Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Youth Charity - Fundraisers - Philanthropy - Digital Media

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Youth Charity - Fundraisers - Philanthropy - Digital Media

Post by Luke »

This is just awesome to see. Ryan is a hugely popular YouTuber, his new video, released 10 hours ago, is #1 ON TRENDING with over 2.2 Million views. He raises money for charity, millions. Last year was Feeding America, and this year is water.org. It's fantastic seeing young people taking up the mantle.

It's the first episode of his new season of Surviving, but it's Euro this time. He's also apparently worth over $3M himself at 24. He's a huge fundraiser for charity and wanted to share a feelgood video to celebrate a young American creator. Since it's just starting, will be fun to follow his journey.

Starting in Paris...

Surviving on $0.01 for 30 Days series
On June 1, 2022, he started a series where he would start with a penny and a backpack and has 30 days to travel all the way to MrBeast in North Carolina, starting from Los Angeles, California. He said he wanted to do this because of the US Mint ceasing the production of the penny in 2023, and that MrBeast doesn't have one. It was also a fundraiser collaboration with Feeding America to raise money to end hunger in America, where 1 dollar donated would provide at least 10 meals. So far, the fundraiser has raised over 1.4 million dollars, which is equivalent to at least 14 million meals.

On June 30, 2022, he finally completed his journey. A few results of the entire journey include:
Traveling from Los Angeles to North Carolina in a span of 30 days for over 3,000 miles.
The total length of the entire series is 8 hours.
$509.21 was spent on transportation alone.
He ate from McDonald's every single day, hence making him have at least 30 meals from McDonald's (and at least 30 iced coffees?)
The goal of $100,000 was greatly exceeded, and nearly $1.4M was raised with 14K donations (the average donation being $94.95), so at least 14M meals.
Over 2 million cents were raised from new subscribers for at least 200,000 meals.
MrBeast donated $102,000 to feeding families.

Ryan Michael Trahan (born: October 7, 1998 [age 24]) is an American YouTuber and entrepreneur best known for his vlogs, challenges, commentary and lifestyle videos. Ryan was born on October 7, 1998 in the small town of Eagle Lake, Texas, U.S. He went to Rice High School in Altair, Texas, and was valedictorian. Ryan's Twitter account shows his closeness with his family, particularly with his dad and brother Matthew. He grew up without a grandfather. He made a pact in 2021 with Dr. Phil's agent Alicia through e-mail if his channel passed Phil's channel in subscribers, he would legally have him to be his adoptive grandfather. His channel successfully passed that goal in early 2022, and has traveled to Paramount Studios in Los Angeles to interview him (though he ultimately ended up not asking the question face-to-face).
https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/Ryan_Trahan

Who is Ryan Trahan? - Meet the YouTuber Who is on a Mission to ...
wealthycelebrity.com
September 16, 2022 - Trahan started his YouTube channel six years ago which is based on his daily life. As of today, he has around 300 videos and a huge amount of subscribers – 10 million. Well, Ryan first started uploading fun content weekly, which included sports and athletes.

More stats:
► Show Spoiler
https://wealthycelebrity.com/ryan-trahan/

Ryan is super famous. There's a video service called Omegle, it's a free video service that introduces you to new random people. You can skip to the next person. It's mostly for young people though anyone can use it (haven't). In this video, he gives $5000 away to random people he meets on Omegle. It's amazing how many know him... and this was three years ago.

Paying Strangers Rent on Omegle!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ryan Trahan - Youth Charity Fundraising - "I Survived On €1 For 1 Week"

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:03 pm This is just awesome to see. Ryan is a hugely popular YouTuber, his new video, released 10 hours ago, is #1 ON TRENDING with over 2.2 Million views.

MrBeast donated $102,000 to feeding families.
Ryan Michael Trahan (born: October 7, 1998 [age 24]) is an American YouTuber and entrepreneur
Let's be honest, Orlicious. You like him mostly because he is kinda a cute has nice personality. Maybe he should get a real job and not a social media gig? Yes, he is laughing all the way to the bank because of his followers/viewer. Suckers. :twisted:

What is next? Is he going to be pimping products as an "influencer" *cring* -- or is he already doing so? :biggrin:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast Youth Charity - "I Survived On €1 For 1 Week"

Post by Luke »

No Neon, I'm sincere about this. Set the video for the last two minutes of another challenge when he was getting started, money went to the Central Texas Food Bank. He talks about how important it is to help our "brothers and sisters".

As far as money... followers and viewers don't pay anything. It's the pre-roll ads on YouTube, sponsorships and marketing deals which he negotiates. Shopify has a deal with him and he creates and sells merchandise. Now that he has 12.9 Million subscribers on YouTube, advertisers want to partner with him to reach the hard-to-reach demographic of young people. He has blue chip advertisers from Ball Park Franks to Chase to Febreze. It really is a real job and in a few years, those deals have made him millions of dollars. I admire these kids' ingenuity and wish we had these tools back then. He'll start with a penny and do something like buy a pen from somebody, resell it for $1, play rock paper scissors to double it, and on and on.

Of course it doesn't hurt that he's cute and friendly... it helps him with everything he does, selling candy and drawing sketching people in 1 minute for whatever donation they want to make or whatever else he comes up with.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast Youth Charity - "I Survived On €1 For 1 Week"

Post by Luke »

Have y'all heard of MrBeast? At 25, @MrBeast has a whopping 164M subscribers. He's given away millions and millions of dollars to ordinary people and had a ton of fun doing it.
James Stephen Donaldson (born May 7, 1998), better known as MrBeast, is an American YouTuber and philanthropist. He is credited with pioneering a genre of YouTube videos that centers on expensive stunts and challenges. With over 164 million subscribers as of July 2023, he is the most-subscribed individual user on the platform and the second-most-subscribed channel overall.

Donaldson grew up in a middle-class household in Greenville, North Carolina.He began posting videos to YouTube in early 2012, at the age of 13. He was one of the 10 highest-paid YouTubers of 2020, having an estimated net worth of $500 million.

Donaldson is the founder of MrBeast Burger and Feastables, and a co-creator of Team Trees, a fundraiser for the Arbor Day Foundation that has raised over $23 million,[and Team Seas, a fundraiser for Ocean Conservancy and The Ocean Cleanup that has raised over $30 million. Donaldson won the Creator of the Year award three times at the Streamy Awards in 2020, 2021, and 2022; he also won the Favorite Male Creator award twice at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in 2022 and 2023. That same year, Time magazine named him as one of the world's 100 most influential people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MrBeast

Two recent videos:

1,000 Deaf People Hear For The First Time

1,000 Blind People See For The First Time

These are among his most popular:

$456,000 Squid Game In Real Life!
453M views 1 year ago

And this one is a salute to the 699th!!

I Adopted EVERY Dog In A Dog Shelter
200,919,901 views Jul 23, 2020
This is my favorite video i have ever made, it took me 9 months to film.
PLEASE DONATE HERE: https://furkids.org/donation/New Merch - https://shopmrbeast.com/
SUBSCRIBE OR I TAKE YOUR DOG

And he's 25 years old. Absolutely incredible what these young people are doing.
sad-cafe

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Youth Charity - "I Survived On €1 For 1 Week"

Post by sad-cafe »

My 7th grade students love Mr. Beast
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Youth Charity - "I Survived On €1 For 1 Week"

Post by raison de arizona »

I love it and I hate it. For instance, 1,000 deaf people helped with $3M of equipment means $3k a pop. We, as a society, are letting people be deaf for years (67 years in one case on the video) for lack of a $3k hearing aid? That's a bit infuriating.

But anyway, :thumbsup: . My kid LURVES him some mrbeast.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Digital Media - Youth Charity

Post by Luke »

Gave some thought to Neon's really good comment about getting a real job. Media is changing fast and while this is still small vs. traditional television and broadcast, even in the last five years the scales have rebalanced a lot. Here's some breakdown on MrBeast economics, he reveals all the revenue streams and vision. Average videos for his main channel take 1,700 hours to edit. He had 1M subs in 2017.

His manager Reed Duchscher with more on the business, including Squid Game (he didn't post again for three months because how do you top it. This is an EXCELLENT overview of the business. He talks about the difference between managers and agents in the traditional entertainment industry vs. this new digital space.

This is just from six days ago:

1,522,058 views Jun 27, 2023 Interviews | The Colin and Samir Show
Our conversation with MrBeast talking fame, burnout, marriage, Netflix, YouTube business, and the future.

00:00 Intro
00:44 Fame
09:56 MrBeasts Most Viral Video Ever
11:22 Focus
12:11 Fitness
14:18 Stress
15:46 Belief in YouTube
17:10 Messages from MrBeast's Past
19:22 Improving on YouTube
22:01 Pete Davidson and Tom Brady
25:02 Social Experiments
27:50 Storytelling
32:19 MrBeast vs Netflix
38:15 Problem with YouTube, Beastification
43:18 Work Life Balance and the New MrBeast
45:32 Competition
48:22 Secret to Short Form Content
55:51 MrBeast of TikTok
57:25 Feastables
1:07:56 Money and Creativity
1:09:25 Artificial Intelligence
1:12:15 Voice Dubbing
1:14:25 Next YouTube Icon
1:15:42 Ryan Trahan
1:17:27 Stress and Innovation
1:24:08 Leaving the Creator World
1:28:53 MrBeast the Mega Billionaire
1:30:22 Marriage
1:31:40 Growing Up
1:37:03 What MrBeast Watches on TV
1:41:30 Performance Anxiety
1:45:54 YouTube's Next Chapter
1:50:58 MrBeast Burger and documenting life

Luke

Ryan Trahan - MrBeast - Digital Media - Youth Charity

Post by Luke »

Beast Philanthropy is an American charity, food pantry, non-profit organization, and YouTube channel created by MrBeast. The food pantry is operated by Darren, who initially appeared in the videos I Adopted EVERY Dog in a Dog Shelter and I Bought Everything In 5 Stores on the main channel. According to the channel's about page, 100% of the profits from its ad revenue, merch sales, and sponsorships go towards 'making the world a better place'. This channel is https://www.youtube.com/@BeastPhilanthropy/videos

I Opened My Own Charity!
Beast Philanthropy 14.5M subscribers
6,592,871 views Mar 26, 2021
100% of my revenue earned from this channel is going to go to my charity! - so just by watching this you're helping people in need :))

I Helped 2000 Amputees Walk Again
14M views 1 month ago

We Did 10,000 Random Acts of Kindness
5.9M views 7 months ago

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Amazing. I am gobsmacked. :o
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Last night I watched all of "I Adopted EVERY Dog In A Dog Shelter". It was wonderful.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

There was an episode of NYT’s The Daily this week about MrBeast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0619354924
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

IMG_5309.png
IMG_5309.png (458.17 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

That's incredible. 25-year-olds giving away Teslas. And a nice knock to Elmo.

Ryan Trahan's Europe penny tour is over and he raised $407K for Water.org in 7 days. Water.org provides access to safe water in developing areas across the globe. Last year he raised $1.5M for Feeding America (that was 30 days, nearly 14,000,000 meals.).

Here's a story about the flights (how to get cheap flights) and some background on Ryan, including the backpack he uses: https://thewindowflyer.com/posts/ryan-t ... ne-tickets

MAGAts waste their time seething over Harry Sisson and Chris Mowrey, two vocal young Democrats. Wanted to give them some support and posted the pic of 26-year-old Joe Biden.

These young people are inspiring.
raison de arizona

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This is a kind of counterpoint to the above or maybe "fuller information."

I was watching this video about "Ghost Kitchens" which are basically virtual restaurants run out of the same actual kitchen which deliver food through delivery or you can pick it up at one location. The reviewer counted dozens of onlike resteraunts serving exactly the same food in different websites but all come from the same kitchen.

And at 23:18, he starts talking about MrBeast Burger specifically. How he was seeming to be transparent but not exactly. And other problemslike how he was letting people who have failed safety inspections start selling food in his organization websites, and how there has been lots of customer complaints about MrBeast Burgers being undercooked or not cooked at all on pickup. It seems to be leading up the conclusion that the man is extremely deceptive. And was the first 6 minutes of the segment, as I stopped to post this at 29:00 on the video. It is, it has to be said, pretty interesting, especially in the context above.

I have to say I had never heard of this guy until 2 months ago. I have no feelings about him either way, other than that I intensely dislike that Porky Pig impression he uses on the front end of his videos. But I've never watched one so what do I know.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

MrBeast sues company behind his fast food chain over ‘inedible’ burgers
YouTuber Jimmy Donaldson claims his reputation ‘irreparably harmed’ as customers complain of ‘revolting’ MrBeast burgers

Hibaq Farah
Wed 2 Aug 2023 16.29 BST

The YouTuber Jimmy Donaldson, more widely known as MrBeast, is suing the company behind his fast food chain MrBeast Burger for making “inedible” food.

The lawsuit, filed on Monday, claims the company has “irreparably harmed” his reputation. He has asked a judge to give him the right to terminate the arrangement, claiming the company is serving low-quality products.

In response, lawyers for Virtual Dining Concepts said Donaldson’s legal claims were “riddled with false statements and inaccuracies”.

Donaldson, who is the biggest individual YouTuber in the world with more than 171 million subscribers, partnered with Virtual Dining Concepts in 2020 to launch MrBeast Burger out of “ghost kitchens” that exclusively prepare orders for food delivery services.

MrBeast Burger orders are produced at 40 locations in the UK and 1,700 in the US.

Fans of MrBeast have posted images on Twitter of raw meat in burgers. Customer reviews referring to their meals as “a terrible meme burger”, “disgusting” and “revolting” were included in the lawsuit.

Donaldson told a fan in June that he was disappointed with the MrBeast Burger offering. “Yeah, the problem with Beast Burger is I can’t guarantee the quality of the order. When working with other restaurants it’s impossible to control it sadly,” he said on Twitter.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... le-burgers
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/?id=high-p ... s-involved
September 6, 2023

High-profile streamers bail on MrBeast-promoted Creator League after learning there are blockchains involved

A group of high-profile streamers and social media influencers agreed to join eFuse's "Creator League", where they would lead community e-sports teams. The project was announced on September 2, and was promoted by mega-influencer MrBeast. Only days later, the project has been put on hold after some of those influencers balked once they learned blockchains were involved.

YouTuber CDawgVA publicly withdrew from the project on September 3, writing, "I was not told or made aware at any point that there was Blockchain technology and was only made aware of that information when the event went live. I was given assurances that it had nothing to do with NFT's. Given my vocal hatred of such tech, I would never agree to join had I known that."

The creator of the OTK Network, which had agreed to participate in the League, wrote: "We were told there was no NFT/crypto component but looks like that may not be the case."

Creator League issued a statement attempting to downplay its blockchain usage, emphasizing that people who purchased "Creator Passes" were not buying cryptocurrency or NFTs. "The Creator League is not an NFT project and we have never sold tokens," they insisted. "Those buyers who remain uncomfortable with the blockchain technology can request a refund," they continued.

Now, Creator League has been postponed. eFuse, the company behind it, has also just announced a 30% layoff amid company restructuring.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

The latest. :thumbsup:
MrBeast @MrBeast wrote: I built 100 wells in Africa to provide clean drinking water for up to 500,000 people! This is one of my favorite videos I’ve ever made 🥰 (all ad rev will go towards getting people in need water)
Luke

Post by Luke »

He's amazing. That video is from 5 months ago; I covered it when it came out on YouTube. He's been testing how much revenue X earns (the early result was nowhere near YouTube).

Here's a more recent one on YT. The number of views is incredible. ALMOST Taitz Report levels of viewership.

I Saved 100 Dogs From Dying
158M views
3 months ago

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”