Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, I'm convinced. So much for that no-fly list.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

good god he is an idiot
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Free travel? No shit? How do I get in on that deal?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Matty C done found the Sov Cit door.
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

It is one of the reasons that the Continental Army guarded the Airports...
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

optimusprime wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:18 pm It is one of the reasons that the Continental Army guarded stormed the Airports...
:biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Matty's going to be Karl Koenigs' new hero! Wonder if #FatRambo is in the OpVec traveling to visit Matty right now.

From that Daily Beast article above:
Cawthorn dropped out of the faith-based Patrick Henry College after a semester in which he mostly received D’s.
He's pretty but a really annoying voice. So add a gag to the mix.

ETA: New ad about Matty -- the GOP is going to be dealing with this message until Nov 2022.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:50 pm https:// twitter.com/jrcareyncdist11/status/1437601505935302659
JayCareyforCongress @jrcareyncdist11
Attended the Henderson County School Board meeting tonight to speak for continued mask mandates for schools. Meanwhile, @RepCawthorn must have feared for his life, seeing as he brought a knife to the meeting. #TogetherWeCan
4:18 AM · Sep 14, 2021
https:// twitter.com/fire_madison/status/1437902458378985480
Bringing a knife to an "educational property" is a Class 1 misdemeanor, according to North Carolina General Statute 14-269.2.
https://www.citizen-times.com/story/new ... 340156002/
I also note that the knife is strategically placed in its scabard on the back of his wheelchair - ready for any backstabbing would-be murderer to pick and poke :blackeye:

Nor does that position look like a quick access point to the person sitting in the wheelchair :confuzzled:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

But its really good for the vital "Be seen carrying a knife to own the Libs" function of congress.

Anyway, all he has to do is board an empty plane and claim salvage rights over an abandoned vessel. There instant ability to fly everywhere he goes.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I wonder how effective he thinks he'll be in a knife fight, when he has zero mobility to be in one...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

comes to mind
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

There's a wheelchair joke in here, but I'm not making it! We'll let the hitler ref ride instead. Because screw Maddy Cawthorn, that's why.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

I feel like it is possible Representative Cawthorn is underestimating the difficulty for someone living in poverty to make the trip from earthquake ravaged Haiti to the United States. He’s also overestimating the difficulty in getting vaxxed for Covid as a US citizen.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:17 pm I feel like it is possible Representative Cawthorn is underestimating the difficulty for someone living in poverty to make the trip from earthquake ravaged Haiti to the United States. He’s also overestimating the difficulty in getting vaxxed for Covid as a US citizen.
It’s a sound byte that appeals to the base. Doesn’t have to be remotely accurate. Just anger inducing.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

:yeahthat:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its a good ad, but I would drop the image with the rainbow flags, as that's the image that will be hammered over and over and over and will be used to avoid discussion of anything else. That's the image that had me narrowing my eyes as a mistake. When you are going after an incumbent that trades on fear of the other, don't paint a target on yourself.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

That was my thought as well.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

My mind is obviously wandering this morning. This thread, with the comment about the pride flags in the ad, and the other thread about Beto coming right out and saying we're after your guns, got me to thinking about all the times I've heard bitching about the Democrats not having the spine to stand up for their principles. Gun control and gay rights are a Democratic stance, and the US public agrees in the 70% range, so why is a Democrat, espousing things the Democratic Party stands for, not being hailed for actually saying those things out loud? Why play to the Reps at all if "he's only going to lose anyway" when it gets to the general? Exactly how many votes do you think either of them will lose by speaking out? How many do you think they will gain? Are there more one-issue abortion voters than one-issue gun control or gay rights voters?

At what point does the Democratic candidate stand up and say what needs to be said and get those choices out there for the voters? And yes, I probably fall into the one-issue gun control category myself. That one issue will absolutely make me take a closer look at any candidate who has the balls to say it out loud.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Hoo Rah, Sugar! My thoughts exactly!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I third that.

I reject an approach that chooses positions based on what nazis will scream loudest about.

Our country has been broken and is IMO in tatters due to refusal for people to stand the fuck up for what is right.

(Hello ladies, nice to see ya!)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:58 am I third that.

I reject an approach that chooses positions based on what nazis will scream loudest about.

Our country has been broken and is IMO in tatters due to refusal for people to stand the fuck up for what is right.

(Hello ladies, nice to see ya!)
Agreed. Let the Nazis scream. It just shows them for the racist scum that they are.

Sure, some will agree with them, but many will realize that they offer nothing but hate.

It can be argued that forcing the RWNJs to run even further to the right may cause the middle-of-the-roaders who might have grudgingly endorsed them, to reject them, when they go too far.

You're never going to win over the die-hard RWNJs, so don't even try. Aim your appeal at the moderates or undecided's who can be convinced. Make your message one of inclusion and let the crazies scream for exclusion.
raison de arizona

We all have to stand up for LGBT rights, not hide our support for them. That time is over.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat: x 1000
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”