Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Thompson vs. Ku Klux Klan lawsuit

SuzieC
Verified:

Thompson vs. Ku Klux Klan lawsuit

Post by SuzieC »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html

I didn't see a thread for this and I think we should be following it.
Patagoniagirl

Re: Thompson Ku Klux Klan lawsut

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Excellent case to follow. Thanks.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh, it is interesting!
The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee on Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit accusing former president Donald Trump, lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and two extremist groups whose members have been charged in the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol of illegally conspiring to intimidate and block Congress’s certification of the 2020 election.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) alleged in federal court in Washington that Trump’s and Giuliani’s false claims that the election was stolen fomented a raid that violated the Ku Klux Klan Act, an 1871 law enacted after the Civil War to bar violent interference in Congress’s constitutional duties.

The lawsuit alleges that Trump, Giuliani, and members of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys far-right groups sought to harass and impede lawmakers, and temporarily succeeded, forcing Thompson and others to don gas masks and take cover on the House gallery floor before being evacuated to shelter in the Longworth House Office Building with more than 200 other representatives, staffers and relatives.
https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/ ... 99.#page=1
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

One would think that the Republican Party would be embarassed that their former President and current Golden Cult Leader is being sued under the banner of the Ku Klux Klan Act. Instead, as someone in former Fogbow said, they wear it as a badge of honor.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 pm One would think that the Republican Party would be embarassed that their former President and current Golden Cult Leader is being sued under the banner of the Ku Klux Klan Act. Instead, as someone in former Fogbow said, they wear it as a badge of honor.
Right next to the Badge of Ignorance
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We love Congressman Thompson, but I seem to remember stern posting some reasoning about why this case will go nowhere, but it disappeared with the old board. Maybe he'll come back and tell us again?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:50 am We love Congressman Thompson, but I seem to remember stern posting some reasoning about why this case will go nowhere, but it disappeared with the old board. Maybe he'll come back and tell us again?
Lack of standing.

Return to “Civil Suits Arising From the Big Lie”