Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

These people suck. They are bad people.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Frater I*I »

Wow, talk about privilege.

I'm white, I work at airports, if I bring a firearm on to airport property it's a felony charge....

:smokeears: :mad2: :cussing:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How do you "forget" your gun is in your carry-on? Seriously? You'd have to be a real....

Oh wait.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I don’t like the idea of him carrying at all. It disturbs me. Especially in light of the letters I posted above. The boy ain't right in the head.

Also the article said the gun was unloaded, but the incident report states that there was a loaded magazine. I guess it wasn't inserted? Still, WTF dude?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:30 am Wow, talk about privilege.

I'm white, I work at airports, if I bring a firearm on to airport property it's a felony charge....

It varies by state.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
tek

Post by tek »

I'm shocked.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Shocked, I tell you.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am How do you "forget" your gun is in your carry-on? Seriously? You'd have to be a real....

Oh wait.
To be fair, it is my understanding that it happens all the time.

Now, I agree that you have to be pretty stupid to forget something like that, but it is not necessarily nefarious intent.

I used to work in a county government building that had metal detectors and x-ray machines similar to those used by TSA. We occasionally had someone "forget" a handgun or large knife in their briefcases.

It was a fairly common occurrence at the County Justice Center, which houses Cleveland city courts, Cuyahoga County courts, the Cleveland City and Cuyahoga County jails, the Cleveland Police Department and the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department. There were more cops per square foot than anywhere else in the County, and yet, at least once a week, someone was caught trying to enter the building with either a deadly weapon or a bag of cocaine in their "luggage".
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:30 am Wow, talk about privilege.

WOW!! Imagine if Cawthorn was a member of "the squad" or a black muslim or one of the interpreters from Afghanistan?

We'd be at DEFCON six or seven by now :torches:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am How do you "forget" your gun is in your carry-on? Seriously? You'd have to be a real....

Oh wait.

Now, I agree that you have to be pretty stupid to forget something like that, but it is not necessarily nefarious intent.

I used to work in a county government building that had metal detectors and x-ray machines similar to those used by TSA. We occasionally had someone "forget" a handgun or large knife in their briefcases.

It was a fairly common occurrence at the County Justice Center, which houses Cleveland city courts, Cuyahoga County courts, the Cleveland City and Cuyahoga County jails, the Cleveland Police Department and the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department. There were more cops per square foot than anywhere else in the County, and yet, at least once a week, someone was caught trying to enter the building with either a deadly weapon or a bag of cocaine in their "luggage".

Easy arrests

Easy convictions

If you are that lax about killing machines and drugs then court consequences might save you and others
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He’s not going to let medical apartheid stand.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:46 pm My understanding is that he was a ginormous asshole before his accident. That he's a ginormous asshole now seems unrelated to his spinal injury.

I'm sure he suffered a concussion in his accident, and that certainly counts as a TBA, but the only time he mentions it is when his shitty grades come up.

He has a habit of hyperexagerating his accident just as he does with everything else.

Any brain damage is a preexisting condition with Maddy.
He allegedly had at least one term of such grades before his accident, too, also.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Not happy with Cawthorn in NC.

https://www.themountaineer.com/opinion/ ... cb778.html
In a 24-hour span from Tuesday into Wednesday, Western North Carolina experienced flood destruction on a level not witnessed for 17 years. Yet, as the floodwaters rose with fury — destroying homes and businesses in their path — and finally receded in the late morning hours of Wednesday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC-11) released no statement, no list of resources or shelters for constituents, and not a single tweet in support of the thousands in WNC residents suffering from the flood. On Wednesday morning, more than 30 of his constituents were still tragically unaccounted for, according to the Haywood County Sheriff’s Office.

Lest we think he was simply off the grid, 26-year-old Cawthorn tweeted or retweeted Republican talking points nine times from his official House account while the raging storm took hold of his district, reaping destruction on towns and rural communities. From tweets about finishing “the wall” to swearing America will never be an “Islamic state,” Cawthorn flatly, and blatantly ignored the people he has sworn to represent. As towns like Canton flooded Tuesday evening, Cawthorn blissfully posted pictures on Instagram (screenshot linked) of smoking cigars and listening to conservative podcasts.

:snippity:

Despite what he might think, amidst his endless quest for national headlines, Cawthorn remains our voice in Washington, and his office, a vital lifeline for Haywood County residents in need. We deserve a voice that actually cares about us rather than his own celebrity — a representative who can put down a partisan quest for stardom when our community is in crisis.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Mentally unstable? May I request that someone hold a mirror in front of Madison Cawthorn, please
tek

Post by tek »

'the U. S. Cabinet" :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I haven’t seen Biden speak much, and I would guess dealing with stammering has an an effect. But I’m seeing so much “SENILITEEEEEEEEEE”! out there I’m wondering what the supposed evidence is. He drives like a boss, but more importantly he’s picked a diverse set of smart people for key roles and listens to them, which is a gold standard of leadership. Where’s the seniliteeeeeee?
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:50 am I haven’t seen Biden speak much, and I would guess dealing with stammering has an an effect. But I’m seeing so much “SENILITEEEEEEEEEE”! out there I’m wondering what the supposed evidence is. He drives like a boss, but more importantly he’s picked a diverse set of smart people for key roles and listens to them, which is a gold standard of leadership. Where’s the seniliteeeeeee?
1. It is very easy to take a still frame from any video of someone speaking and make it look as if they are perplexed, lost for words, staring into space, asleep, laughing, etc, just because everyone's face changes as they articulate their words.

2. there are some videos where he appears to be pausing to find the right word/phrase. It is also quite easy to edit the video to make these longer than they really were. But probably the president does leave long pauses, or assemble his thoughts when asked a question.

3. they are remembering that the former guy was also said to be senile, incompetent, etc and this guy is even older, so naturally he must be the same only worse. That is probably the true oranges of this phenomenon.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:mad: :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm

Oh wait.

Been there, done that. It was humiliating. When Greg and I would take trips throughout Panama, we often camped or stayed remote. So we always carried survival tools. I had a trip from Panama to Tampa via air and grabbed a duffle from a pile of dusty duffles in the armoire. Packed some simple stuff and caught the bus to Panama City.

At the airport, the metal detectors went off and they asked it I had any weapons. Nope. Then, under the hard plastic insert in the duffle, the screener pulled out a "travel machete". 12-inches long. And a tin containing matches. Bandaid and a non-labeled bottle with antibiotics and Ibuprofen.

I was fortunate. I wasnt arrested after explaining and the machete was confiscated along with the other crap. I did have a thorough pat down and swabbing for explosive residue and probably drugs. I search my luggage and bags now, you bet I do.

Edit: Sorry. A terrible thread Jack. But I cant find the doo-dad to put it in.
filly

Post by filly »

Maybe someone should call the FBI?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I wonder how much more extreme those like Cawthorn will become as more details of “stop the steal” and January 6th become public knowledge; the information requests from the Commission seem to be having an unnerving effect.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lansdowne wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:08 am ,,,

3. they are remembering that the former guy was also said to be senile, incompetent, etc and this guy is even older, so naturally he must be the same only worse. That is probably the true oranges of this phenomenon.
I see what you did there.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Cawthorn is all talk and no action (I was going to say no walk, but that would be tacky). He isn't going to do jack shit other than talk and scam donors.
filly

Post by filly »

woodworker wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:30 pm Cawthorn is all talk and no action (I was going to say no walk, but that would be tacky). He isn't going to do jack shit other than talk and scam donors.
No, he's just going to rile up others to violence, much like all of the other GOP traitors (Gohmert, Gossar, Jordan etc.). But Cawthorn is dumb enough to blurt out that he's conspiring to perpetrate more violence.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”