I think it's time....

You never know, something important could happen.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

I think it's time....

Post by jez »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:45 pm Being from Cincinnati I am required by law to not like Cleveland, at least during football season and for sure after Week 1 this year. I will of course abide whatever y'all decide sounds like fun.

Although....

And I am really warming up to Cincinnati/Dayton with out of town people staying in Wesr Chester or Monroe. Which is about halfway between.

I propose something like this. .

A welcome dinner Friday, Air Force Museum Saturday AM with Omnimax Movie Saturday Evening and Saturday Dinner at The Precinct, which is Jeff Ruby's headline place. Then Sunday morning at Cincinnati Museum Center which is a convenient location to flee from if you're not local. All destinations within 30 minutes of hotels in West Chester or Monroe. I welcome anyone else's ideas, I just did that off the top of my head.
Sounds good to me. Everything is within 30-60 minutes of where I live, so I'm a yes. :dance:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

I think it's time....

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:45 pm :snippity:
I'm thinking that the 699th has the funds to sponsor us a meetup in the Caymans.... :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

I think it's time....

Post by AndyinPA »

I am following this, but would have to see the final arrangements before I would really know if it's possible.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

I think it's time....

Post by Gregg »

I'm flexible.

Anyone got a favorite weekend?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

I think it's time....

Post by SuzieC »

Memorial Day weekend next year?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

I think it's time....

Post by Flatpoint High »

can't afford it. :crying:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

I think it's time....

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:16 am can't afford it. :crying:
Yeah, I hear ya. I was going to say something to Gregg about his initially proposed schedule (especially The Precinct restaurant $$$$). Ya, not all of us have the idea of breaking the bank for what is supposed to be simply a social meetup.

I can afford the trip, but I am a frugal person. Getting from south Florida to Ohio requires a plane for me. Then hotel, meals, rental car and incidentals like into museums and shows all quickly adds up.

I like what Gregg is trying to do, but he needs to keep in mind that many of us have limited budgets for this sort of stuff.

Plus I hate Cintucky as much as Gregg hates Cleveland. :P
Suranis

I think it's time....

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:56 am Plus I hate Cintucky as much as Gregg hates Cleveland. :P
14 year old Cleveland "tourism video." The guy who made this is now a Newscaster paid to talk about Cleveland...

Hic sunt dracones
jemcanada2

I think it's time....

Post by jemcanada2 »

I’d love to join for an in-person meet up but don’t know if l’ll be able to swing it.

Step one: renew my passport

Step two: ask Queen Romana for permission to travel outside of her realm :liar: :liar:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

I think it's time....

Post by northland10 »

The thing with meetups is that there is nowhere we can meet that will satisfy everybody. This happens with a group that spans the US/Canada and that other hemisphere.

I have never actually made one because they end up in times when it is really hard to take off since I have a Weekday and a Sunday job (and during choir season, I would need to suspend them for a week and acquire a sub to play).
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

I think it's time....

Post by Maybenaut »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:04 am The thing with meetups is that there is nowhere we can meet that will satisfy everybody. This happens with a group that spans the US/Canada and that other hemisphere.

I have never actually made one because they end up in times when it is really hard to take off since I have a Weekday and a Sunday job (and during choir season, I would need to suspend them for a week and acquire a sub to play).
Unless we did one in your town, then you could join in when you’re not actually working. We did a meet up in Maine a long time ago for that reason and it was fabulous!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
qbawl

I think it's time....

Post by qbawl »

neonzx wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:56 am
Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:16 am can't afford it. :crying:
Yeah, I hear ya. I was going to say something to Gregg about his initially proposed schedule (especially The Precinct restaurant $$$$). Ya, not all of us have the idea of breaking the bank for what is supposed to be simply a social meetup.

I can afford the trip, but I am a frugal person. Getting from south Florida to Ohio requires a plane for me. Then hotel, meals, rental car and incidentals like into museums and shows all quickly adds up.

I like what Gregg is trying to do, but he needs to keep in mind that many of us have limited budgets for this sort of stuff.

Plus I hate Cintucky as much as Gregg hates Cleveland. :P
I will just point out that the Air Force Museum is free. The Museum centre does charge but iirc it is not at all outrageous. There also is an Eddie Merlot (sp?) on the North side of Cincy which is probably not as expensive as Ruby's Precinct but also not quite as good. But there are plenty of restaurants in all price ranges to choose from in the area Hell, there's even a Waffle House and a White Castle nearby!
Gregg

I think it's time....

Post by Gregg »

Ruby's is expensive, and hey, Texas Roadhouse is awesome for me.
There is even one of those at the exit where I was thinking the out of towners could stay.
The nicest hotel there is a Marriott

The Air Force. Museum is not only free, I rate it as the best Museum outside of the Smithsonian with Cincinnati Museum Center for under $25 as a top 5. Best .model train layout in the world bar none and Union Terminal as a building has just fascinated me since I was a little boy

I also like the long term timing, I understand people coming from out of town need to make arrangements Pro tip, DAY airport is just as close as CVG a d might be cheaper.

I can also take time off and help shuttle people around to save on rental cars.

Keep throwing ideas at me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

I think it's time....

Post by Gregg »

Ruby's is expensive, and hey, Texas Roadhouse is awesome for me.
There is even one of those at the exit where I was thinking the out of towners could stay.

The Air Force. Museum is not only free, I rate it as the best Museum outside of the Smithsonian with Cincinnati Museum Center for under $25 as a top 5. Best .model train layout in the world bar none and Union Terminal as a building has just fascinated me since I was a little boy

I also like the long term timing, I understand people coming from out of town need to make arrangements Pro tip, DAY airport is just as close as CVG a d might be cheaper.

qbawl

I think it's time....

Post by qbawl »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:19 pm Ruby's is expensive, and hey, Texas Roadhouse is awesome for me.

Speaking of train layouts, if you are into that sort of thing (which I am). There is a superb example at a place called 'Entertrainment Junction' right off I-75 on the way to Dayton. A huge layout of G scale trains and if you are familiar with the Cincy amusement park Coney Island there is an incredible recreation of the park from its glory days.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

I think it's time....

Post by Maybenaut »

Someone suggested Memorial Day. That’s out for me (I have a music thing that weekend). So I’ll have to catch you on the next on if it’s that day.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Announcements”