Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

John Durham's Investigation & Hannity's Delusional Operation Boomerang

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

John Durham's Investigation & Hannity's Delusional Operation Boomerang

Post by Luke »

Jim Hoft from the Gateway House of Boys (and Pundits) is madder than...

He's mad about John Durham but 1) we knew this already and 2) he hasn't resigned his Special Counsel position.

But pick your own outrage (h/t Google from Ed Anger):
“I’m madder than a doctor with a busted golf club…”
“I’m madder than a grease monkey with a crooked dipstick…”
“I’m madder than a referee in a polka-dot shirt…”
“I’m madder than a swami with a knot in his turban…”
“I’m madder than a weightlifter with a slippery barbell…”
“I’m madder than an Italian with a soggy meatball…”
“I’m madder than a commuter with no parking spot…”
“I’m madder than a riverboat gambler with no aces up his sleeve…”
“I’m madder than LaToya Jackson at a talent contest…”
“I’m madder than a bobcat in a saltwater taffy machine…”
“I’m madder than a computer geek with a busted mouse…”
“I’m madder than a high school graduate trying to read a newspaper…”
“I’m madder than a hornet with a bent stinger…”
“I’m madder than a jungle pygmy getting hit in the head by a can of Chef Boyardee during a food drop”
“I’m madder than a mountain goat who didn’t get his royalties from Chrysler Dodge…”
“I’m madder than a religious conservative on marriage consummation night…”
“I’m madder than a Republican congressman caught having gay sex in Motel 6 …”
“I’m madder than an Aryan Nations chemist on a busman’s tour of an Iraqi milk factory…”
“I’m madder than Dan Quayle at a vegetarian spelling bee…”
“I’m madder than Lee Harvey Oswald carrying a gun filled with blanks…”
“I’m madder than Monica Lewinsky without access to the Oval Office…”
“I’m madder than OJ Simpson with nothing sharper than a butter knife…”
“I’m madder than Superman with a pocketful of kryptonite…”
BREAKING: John Durham Resigns as US Attorney – Effective February 28th — Before Biden AG Takes Office
By Jim Hoft
Published February 26, 2021 at 2:55pm

John Durham announced on Friday he will resign as US Attorney effective on February 28 at midnight.

Durham was investigating the Mueller Russia-Collusion coup against President Trump and his administration.
He was appointed as Special Counsel in October.
He resigned as US Attorney in Connecticut.

There will likely be no indictments after the Deep State spied on Trump and attempted to throw him from office.

JUST IN – John Durham to resign from the U.S. Attorney’s Office effective at midnight on February 28. Durham was appointed as Special Counsel in October.
— Disclose.tv 🚨 (@disclosetv) February 26, 2021

Sarah Lynch says Durham will still be working as special counsel.

Just for clarity’s sake once more- @TheJusticeDept confirms for me yet again today – John Durham is STILL special counsel. The resignation announcement only pertains to his U.S. Attorney role. This was expected, and we also previously reported it. https://t.co/vTHVUfD7mt
— Sarah N. Lynch (@SarahNLynch) February 26, 2021

So it may be too early to tell if anything comes out of his special counsel work.
Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland declined to say if he will keep Durham as special counsel but it is unlikely.

Here is the press release from the Department of Justice.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Friday, February 26, 2021

U.S. Attorney Durham Announces Departure from Office

After serving as the United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut for more than three years, and as a federal prosecutor in Connecticut for more than 38 years, John H. Durham today announced his resignation from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, effective at midnight on February 28.

“My career has been as fulfilling as I could ever have imagined when I graduated from law school way back in 1975,” said U.S. Attorney Durham. “Much of that fulfillment has come from all the people with whom I’ve been blessed to share this workplace, and in our partner law enforcement agencies. My love and respect for this Office and the vitally important work done here have never diminished. It has been a tremendous honor to serve as U.S. Attorney, and as a career prosecutor before that, and I will sorely miss it.”

Prior to his appointment as an interim U.S. Attorney in November 2017 and subsequently as the presidentially appointed U.S. Attorney in February 2018, Mr. Durham served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in various positions in the District of Connecticut for 35 years, prosecuting complex organized crime, violent crime, public corruption and financial fraud matters. From 1978 to 1982, he served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in the New Haven State’s Attorney’s Office, and from 1977 to 1978, he served as a Deputy Assistant State’s Attorney in the Office of the Chief State’s Attorney.

First Assistant U.S. Attorney Leonard C Boyle will serve as Acting U.S. Attorney upon Mr. Durham’s departure.

“The Office will be in the extraordinarily capable hands of Len and our superb supervisory team who, together, guarantee that the proper administration of justice will continue uninterrupted in our District.”

Mr. Boyle has served as First Assistant U.S. Attorney since June 2018, when he returned to the U.S. Attorney’s Office after serving as Deputy Chief State’s Attorney in Connecticut for approximately nine years. He previously served in the U.S. Attorney’s Office from 1986 to 1998, and from 1999 to 2004.

Mr. Boyle is the 53rd U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut, an office that was established in 1789.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office is charged with enforcing federal criminal laws in Connecticut and representing the federal government in civil litigation. The Office is composed of approximately 68 Assistant U.S. Attorneys and approximately 54 staff members at offices in New Haven, Hartford and Bridgeport.

Update:

John Durham steps down as US Atty in CT. But stays on board as special counsel probing origins of Trump/Russia investigation. Biden Admin asked US attys to resign by end of February
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) February 26, 2021
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... es-office/

A recap of Hannity's Operation Boomerang (note it's in the entertainment section :lol:) :
Published May 17, 2019
WATCH: Sean Hannity goes in-depth on 'Operation Boomerang' as Barr 'investigates the investigators'
By David Montanaro | Fox News
AG Barr assigns U.S. attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia probe.

Sean Hannity took Fox News viewers in-depth this week in a series of powerful monologues focused on what he called "Operation Boomerang," kicking off with the news that a U.S. attorney will "investigate the investigators." Fox News reported on Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr had assigned John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry into allegations of misconduct and possibly improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign in 2016. "This is now the third investigation into the deep state taking place in Barr's DOJ," said Hannity.

Former FBI Director James Comey "abused his power," and we are just now starting to see the "mounting" evidence to prove it, Hannity said in his Monday monologue. Hannity said Tuesday night in his Opening Monologue that members of the "anti-Trump mob" cannot let go of their "conspiracy theories" about Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, even though allegations of President Trump colluding with Russia have been "dead and buried." "The Russian hoax is now in the rearview mirror, Mueller['s investigation] is over. Anything you hear going forward - that is only noise," he said. Hannity said that the political left cannot "let it go."

Hannity kicked off Wednesday's show by highlighting that a Clinton operative was charged by Mueller with leading the hiring effort for the Russia investigation and warned that former intelligence officials are scared of Durham's new investigation. "Guess what? The pit bull of Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissman, he was tapped by Mueller to lead the entire hiring effort for the Special Counsel's witch-hunt. That's right, Andrew Weissman of all people ... the same Andrew Weissman [who] was attending Hillary Clinton's election night party that never happened."

Later in his monologue, Hannity played a clip of radio host Rush Limbaugh, who claimed that James Comey and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper are nervous about Durham's investigation. The new developments led Hannity to ask at the top of Thursday's show whether the 'Deep State,' specifically Comey, is running scared. "We've warned Jimbo, it's not a good look when your own general counsel is comparing you to J. Edgar Hoover. Of course, the FBI chief who was famous for abusing power, spying on Americans, and, yes, blackmailing his political adversaries," Hannity said.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/s ... estigators

What a smashing success!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Hannity's Delusional Operation Boomerang / John Durham

Post by raison de arizona »

southpaw @nycsouthpaw wrote: Seems like the Durham investigation filed an admission of a major fuckup around midnight on a Friday during a snowstorm.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... sflg012822
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Wut?

:shrug:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

hell I dunno, I gotta read it like twice more, feeling a bit slow
JOHN DURHAM FLEW TO ITALY TO GET JOSEPH MIFSUD’S BLACKBERRIES BUT NEVER WALKED ACROSS DOJ TO OBTAIN JAMES BAKER’S PHONES
:snippity:
The John Durham investigation made a big effort to obtain two dated phones based on a conspiracy theory, but didn’t even seek to obtain phones he should have known were in DOJ possession before indicting someone based off the single witness testimony of that person.

This is not the only damning admission of investigative negligence in John Durham’s request for an extension of the deadline — which turns out to be a request for the deadline he originally requested — for what he calls discovery (but what is actually basic investigative steps he should have taken long before indicting Sussmann).
:snippity:
https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/01/28/j ... rs-phones/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

There was a time, long since past, when we'd watch Hannity for laughs. The sheer number of hours he spent on "Operation Boomerang" was incredible. It was right up there with Uranium One and BENGHAZI!!. Hannity programs for like 5 year olds, he repeats the same things over and over and over and over word for word. Operation Boomerang was absolutely, positively going to blow the roof off, he guaranteed it! And yet, he just keeps taking his $25 million a year salary and keep amping up the marks until the next bogus lie comes out. He's back to Peter Schweitzer again, the 25 year Clinton Hunter, this time about China. Funny how he doesn't mention Lumpy Bannon's Chinese partner, or DL2XIT's Chinese financing for Truth LIES. Maybe Peter is waiting for the sequel book for all that.

It's pretty telling that the link to the story is in the ENTERTAINMENT section: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sean-hannity-on-operation-boomerang-barr-investigates-the-investigators

Video clips are at the link above. Sean did FIVE DAYS on this bulls*it in 2019.
HANNITY Published May 17, 2019
WATCH: Sean Hannity goes in-depth on 'Operation Boomerang' as Barr 'investigates the investigators'
By David Montanaro | Fox News

AG Barr assigns U.S. attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia probe. Sean Hannity took Fox News viewers in-depth this week in a series of powerful monologues focused on what he called "Operation Boomerang," kicking off with the news that a U.S. attorney will "investigate the investigators." Fox News reported on Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr had assigned John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry into allegations of misconduct and possibly improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign in 2016. "This is now the third investigation into the deep state taking place in Barr's DOJ," said Hannity.

Former FBI Director James Comey "abused his power," and we are just now starting to see the "mounting" evidence to prove it, Hannity said in his Monday monologue. Hannity said Tuesday night in his Opening Monologue that members of the "anti-Trump mob" cannot let go of their "conspiracy theories" about Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, even though allegations of President Trump colluding with Russia have been "dead and buried." "The Russian hoax is now in the rearview mirror, Mueller['s investigation] is over. Anything you hear going forward - that is only noise," he said. Hannity said that the political left cannot "let it go."

Hannity kicked off Wednesday's show by highlighting that a Clinton operative was charged by Mueller with leading the hiring effort for the Russia investigation and warned that former intelligence officials are scared of Durham's new investigation. "Guess what? The pit bull of Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissman, he was tapped by Mueller to lead the entire hiring effort for the Special Counsel's witch-hunt. That's right, Andrew Weissman of all people ... the same Andrew Weissman [who] was attending Hillary Clinton's election night party that never happened." Later in his monologue, Hannity played a clip of radio host Rush Limbaugh, who claimed that James Comey and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper are nervous about Durham's investigation.

The new developments led Hannity to ask at the top of Thursday's show whether the 'Deep State,' specifically Comey, is running scared. "We've warned Jimbo, it's not a good look when your own general counsel is comparing you to J. Edgar Hoover. Of course, the FBI chief who was famous for abusing power, spying on Americans, and, yes, blackmailing his political adversaries," Hannity said. On a recent episode of the Yahoo News podcast "Skullduggery," FBI general counsel James Baker said he and others were so concerned about Comey briefing Trump on Jan. 6, 2017 on Russia's interference in the election, as well as the controversial Steele Dossier, that "analogies" were made to J. Edgar Hoover, the former FBI director who famously abused his power to blackmail individuals.
Ready for the best part?

Check out the #2 Google Search result for Hannity Operation Boomerang! :lol: (title keywords work!)

Boomerang.JPG
Boomerang.JPG (68.34 KiB) Viewed 2770 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I tried reading the paper, but waaaay over my head so I clicked on the twitter link and read the comments. That helped me a bit. Still, looking forward to any IAAL comments here.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
For a good time, goog yourself some "dl2xit".
Like this.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Orly, you have to remember that Hannity's has a VERY short attention span and even impressively steeper learning curve, thus the need for constant repetition til it finally sinks in and displaces something else.

It may also have something to do with him being short of material so he has to repeatedly recycle his nonsense to fill in his time slot. Not like his audience would know.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Constant repetition; a pretty bog-standard propaganda message “reinforcement” technique. The DFO’s use of capitalisation etc (albeit done by him or some other idiot) is another example.

NLP - “lying for sophists” :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
filly

Post by filly »

The NY Post had a screaming headline yesterday that Hunter Biden and his business partner received grand jury subpoenas in 2019.

So BFD, Durham didn't indict him or his business partner so what? Look for this to be on Faux tonight as a huge scandal du jour.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tsk tsk tsk - so the former guy was so incompetent and let them slip thru the crack?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is this the official Durham thread? :shrug:

Hopefully I nod back off to sleep tomorrow morning and sleep through this.

Blockbuster news from #Durham will discuss tomorrow @SundayFutures @FoxNews 10a et #live. Dropped last night-Tech Exec 1 exploited Internet traffic @ Trump Tower, Trump’s Central Park apartment and the Executive Office of the President of the United States (“EOP”). Huge.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

WTF does "exploited internet traffic" mean?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:44 pm WTF does "exploited internet traffic" mean?
I have no idea. I hope anyone that can sit through her show reports back. I try, but by 7AM my time, I've nodded back off and sleep through it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well Tech Exec 1 is Rodney Joffre, a "democrat allied tech executive" as "revealed" last September

I'm not giving them clicks, but a headline from the Washington Examiner 3 hours ago says "Durham says Democrat-allied tech executive spied on Trump's White House office."

And the Daily mail 1 hour ago says "Clinton's campaign paid tech firm to 'infiltrate' Trump servers"

Knowing them, the text of the article will reveal that they actually didn't do any of that. :bored:
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

If you're really into the Durham investigation, @emptywheel tweets a lot about it, holding Durham in utter disdain.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Most likely what happened is Donald had a mad about Hillary dinging him on Twitter about his toilet. He makes calls to people at FoxNews until he finally gets someone to put out whatever story he is waving around this weekend.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:51 pm If you're really into the Durham investigation, @emptywheel tweets a lot about it, holding Durham in utter disdain.
Marcie actually does the work to figure things out (i.e., she reads the pleadings and listens to court hearings), unlike most journalists and commentators. Plus she has a rapier wit. I wish we had a convoy of emptywheels - our democracy would roll along much more smoothly.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Marcy used to say she has a PhD in Close Reading. She can wring more meaning from a paragraph than anyone else I know of. It helps to have a piercing memory too. 😉
Half her “aha” moments come from “…but wait, in this transcript he says this…”. She’s brilliant.
Luke

Post by Luke »

They really let the statement go out calling him ROBERT Durham? Such incompetent clowns. :blackeye: :lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/12/j ... ion-tolls/

Marcy goes into depth on this. The basis is a meeting that involved Kash Patel. This was known for years and isn't as shady as Durham tries to make it out. He makes a bunch of claims about DNS lookups that he clearly doesn't understand.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Marcy has an article this morning about what Kash Patel (and the HPSCI) knew about this activity in 2017:
https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/13/k ... ed-frenzy/

Edited at 8:53 PT to correct acronym for the relevant Congressional Committee.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

From the transcript of the Sussman interview, he says this
Oh, I’m sorry. And I apologize. I remember what I was going to say. It was — it was, in large part, in response to President Obama’s post-election IC review of potential Russian involvement in the election. And in that regard, I had made outreach prior to the change in administration in 2016. And for reasons known and unknown to me, it took a long time to — or it took — you know, it took a while to have a meeting, and so it ended up being after the change in administration.
So, it is possible, that the so-called "Spying of a sitting President" was actually entirely Obama.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This article from The Wonkette also has some explanations of what this is about -

What The Hell Are The Wingers On About Now With John Durham?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”