Sound Of Freedom. the Qnon-loved fake news movie.

Tim Ballard’s exit from Operation Underground Railroad earlier this year followed an investigation into claims of sexual misconduct involving seven women, according to sources with direct knowledge of the organization.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkaqvn/ ... estigation
Dr. Ken

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Dr. Ken »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:45 pm This is the douchetastic sleezeball Caviezel played in Sound Of Freedom. the Qnon-loved fake news movie.

Tim Ballard’s exit from Operation Underground Railroad earlier this year followed an investigation into claims of sexual misconduct involving seven women, according to sources with direct knowledge of the organization.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkaqvn/ ... estigation
"You must have sex with me to 'save the children'"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Ben-Prime »

I try to pretend that Caviezel died after The Count of Monte Cristo and everything other film he's done doesn't exist. I guess that helps because even his loathsome politics don't really deserve to be associated with this animal in my mind.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
John Thomas8

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by John Thomas8 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:26 pm I try to pretend that Caviezel died after The Count of Monte Cristo and everything other film he's done doesn't exist. I guess that helps because even his loathsome politics don't really deserve to be associated with this animal in my mind.
Person Of Interest, for the first couple of seasons, was outstanding. Then it went straight off the rails in utter failure.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Flatpoint High »

it gets worse:
VICE News also reported Tuesday that Paul Hutchinson, listed as an executive producer of “Sound of Freedom,” the fictionalized biographical film about Ballard, touched the naked breasts of a 16-year-old trafficking victim during an operation in Mexico.

A written description of the footage was part of a trove of documents from a now-closed criminal investigation into Ballard and OUR conducted by the Davis County attorney’s office and the FBI. A handwritten note on a document about the Hutchinson video said, “OUR thought they had scrubbed this.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Surprise, surprise. OUR has connections to...wait for it...far right, QAnon, Glenn Beck, the Utah Attorney General, and others. This channel has information on it because OUR operates out of Utah and also has some Mormon connection. This is an excellent discussion about how OUR is more than likely mostly a scam, they don't account for their money, their "operations" are probably mostly staged. They don't have authority to actually make arrests and most law enforcement agencies have already said this group has had little to nothing to do with any true arrests and busting of trafficking.

Tim Ballard & Operation Underground Railroad - What You Should Know | Ep. 1364 - this was done 2 years ago. So, their operation was already being questioned at least since that time.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

I forgot to mention something I found funny in the above video. There is a clip from when Ballard is first pitching the idea of OUR to Glenn Back. For people who are into "body language" - there is something that Donald Trump does, in my opinion he does it because everything he does is extremely choreographed and meant for "TV". He "steeples" his hands. You see this is every single clip of Trump when he's sitting down talking to someone. His hands are in what body language experts call the "steeple" position. It's what they consider to be a sign of someone who is an "expert" delivering something they have expertise on. Of course, if you know this, it isn't too hard to remember to do it. And if you do it all the time you don't have to worry about remembering to do it at specific times.

So, what is funny to me in the above video - at around the 1:27:00 time mark you see Ballard pitching to Glenn Beck (or it's a reenactment of the pitch) and Ballard is standing up and steepling his hands. Steepling, when it's done by a person who isn't intentionally doing it is almost always done while sitting down or if you are standing at a lectern ( :daydreaming: ). So, he's standing up steepling his hands trying to look for all the world like some kind of expert on child sex trafficking. :roll: :roll: :roll:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:26 pm I try to pretend that Caviezel died after The Count of Monte Cristo and everything other film he's done doesn't exist. I guess that helps because even his loathsome politics don't really deserve to be associated with this animal in my mind.
Thin Red Line... The movie was supposed to center around Adrian Brody's character and instead shifted to Caviezel. Without that change Caviezel never would have blown up. He's become like his character in Deja Vu
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Lynn Packer is the guest in the Mormon Stories video above. Here is a much shorter discussion directly from Lynn Packer's YouTube channel where he discusses one of the "documentaries" about Tim Ballard.

The production company and OUR were created at the same time, so this was a very well planned out deal. They were going to "save the children" and create movies showing them "saving the children" right from the start.

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Un oh. Some women have come forward with allegations that Tim Ballard has abused them. Apparently there was a press conference this morning. The Mormon Stories Podcast is covering this. I haven't listened to this whole thing, but have listened long enough to hear that someone who went on a few "operations" with Ballard is going to be interviewed on the podcast.

The more I look into this, the more it seems clear that he's a right wing nut job, has the support of the Utah Attorney General, has lied profusely about his "jumps" where he supposedly is saving all these children from sexual abuse. It seems like his whole operation is just a fraud. Sound of Freedom has been shown to be a fabrication, there was no sister that was kidnapped, the boy himself was abused, not kidnapped and sold to a drug lord but groomed by a friend of his family. The whole thing is BS.

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

This man is former law enforcement who for a brief time worked with O.U.R. He is one of the former LE that became disillusioned about what O.U.R was actually doing and achieving. He knows Tim Ballard and he also knows some of the women who have made allegations about Ballard. He believes the women over Ballard. Some of what he says may cause a little eye roll, but it's interesting to hear from someone who was a true believer in Ballard and has come to conclusions that obviously cause him some pain.

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

I can't vouch for the person behind this post. It's long but pretty interesting. (S)he claims Ballard has confirmed to friends that he was excommunicated.
Edit: I just scrolled through his Rumble page. He has an interview with Ammon Bundy. Not sure I want to even go near that. :sick: But I do recommend the one I linked below if you have an interest in the Tim Ballard mess. Ballard is eye balling Mitt Romney's seat in case you haven't seem my post in one of the Mitt Romney threads. Mike Lee is the other Utah Senator, so we are looking at two MAGAts from Utah. We'll see
https://1830goel.substack.com/p/confirm ... mmunicated
--Colin Kaepernick
Rolodex

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Rolodex »

I was hoping to find a thread about this guy. I'm particularly triggered by his nonsense bc he seems to be some kind of hero to everyone around here where I live and no one will hear anything bad about him because HE'S SAVING THE KIDZZZZ
Police in Utah are looking into a woman’s claim that the founder of an anti-child-trafficking organization made famous by a movie last summer sexually assaulted her, the first known criminal investigation amid assault claims made against him by six women in two lawsuits.

The woman made the sexual assault claim against Tim Ballard to police in Lindon on Nov. 1, according to a police report The Salt Lake Tribune obtained through a records request.

Detectives arranged a meeting the next day, according to the report, which did not detail anything further about the investigation.

“All I can say is that there was an interview. The case is ongoing. It’s an active investigation,” Lindon police Chief Mike Brower confirmed with the newspaper Wednesday.

Ballard, founder of Operation Underground Railroad, already faces a lawsuit filed by five women who say he sexually manipulated, abused and harassed them on overseas trips designed to lure and catch child sex traffickers.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/so ... rcna125590

This is on top of allegations that his organization, Operation Underground (OUR) which purports to save traffkicked children actually facilitates trafficking with its methods.

Now, more news to pile on the heap of horribles. OUR has allegedly been using donated funds to pay a psychic to communicate with Nephi, a dead Mormon prophet to get info about trafficked children. They defend this by saying that police departments hire and use psychics. SOOO a tv station got interested, contacted 130+ LEO orgs ... ALL of whom say, nope, don't use psychics. Some thought it was a prank that they were being asked.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Slim Cognito »

Life (tries to) imitate a fictional detective show (Psych) - which I loved, BTW.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:35 pm Life (tries to) imitate a fictional detective show (Psych) - which I loved, BTW.
It's in keeping with the theme. His movie Sound of Freedom is just a remake of Taken.

In the news trailer, the AG of Utah defends the use of psychics; he's apparently the one who says LEO uses them. Hope they're able to confront him with what actual LEO says.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by raison de arizona »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:54 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:35 pm Life (tries to) imitate a fictional detective show (Psych) - which I loved, BTW.
It's in keeping with the theme. His movie Sound of Freedom is just a remake of Taken.

In the news trailer, the AG of Utah defends the use of psychics; he's apparently the one who says LEO uses them. Hope they're able to confront him with what actual LEO says.
We live in a world of "alternate facts," it probably won't faze him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

There are a number of ex-Mormon youtube channels that are following this story. There are multiple women who are suing Ballard for manipulating them into sexual relations in what he called a "couples ruse", which was supposed to trick traffickers into thinking they were a married couple and that is why he couldn't have sex with trafficked women, yada yada yada.

Here are some of the channels covering this. I haven't had time to write any of this up, some of these are long, but wow, it's a hot mess.

Ballard was in deep with M Russell Ballard (who just passed away reently) and AG Reyes. Now, they are trying to figure out how to extricate themselves from their entanglement with Tim Ballard. He is a real piece of work.

And yes, people who actually really do work to get people out of sex trafficking have been hugely skeptical of O.U.R, which has a simplistic understanding of what trafficking really is. The movie has been outed as being total fiction. Ballard was stupid enough to base it on a story that can easily be looked up. But, he was milking money from fellow LDS, who largely tend to trust their fellow LDS.

There are a couple of youtubers that have done a good job of covering the Tim Ballard/O.U.R. stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/@mormonstories

https://www.youtube.com/@mormonishpodcast1036/videos
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Suranis »

This EWTN aerticle spends a couple of Paragraphs saying the Movie was very well made, then spends the rest of a long article talking about what actually happens with Sex Trafficking and describes Catholic Organizations efforts to fight it and heal the victims.

Basically it uses the interest in the movie to highlight their efforts. It only mentions Tim Ballard in passing. Still, people might find it interesting to read for info on the broader topic.

https://ewtn.co.uk/article-sound-of-fre ... om-trauma/
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Here is one of the podcasts that discusses O.U.R. and the Sound of Freedom movie. I listened to this a long time ago and can't remember if they tell the real story vs the movie story, but they are wildly different. For instance, Tim Ballard never met the boy. The boy wasn't being trafficked, he was with a run of the mill pedophile who had never been part of any kind of a ring. He was an individual pervert who rented a house to the family of the boy and they allowed the man to take the boy to Mexico as he was "like a grandfather to the kids" as far as the mother knew.

There was no kidnapped sister. Tim Ballard never saw or met the boy or the pervert. He was at the border and after the man was taken into custody Ballard carried a piece of equipment from the man's car to some other place at the border. That's it. That was his entire involvement in this case. But again, it wasn't even a trafficking case, it was a single pedophile. A border agent's radar was up because he approached in his car with a four year old boy sitting on his lap. He had no child car seat. He had video equipment in the back seat of his car. When the border agent asked questions that should have gotten a response such as "I took my grandson over to Juarez to se see the glass blowers", instead he gave some very weird answer. And the kick is that the parent of the child actually allowed him to take the child to Mexico so the guy had cover for why he's with a small child with which he has no relationship.

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Here is Mormon Stories Podcast playlist on O.U.R and Tim Ballard. The first one was the tip of the iceberg, but still informative. It mentions that Tim Ballard quietly stepped away from O.U.R. but at the time it wasn't known why.

Ballard was pushed out of O.U.R when at least seven women went to O.U.R. board or HR and made allegations about how Ballard was using this ides of the "couples ruse" to manipulate them into sex or sexually compromising situations with him. Many of the men who were involved in OUR operations have come out in support of the women and some have gone public about why they believe the women over Ballard. At least one of those men had been manipulated into giving a public statement of support of Ballard without fully knowing what it was all about and that person has a podcast where he put his belief in what the women have said right out into the open, even getting attacked by his own subscribers. At the end of that episode he encourages Ballard to come clean and start the healing process.

Ballard was allowed to say that it was his idea to step down from OUR because of a conflict of interest with some new direction he wanted to go. Having the support of the Utah Attorney General and M Russell Ballard made him think he would be protected from any of this coming out. He was originally trying to use OUR and the movies and books as a way to eventually become the President of the Quorum of The Twelve Apostles, but when Mitt Romney decided not to run again he decided he would take that Senate seat. He also made it known that he has his eyes on becoming POTUS some day. :eek:

Take a gander at what some excellent investigative reporting has uncovered about this scumbag. At this point he has been excommunicated from the LDS church, he confirmed this himself.

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

This showed up in my YouTube feed just now, probably because I searched for those videos on Tim Ballard recently.
Speaking publicly for the first time, five women suing Operation Underground Railroad founder Tim Ballard for allegations of sexual misconduct and assault said he and the nonprofit need to be held accountable.

The women contend OUR leadership and board members knew about internal accusations of sexual assault against Ballard and did nothing to protect them or stop his alleged behavior.

Celeste Borys, who served as Ballard’s executive assistant and frequently traveled around the globe with him, and the four other women also said they had never seen a single child rescued on any OUR operations.

The women filed a lawsuit in October alleging that Ballard would in some instances fly women who would be posing as his wife or partner from across the country to Utah, because he wanted to hone their sexual chemistry for the so-called “couples ruse.”

To read more, check out https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/11/2...

Video by Bethany Baker of The Salt Lake Tribune.
--Colin Kaepernick
Resume18

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Resume18 »

Every accusation a confession with these phonies.*

Ballard, et al, not the accusers.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Rolodex »

So there's a new lawsuit against OUR, Ballard, and the AG of Utah, Sean Reyes.

Lots of juicy tidbits in this thread, including texts and why Ed Smart (father of Eliz. Smart) disassociated himself from OUR.
RVInit

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by RVInit »

Excellent thread. I heard about this lawsuit but not the details. Thanks! :thumbsup:
--Colin Kaepernick
Rolodex

Tim Ballard - Disgusting

Post by Rolodex »

RVInit wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:10 pm Excellent thread. I heard about this lawsuit but not the details. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Yw. I started following that news guy after the last round of accusations re Ballard.

That Utah AG is a real piece of work! I thought ours here in Alabama was horrible, but this guy may have won the prize. Our AG just hires his buddies to defend lawsuits against the state (rather than use attorney's employed by the state). Well, there are a ton more things, but afaik, he hasn't said anyone is a being higher than normal humans which exempts them from laws (at least not publicly).

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”