Traitor Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), white nationalist asshat

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh please.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Tuberville: It was pretty much a draw. They didn’t get what they wanted. We didn’t get what I wanted.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

wasn't a "draw". Tubbyvillle surrendered. Lifted the siege. tucked his tubby tail and ran
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

What an asshole. Anyway, finally.
CSPAN @cspan wrote: Senate confirms more than 400 military promotions after @SenTuberville (R-AL) dropped his monthslong blockade of the nominations, which he held up in protest of the Pentagon's abortion policies.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:57 pm wasn't a "draw". Tubbyvillle surrendered. Lifted the siege. tucked his tubby tail and ran
Bravely bold Sen Tommy
Rode forth from Alabama.
He was not afraid to lie,
Oh brave Sen Tommy.
He was not at all afraid
To lie in nasty ways.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sen Tommy .
He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp.
Or to have his eyes gouged out,
And his elbows broken.
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled
Brave Sen Tommy.
His head smashed in
And his heart cut out
And his liver removed
And his bowls unplugged
And his nostrils raped
And his bottom burnt off
And his penis
"That's, that's enough music for now lads, there's dirty work afoot."
Brave Sen Tommy ran away.
("No!")
Bravely ran away away.
("I didn't!")
When danger reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
("I never!")
Yes, brave Sen Tommy turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
("You're lying!")
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, Sen Tommy!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Copy n paste and a few replacement - nothing on the art of others here :) but :thankyou:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: :clap: :clap: :clap:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

"This is not a football game Senator Tuberville."
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Klobuchar: Tuberville said “It was pretty much a draw, they didn’t get what they wanted.” Really? Who is they? I guess the they is the service members who serve our country
raison de arizona

Klobuchar keeps up the pressure.
Amy Klobuchar @amyklobuchar wrote: While it’s a good thing that Senator Tuberville is finally dropping his blockade on most military promotions, we cannot forget he is still holding up leaders of CYBERCOM and the Pacific Air Command. We can't leave these 11 important positions unconfirmed, and I am working to get it done.
raison de arizona

Tommy Tuberville suggests he'll back down as Senate pushes on military promotions: report

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) has staked his reputation on his protest against military promotions prompted by the Pentagon's abortion policy — but now there's a vote on it, he's suggesting he'll back down.
:snippity:
In one case, the head of the Marines was doing his job as well as his deputy's because a promotion was being held — a work an 18-hour work day that critics blamed for a heart attack. Tuberville responded by saying he works just as hard and never had a heart attack and later told military leaders to "delegate" like he does.
At the beginning of December, lawmakers on both sides were able to convince Tuberville to stop his protest. Still, he held onto barring promotions of four-star generals, though allowed others to move through.

The Senate is now considering an extended session to push through the rest of the military officials.

According to CNN's Manu Raju, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said that the Senate “will not leave town” until the final 11 military nominees blocked by Tuberville are confirmed.
https://www.rawstory.com/tommy-tuberville-bails/
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I hate my senator.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

“I’m mad he wasn’t tougher than that. Because have you seen what’s happening at the border? We’re being overrun. They’re taking us over. So a little bit disappointed it wasn’t tougher.”
All that is missing is the gas chambers.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

:bunny:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tuberville on Trump’s ‘poisoning the blood of our country’ comments: ‘I’m mad he wasn’t tougher’

BY TARA SUTER -
12/19/23 2:38 PM ET

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) said he was “mad” former President Trump “wasn’t tougher” in recent comments he made about migrants “poisoning the blood of our country.”

“I’m mad he wasn’t tougher than that, because have you seen what’s happening at the border?” the Alabama senator said Tuesday.

In different events over the weekend, the former president said migrants are “poisoning the blood of our country.” The former president’s comments have resulted in negative reactions from both sides of the political aisle.

A campaign spokesperson for President Biden said the former president had “parroted Adolf Hitler” at a Saturday rally.

“Trump is not shying away from his plan to lock up millions of people into detention camps and continues to lie about that time when Joe Biden obliterated him by over 7 million votes three years ago,” Ammar Moussa said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/436 ... t-tougher/
raison de arizona

Saban trade for Tuberville? WIll the Dems convince Saban to take Tuberville's seat, and Tuberville takes Saban's vacated coach job? Only time will tell.

Here's hoping Tuberville gets nothing but out on his butt.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Getting Traitor Tuberville out of the Senate and watching him get fired after 2-3 years. I'm all for it.
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:16 pm Saban trade for Tuberville? WIll the Dems convince Saban to take Tuberville's seat, and Tuberville takes Saban's vacated coach job? Only time will tell.

Here's hoping Tuberville gets nothing but out on his butt.
This would cause some real cognitive dissonance pain right here. The bammers love Saban and they love Tubs as a senator. I think a lot of fans might not realize that Saban is a Democrat - or at least has donated to D's (at least one I know of, and he's a personal friend, so Idk the strength of his D-ness; afaik he doesn't ever talk politics, but I don't follow football). Not sure how they feel about tubs as a coach. I think Auburn was glad to get rid of him.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Saban could run as an (I) and play it coy.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:37 am Saban could run as an (I) and play it coy.
That would be interesting. There's a weird mindset here; people have been conditioned to think that D = the devil himself: baby killer, godless, want to give free stuff to lazy people. Our state lege went full GOP in 2010 when people who had always been ultra conservative changed from D to GOP.

For so many who would never vote D (and it's not just the toothless hilbillies - I know doctors and lawyers and other professionals who feel this way), I'm not sure they could move to "I." I will say, however, that when we had a special election for senator when Sessions became AG, it came down to Doug Jones (D) and Roy Moore (R). Saban got a TON of write-in votes (people who'd just never vote D even if it was Jesus Christ himself) but also thought Moore was a clown/idiot. It has to get that bad before people who vote* would not pick the R candidate.

*As everywhere, GOPers vote in larger numbers than non-republicans. They are the reliable voters, plus the D party in AL is completely dysfunctional and ineffective.
raison de arizona

:roll:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Tuberville says all the scientists he’s talked to say that mankind doesn’t cause climate change.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:54 pm :roll:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Tuberville says all the scientists he’s talked to say that mankind doesn’t cause climate change.
Yeahbut, BOTH of the scientists he's talked to are Christian Scientists
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”