Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Florida Man

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Florida Man

Post by raison de arizona »

Cop on a bike chases drunk woman on motorized suitcase through Florida airport.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Florida Man Holds Pee Long Enough To Break World Record Watching ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’

Ramiro Alanis estimates he spent around $3,400 on tickets to set the record. :brickwallsmall:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida- ... 3f801a2f79
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

roadscholar wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 am Florida Man Holds Pee Long Enough To Break World Record Watching ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’

Ramiro Alanis estimates he spent around $3,400 on tickets to set the record. :brickwallsmall:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/florida- ... 3f801a2f79
I was expecting the cite to be from The Onion. Good grief.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

5 back to back screenings of it for 30 days? I don't care if that movie is as good as Ghostbusters, no way in hell. The guy is stark raving mad.

"The most impressive part was he completed the record while balancing family and work obligations."

No, it isn't.
Hic sunt dracones
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:06 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:35 pm Raw Story has seldom own content but retells what others have published. I tend to skim the content for interest and look out for the reference / link of their source. Then read the original and post that at TFB.
That's exactly what I do too.

And I swear that Raw Story doesn't have a single editor, and their writers don't proofread what they write before they post it.
I stopped reading them after they banned me on Disqus. I don't even remember why. I think it had to do with having a moderate view point on some issue that the rwbid base was getting hysterical over. I didn't even call anyone a name.
raison de arizona

Chilidog wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:07 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:06 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:35 pm Raw Story has seldom own content but retells what others have published. I tend to skim the content for interest and look out for the reference / link of their source. Then read the original and post that at TFB.
That's exactly what I do too.

And I swear that Raw Story doesn't have a single editor, and their writers don't proofread what they write before they post it.
I stopped reading them after they banned me on Disqus. I don't even remember why. I think it had to do with having a moderate view point on some issue that the rwbid base was getting hysterical over. I didn't even call anyone a name.
Same, I typically don't read Raw Story, but I will scan it for the hyperlinks to their sources and read those.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, he went to the movie every night for a month, and didn't take pee breaks?

I fail to get the point. I mean, its so contrived a record, and then the rules are so... random. It's like a 5 year old spouting out rules as his whims make a new rule to accommodate whatever he just did.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:12 pm So, he went to the movie every night for a month, and didn't take pee breaks?

I fail to get the point. I mean, its so contrived a record, and then the rules are so... random. It's like a 5 year old spouting out rules as his whims make a new rule to accommodate whatever he just did.
Calvinball!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

This thread is retitled "Florida Bride" for this post.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a- ... ar-AAWsq6d
A bride and caterer were arrested after wedding guests got sick from eating food laced with marijuana, report says

A bride and a caterer were arrested on Monday after wedding guests got sick from eating food laced with marijuana, according to a Seminole County Sheriff's incident report reviewed by Insider.

Danya Glenny, 42, got married at The Springs Clubhouse in Longwood, Florida, on February 19 with between 30 to 40 guests in attendance, according to the incident report. The report stated the event was catered by Jocelyn Bryant, 31, of Joycelyn's Southern Kitchen.

Police were called to the wedding after a 41-year-old guest said he was "feeling weird," according to the report. He went on to tell deputies that he felt like he "had drugs inside him," even though he only ate food and drank wine at the event, the report said.

The report went on to say that multiple guests told deputies they felt like they were high. One guest told officers "he would wish to prosecute" anyone who was responsible for his consumption of weed-infused food, according to the report.

Sheriff's deputies collected multiple items from the wedding as evidence, including lasagna and a piece of bread that later tested positive for THC, as stated in the police report.

The pair are being charged with tampering, culpable negligence, and delivery of marijuana, according to the two inmate booking reports. Both were released on bond on Monday, the reports said.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Throw the book at them. I am highly* allergic to all things hemp, and got extremely ill one time at a party when I was young and didn't know about special brownies (I had one brownie, and the only reason I didn't get hospitalized is that the people responsible feared that they would get arrested). I have no objections to personal use, but don't inflict it on others.

*pun intended
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I partake. I’d throw the book at them, too also. No one should partake unknowingly.
Edibles, especially, sneak up on you.

Maureen Dowd of the NYT decided she’d write about Colorado legalizing weed back when. She went to CO, bought edibles, went back to her hotel ALONE and ate a 100 mg chocolate bar in one go. No partner, no guide, no experience. They’re meant to be taken in tenths, especially by newbs.

Yeah, she thought she was dying and went to the ER. And she knew what she’d done.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I'm sure they thought "it would be funny."

It wasn't. Not one little bit. :mad:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hidden Content
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/fl ... uxbndlbing
Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission

A Ford GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida crashed his recently purchased supercar into a tree Friday evening because he was "unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say.

The driver, 50-year-old Robert J. Guarini, told police he lost control after downshifting while leaving his housing development at around 6 p.m. This led to a head-on collision with a palm tree. Guarini then told a nearby security worker that he did not have his phone and needed a ride back to his house, where he spoke to police via landline after leaving the vehicle unattended, police say.

Facebook user John Peddle's photos from the crash site show that the damage is limited to the front third of the car. The hit was substantial enough to trigger multiple airbags and disable the vehicle. It's unclear how fast Guarini was going when the crash occurred, but the GT slid far enough after hitting the tree that it blocked a nearby sidewalk.

The car was not registered or insured when the crash occurred. The listed VIN indicates that the car was purchased at a Barrett-Jackson auction in Palm Beach for $704,000 in early April, about the going price for a 2006 Heritage Edition GT. That would make replacement a very expensive endeavor.
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:47 pm
The car was not registered or insured when the crash occurred. The listed VIN indicates that the car was purchased at a Barrett-Jackson auction in Palm Beach for $704,000 in early April, about the going price for a 2006 Heritage Edition GT. That would make replacement a very expensive endeavor.
What an idiot. Who does that? I park cars FAR less valuable (think 4-digits) when they aren't registered or insured, you just don't do that.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A little part of me died when I read that. :oops:

raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:19 pm A little part of me died when I read that. :oops:
Yes, I completely glossed over the 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition aspect. I mean... What an idiot. That's what I mean.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is this a trend among the rich and infamous?
“I don’t really care, do you?”

This guy.
KKardashian commandeering a piece of Americana because she can (Marylin’s dress)

I’m sure there are other examples that I’m not remembering.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In a separate article:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3987 ... nsmission/
Though the police report says Guarini told officers the crash was caused by inexperience with a manual transmission, the Ford GT owner told Road & Track over the phone that there was more to the event. Guarini claims old tires, muddy pavement, and a fresh detailing were all factors causing the 550-horsepower supercar to swing out and hit a tree. The driver also told R&T the crash occurred as he shifted up into second gear from first, not while downshifting, as the official report says.
:snippity:
Though police say the car was not registered or insured when the crash occurred, Guarini claims the car was covered under an umbrella policy and that he just didn't have the documentation available when the crash happened.
:snippity:
Guarini was issued a citation for driving with a suspended license and a warning for operating an unregistered vehicle. The 50-year-old claims his license suspension was due to an unrelated department of motor vehicles "clerical error."
Sure dude, whatever you say... :roll:
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hidden Content
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Daddy liked his sister a little bit more?

Tiredretiredlawyer

What Florida man can't drive a stick? My Honda Fit is a stick. My firstborn would die of embarrassment if his mom drove anything but.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Last month we went to visit my bro in Ojai. My sis and I went into a bookstore. Bro gave me the keys to his car and walked sis’s dog to his house. We bought our books.

I put the key into the ignition and turned. Nothing. Again. Again nothing. Called bro “i think your battery’s dead”. He whispers “It’s a stick”.

:oopsy: :oopsy:

It’s been a while.
tek

Post by tek »

Two years ago daughter.tek was down here in FL doing the horse thing.. She has a Golf type-R, stick shift.

One of the trainers was having a fancy end-of-the-season party at some fancy place in Broward county.

None of the valet parking jockeys could drive a stick.
The manager of the valet parking couldn't drive a stick.

She asked "But don't you have people in their porsches and ferraris here all the time?"
Manager: "A lot of them are automatics, autosticks, or paddles. And the really rich people have someone trailing in one of their other vehicles to park the car."

Different world.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”