Moms for Liberty, known Nazi sympathizers

These people suck. They are bad people.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:clap:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:46 pm So apparently the recent M4L thing happened at the Museum of the American Revolution in Philly ... 5 days after I visited it while up in Philly from D.C. for the weekend, hanging out with a friend and her son. He's 5 1/2, one of my unofficial godchldren, and on each of my three total training and/or home leave periods so far (late 2018, early 2021, and now mid-2023), I've found time to hang with them for just a weekend and hit a museum or park. He was only 1 the first time so it was a park; last time it was the Franklin Institute with all the hands-on science exhibits; this time the MAR.

So we were both kinda disappointed to hear that they did that but then my chum -- who is an attorney and sits on her local borough council as the token (D) but actually pretty well respected by the (R) majority on it to the point where they aren't trying to endorse anyone to run against her for re-election because even though she's *very* Liberal as a (D), she's also a) an attorney who being one of them spares them from calling the town counsel to meetings unnecessarily, and b) willing to help disproportionately with the council's grunt administrative and paperwork tasks -- pointed out something ... interesting.

"Remember" she basically said, "just how many museums there are in Greater Philadelphia. These folks aren't well funded and if they have to take dollars from people we don't like and hosts events we sneer at to survive, well, that's what they gotta do."

We did agree that the M4L group probably didn't fully appreciate the exhibits which made it very clear how the revolution didn't end with independence and how people of color, women, and other marginalized communities have had to keep fighting every since. The exhibits are *open* and *explicit* about that. So we laughed.

So, yeah, do go to visit the MAR if you can. Despite the recent M4L ties. They're a great small museum which can be done in a few hours, are especially great if you have small children with you because they have an interactive exhibit that takes up most of their basement space where kids get to do more hands-on stuff, and the gift shop is just wonderful. Support them so they can take fewer dollars from people who treat them like a prop rather than a serious educational experience.

Here endeth Ben's story and plea.
Ben, that is a thoughtful and well reasoned opinion. The thing that bothers me is that the radical right is/has been taking baby steps to dismantling -in essence, everything from public education, healthcare rights, civil rights and our democracy. Poco o Poco. But now it seems like on steroids. Bathed in the cloak of $ and "morality" this gives validity to a fascist organization. I give it all no pass.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Found another new name for them: "Assholes with Casseroles"
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Anyone mention Twatzis? Saw that one the other day.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Another new name:

“Minivan Taliban”

"Mary Kay Kay Kay"
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

raison de arizona

Wish there were more context here. But still.
Kaivan Shroff @KaivanShroff wrote: WATCH: hate group Moms for Liberty cofounder Tiffany Justice says, “one of our moms, in a newsletter, quotes Hitler — I STAND WITH THAT MOM.”

Nikki Haley, DeSantis, and Trump all spoke at this summit. The Republican Party’s embrace of Hitler & other white supremacists continues.
IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5306.jpeg (84.52 KiB) Viewed 33300 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Klu Klux Karens....

:shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

:lol:
TheRealThelmaJohnson @TheRealThelmaJ1 wrote: We surveyed 100 people, most popular answers on the board.

'What's another name for Moms For Liberty?'
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek: :crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Also Moms for Liberty: "guns in schools is a god given right, so too is forced conversion to my brand of religion"
raison de arizona

Tax complaint filed against rightwing parents’ rights group Moms for Liberty
Michigan attorney alleges organization, named an extremist group by Southern Poverty Law Center, in violation of non-profit status

A Michigan attorney has confirmed she filed an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) complaint against Moms for Liberty, the parental rights group with positions against racially inclusive and LGBTQ+ education in schools. The complaint, which is private but was obtained by the Guardian, alleges that the rightwing organization is in violation of its 501(c)4 non-profit status.

Experts in tax law say an IRS investigation into the Moms for Liberty, named an extremist group by Southern Poverty Law Center, would take at least two years. If their non-profit status is revoked, it would most likely cause the group to re-characterize as a private organization, further decreasing transparency about how money is flowing into it.

Representatives for Moms for Liberty declined to comment, saying they would be unable to respond to questions without seeing a copy of the complaint.

The eight-page complaint questions whether Moms for Liberty is a political educational organization and notes public posts endorsing Republican candidates, the group’s campaigning for Republican candidates, and links to partisan training materials.
:snippity:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -complaint
raison de arizona

TheRealThelmaJohnson @TheRealThelmaJ1 wrote: Whoever is in charge of ADOT signs in Flagstaff is really in it to win it @uNoClimbGorilla!
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Good on San Diego to support their library and their LGBTQ citizens like this. I have to wonder about the mothers though.

If you announce in an open forum that you are intent on stealing public property, how much jail time will they get?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:17 am Good on San Diego to support their library and their LGBTQ citizens like this. I have to wonder about the mothers though.

If you announce in an open forum that you are intent on stealing public property, how much jail time will they get?
Yeah, I'm still confused how TWO moms checked out an entire display of books. Libraries loan books and other items, but you are limited on the number you can checkout at any given time (6-8 things as I recall) -- and today that is easy with those computers and barcode scanners tracking.

How did just two liberty seeking moms check out an entire display?

Imma pretty sure there were numerous others involved as co-conspirators in this crime.

But, YAY! Good on all those people who bought and had replacement books sent!
Dave from down under

My local public library

Library members can borrow up to 30 items per card per visit. Visitor members can have 3 items on loan at one time.
raison de arizona

Big article, lotsa pictures.
Moms for Liberty Recruits a New Class of Aggrieved Mothers
The burgeoning group, which has scored hundreds of school board election victories, is busy drafting more “joyful warriors” to take control of the Republican agenda.
With its purported membership of more than 120,000, Moms for Liberty is still a very new organization. When Tina Descovich, Tiffany Justice, and Bridget Ziegler launched the group in 2021, seizing on fights to stop schools from implementing Covid-19 mask and vaccine mandates, they positioned themselves as just ordinary moms, and their group as grassroots and nonpartisan. Of course, all three women have served on school boards, and Ziegler, who left the organization later that year, still does (her husband, Christian, is also the chairman of the Florida Republican Party). She had even worked on the Florida parental rights legislation that led to Governor Ron DeSantis’s “Don’t Say Gay” law. So when the Republican hopefuls came to Philadelphia to address the joyful warriors, it was a reflection of how much Moms for Liberty has transformed the GOP agenda into its own “parental rights” one—banning books and history curricula, excluding LGBTQ people, denying anti-Black racism, decrying anything and potentially anyone that does not belong in its God-fearing America. Such actions are just common sense, say Moms for Liberty members, and necessary to secure the future of their children.
Moms for Liberty members can position themselves as just regular moms somehow outside politics because, as religion scholar Sara Moslener has argued, white womanhood and white Christian nationalism reinforce each other. The mothers’ moral authority is perceived to endow them with perpetual innocence, and the United States is perceived to inherit its moral authority from Christian founders—rendering both the mothers and the nation incapable of committing injustice. The several hundred protesters outside the summit, some of them mothers themselves who held signs about protecting free public libraries and celebrating trans kids, aren’t like these moms at all, co-founder Tiffany Justice told the closing-night gala dinner guests. Inside the convention hotel, “we’re having a great time,” she said, adding abruptly and ominously, “If you don’t stand now, what is the future for your children? It will be bleak, it will be dark, there will be death.”

This is the kind of political work—preparing themselves, much as a militia might, for a coming conflict between good and evil—for which Moms for Liberty was designated this year by the Southern Poverty Law Center as an “anti-government extremist” group. Descovich and Justice accused SPLC of “[n]ame-calling,” while Ziegler called it “a leftist attack.” But there have long been traceable links between Moms for Liberty and two of the groups that played a leading role in the January 6 insurrection. Some Moms for Liberty members maintain relationships with the Proud Boys. Moms for Liberty even invited a member of the Oath Keepers to speak at the Philadelphia summit.
https://newrepublic.com/article/174671/ ... ed-mothers
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Anyone who thinks women are too innocent and naive to have a few bad apples mixed amongst us obviously never heard of Susan Smith (for one example).
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”