Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Re: Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Suranis »

To horribly paraphrase Churchill, if satan decked Cawthorn I would at least give a favorable mention of him in the House of Commons.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:35 pm then I hope he lands in prison
The Fogbow Idiot Lottery and Gaming Window is not taking any bets on that. We consider it nigh a dead certainty that he ends up in a small room with a lock on the door.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

So a RWNJ pumped-and-dumped other RWNJs over a RWNJ meme cryptocurrency, and is now being investigated by a RWNJ publication.

My cynicism meter just exploded.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I bet a disgruntled RWNJ who did not like that leak about RWNJ partying in D.C. hinted some details to said RWNJ journalist ;)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

In case you admit to ownership of this stuff:
Let's Go Brandon LGB

Let's Go Brandon Price (LGB)
$0.000000001118

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/lets-go-brandon/
someone is trying to corner the market on zeros :lol:

Recap:
‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Crypto Coin Turns Into Total Dumpster Fire
The MAGA-themed coin with dreams of sponsoring a NASCAR team is now circling the drain.

Noah Kirsch Wealth And Power Reporter Zachary Petrizzo Media Reporter
Updated Feb. 13, 2022 11:14AM ET / Published Feb. 11, 2022 10:41PM ET

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lets-go-b ... pster-fire
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: do federal insider trading laws apply to unregulated cryptocurrencies or only to regular traded stock?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:09 pm I bet a disgruntled RWNJ who did not like that leak about RWNJ partying in D.C. hinted some details to said RWNJ journalist ;)
That adds up. But how cynical must a politician be to run a scam that exploits his own followers' belief in everything he claims to represent on their behalf?

If we take this story at face value (and considering the source, that's a big if), Cawthorn is betting against himself. The scam requires people to believe in the product the scammer is selling. I realize that's always true, but this has the added dimension of exploiting belief in the political idea of "let's go Brandon" and what it represents. It's like a Republican trying to pump-and-dump MyPillow stock, or commemorative Trump coins. It requires the scammer to believe "this is a bunch of worthless shit, but these suckers will buy it" even as he uses his elected position to promote the same worthless shit on behalf of his suckers.

That's the real story here. If there is one.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:14 pm In case you admit to ownership of this stuff:
Let's Go Brandon LGB
Let's Go Brandon Price (LGB)
$0.000000001118

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/lets-go-brandon/
Hell, for that price I'll buy some. Here's a penny, I'll take 8,944,543. Keep the change.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:33 am So a RWNJ pumped-and-dumped other RWNJs over a RWNJ meme cryptocurrency, and is now being investigated by a RWNJ publication.

Cynicism meters need to be developed which avoid explosions. Perhaps our Fogbow engineers and techies can develop and grift sell the product to support the Fogbow. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Duct tape.

For any given problem, there is sufficient duct tape to solve it.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:42 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:09 pm I bet a disgruntled RWNJ who did not like that leak about RWNJ partying in D.C. hinted some details to said RWNJ journalist ;)
That adds up. But how cynical must a politician be to run a scam that exploits his own followers' belief in everything he claims to represent on their behalf?

If we take this story at face value (and considering the source, that's a big if), Cawthorn is betting against himself. The scam requires people to believe in the product the scammer is selling. I realize that's always true, but this has the added dimension of exploiting belief in the political idea of "let's go Brandon" and what it represents. It's like a Republican trying to pump-and-dump MyPillow stock, or commemorative Trump coins. It requires the scammer to believe "this is a bunch of worthless shit, but these suckers will buy it" even as he uses his elected position to promote the same worthless shit on behalf of his suckers.
This is the Trump-MAGA world. The behavior is a feature, not a bug.
101010 :towel:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Madison Cawthorn: A $2,000 pistol and a 10¢ head.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm Duct tape.

For any given problem, there is sufficient duct tape to solve it.
That reminds me of the old joke: Q: How is duct tape like the Force? A: It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Seriously, one of the few things that I've heard duct tape can not be used for is heating ducts. Nowadays, they use that foil backed tape for that. Apparently, traditional duct tape dries out and loses its seal.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"Duct tape" is actually a misnomer. It was originally "duck tape" named after a certain kind of cotton.

It was first invented by a female factory worker during World War II and originally called 'duck' tape because it was made out of a cotton duck fabric and it repelled water like a duck's back. Duck Brand duct tapes are made with three main components: rubber adhesive, cloth, and film backing.

/useless trivia mode
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:14 pm
TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:33 am So a RWNJ pumped-and-dumped other RWNJs over a RWNJ meme cryptocurrency, and is now being investigated by a RWNJ publication.

Cynicism meters need to be developed which avoid explosions. Perhaps our Fogbow engineers and techies can develop and grift sell the product to support the Fogbow. :biggrin:
I am three-quarters serious about this idea...

Customized magic eight balls

We just need 20 irony answers (traditionally 10 positive, 5 negative, 5 neutral) and a sufficient order quantity to make it worthwhile and away we go...

Edit to add: Pre-election gifts if we can get 'em done in time, or for sure Christmas gifts
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 pm :snippity:
Seriously, one of the few things that I've heard duct tape can not be used for is heating ducts. Nowadays, they use that foil backed tape for that. Apparently, traditional duct tape dries out and loses its seal.
As a former HVAC tech I can confirm this, It' not foil backed it straight foil tape, with the lack of weaving and the better resistance to temp changes it works better.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Two things: (1) "duct tape" is really not intended to be used for duct work; and (2) re: the issue of who could possibly believe in the "Let's Go Brandon" crypto -- the day after the NASCAR driver deal was announced, the "value" of the crypto exploded such that the outstanding coins had a total value of approximately $570 million; and (3 -- I can't count, sue me) again re: the pump and dump, I suspect that Little Lord Fauntleroy didn't know that pump and dumps are illegal.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

northland10 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm This is the Trump-MAGA world. The behavior is a feature, not a bug.
But... it requires the believers to not see, or not care, how blatantly they're being exploited and lied to. Yes, that's very much a feature of MAGAism too, but it is also the seed of its own failure.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

From the Who Cares Department, but further under-busing of Cawthorn to the MAGA faithful.
Madison Cawthorn video surfaces showing his male scheduler putting his hand on his crotch.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:54 pm From the Who Cares Department, but further under-busing of Cawthorn to the MAGA faithful.
Madison Cawthorn video surfaces showing his male scheduler putting his hand on his crotch.
:snippity:
Yeah, who cares, but when was the video taken?

What is Cawthorn doing behind the wheel?

He doesn't have license.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:36 am He doesn't have license.
That's never stopped him before.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:54 pm From the Who Cares Department, but further under-busing of Cawthorn to the MAGA faithful.
► Show Spoiler
Is that another variant on "pump and dump"..... asking for a friend..... :batting:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:winner:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”