US v. Trump - Espionage Act - (9:23-cr-80101) District Court, S.D. Florida

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

Will this case go to trial before the primary elections?

Yes, and it will be a wonderful circus
24%
No, Judge Cannon will dismiss the case on a motion to dismiss
5%
No, Trump’s attorneys will work out a plea bargain
2%
No, the case will be in the appeals court through the 2024 election
20%
No, Judge Cannon will grant numerous motions to delay the case
28%
No, this case will NEVER go to trial, but I don't know what will happen
8%
Some other option, which I will describe in a post.
3%
Debilitating brain aneurysm
11%

Total votes: 123

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Since Jack Smith still has the T**** trying to overthrow the government Grand Jury case going on, this is just for United States v. Trump - Espionage Act.

DOCKET ADDED to https://protopage.com/birthers:
Docket: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67 ... s-v-trump/

United States v. Trump (9:23-cr-80101)
District Court, S.D. Florida
Last Updated: June 12, 2023, 10:09 p.m.
Citation: United States v. Trump, 9:23-cr-80101, (S.D. Fla.)
Date Filed: June 8, 2023

Updated 1 hour ago - Politics & Policy
What to know ahead of Trump's arraignment in Miami
April Rubin

Former President Trump arrived in Miami on Monday ahead of his Tuesday court appearance for criminal charges related to his possession of classified documents.

Why it matters: Trump's indictment was unsealed on Friday, outlining 37 felony counts against the former president. He has been outspoken against the charges, the Department of Justice and the special counsel at the forefront of the investigation. Trump was previously arraigned in April in a Manhattan criminal court, where he pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree. This case is related to hush money payments from 2016. The recent indictment says Trump collected records pertaining to national defense, weapons and nuclear programs, jeopardizing national security. Boxes that contained some of these classified documents were transported to his home at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, the indictment says.
Trump told Fox News that he would plead not guilty to the charges and said the indictment was “election interference at the highest level.”

What time is Trump’s arraignment?
Trump's first appearance will be held at 3pm on Tuesday, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida said on its website. After the hearing, Trump will travel to New Jersey for a speech at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster on Tuesday night, his 2024 campaign said in a statement.

Who will be there?
Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump-appointed district judge, is scheduled to oversee the court appearance.
Context: Cannon was criticized for ruling in Trump's favor by granting a special master in 2022, following his argument that some of the records in the case were protected under executive or attorney-client privileges.

Trump was interviewing lawyers on Monday to represent him in the case, the New York Times reported.
Security and safety measures were being prepared by officials in Miami, including police and fire departments, ahead of the hearing to prepare for crowds and protests, said Miami Mayor Francis Suarez at a news conference on Monday. Some roads may be closed in the downtown area, he said. The U.S. Marshals and Florida Highway Patrol will also help.

Can I watch live?
Details: Federal court proceedings are not live streamed, and reporters are not allowed to record or transmit audio, photography or video from the courtroom or courthouse. Overflow viewing will be available for reporters. A federal judge in the Southern District of Florida issued an order on Monday evening prohibiting the use of all cell phones and other electronic equipment inside the courthouse during Trump's arraignment.
Separately, a magistrate in the Southern District of Florida rejected a request by a media coalition to permit a "limited number of photographs and video-recordings in the courtroom and/or the outside corridor" before proceedings begin, citing security concerns.

Of note: A mug shot of Trump was not taken during his first appearance in Manhattan in April. He was fingerprinted.
https://www.axios.com/2023/06/12/arraig ... -documents
Fox News’s Turley: Trump could face ‘terminal sentence’ if DOJ proves even one count
BY DOMINICK MASTRANGELO - 06/12/23 11:26 AM ET

Fox News legal analyst Jonathan Turley says former President Trump could die in prison if convicted on just one count after being indicted by the Justice Department last week on dozens of charges related to his handling of classified documents.

“The problem is, he’s got to run the table — he’s 76 years old,” Turley, a former opinion contributor for The Hill, said of Trump during an appearance on Fox News. “All the government has to do is stick the landing on one count, and he could have a terminal sentence. You’re talking about crimes that have a 10- or 20-year period as a maximum.”

Turley said the evidence laid out against Trump in the indictment revealed last week is “quite strong.”

“Now, we have not heard their other side. Generally, the indictments are a lot stronger on the day they are issued than on the next day, so they may be able to knock down some of these issues,” Turley said. “But some of the evidence is coming from his former counsel, and these are very damaging statements made against him. It may be hard to move those.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4045 ... one-count/
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

I’m thinking Jack Smith shouldn’t waive reading the full indictment, make Trump listen to every word because you know he hasn’t read it.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:01 am I’m thinking Jack Smith shouldn’t waive reading the full indictment, make Trump listen to every word because you know he hasn’t read it.
READ IT ALL!!!!! :oldman:

It is Essential that the defendant is fully aware of all the accusations.

It would hurt his defense if he relied on his lawyers to inform him, as he has said that he has hired incompetents to represent him in the past.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Just wondering...

Will Trump be able to keep his mouth shut?
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Hmm, like will the Pope shit in the woods? In this case, probably.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I read somewhere another magistrate judge Jonathan Goodman will preside for initial appearance, but Cannon will still be the judge for future proceedings.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Can anyone think of any possible defense for Walt Nauta outside of "I just moved boxes, had no idea what was contained inside those boxes"?

If that is his only defense does it seem odd that he can't see that he and Trump are not on the same side? Maybe he thinks Trump will be elected President again and everything will just go away. None of the photos of Nauta seem to show a happy man. Which came first - I'm unhappy because look who I am inextricably linked to, or, I am an unhappy bastard so I will support the man who is telling me my unhappiness is everyone else's fault/
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:23 am Can anyone think of any possible defense for Walt Nauta outside of "I just moved boxes, had no idea what was contained inside those boxes"?
Count 38, page 42

Nauta lied about moving the boxes. Contents are irrelevant to the charge.

(Yes, I re-read the whole thing again last night)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

much ado wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:02 am Just wondering...

In situations where he is not in charge, he can shut up and just sit there with his pouty face. The worst place for him is a room where he is not the numero uno, the big cheese.

In those times, you see he is no big tough guy. He will clam up not because it is legally smart but because he is weak.

Back home, his platform will be a blaze with his whining and any unfortunate wedding guests will get an earful.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

GG makes a great point. It's obvious most of the MAGAts haven't even read the Indictment. It's extremely easy to read, lots of white space, no legal jargon. It's another function of our "post-news world" -- instead of doing even basic research or looking into things, they get their "news" from echo chamber Twitter accounts and random internet sites with not a lick of journalism or ethics.

On a brighter note...

HAPPY TRUMP ARRAIGNMENT DAY for all those who celebrate. 🥳

And for the folks in the cult who worship this criminal and have lost elections since 2016: 😿

Bonus: Laura Elizabeth is already downplaying the possible mob in Miami...

Laura Loomer @LauraLoomer
It genuinely saddens me that so many people are scared to make their voices heard.

I never imagined I would live in a country where rallying in support of due process, free speech, free and fair elections, and against weaponized government would be viewed as such “radical” actions and ideas.

I wish people were not so scared to talk. And I wish our government stopped punishing people who do talk.
😿😿

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
June bug

Post by June bug »

New Turtle wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:11 am I read somewhere another magistrate judge Jonathan Goodman will preside for initial appearance, but Cannon will still be the judge for future proceedings.
Yep. Just another example of lazy, sloppy “journalism”. :mad:
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

And Cannon jumps in, as usual without paper.
IMG_9275.jpeg
IMG_9275.jpeg (89.04 KiB) Viewed 14563 times
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

He seems to be taking this well…

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

From a friend who is a retired Chief public defender;
HE DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR BOND ON THE NEW INDICTMENT BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY ON RELEASE PENDING TRIAL IN NEW YORK:
This is cut and pasted from the federal code on bond:
How accurate is it? (I have less than no clue how to begin looking up federal code on bond.)
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

wait - the dude with the boars head on a stick is wearing a Puerto Rican flag with his American?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

Oh, this certainly invalidates the indictment

Greatgrey

Post by Greatgrey »

And he’s got a lawyer, only cost him $3 million.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:28 am
RVInit wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:23 am Can anyone think of any possible defense for Walt Nauta outside of "I just moved boxes, had no idea what was contained inside those boxes"?
Count 38, page 42

Nauta lied about moving the boxes. Contents are irrelevant to the charge.

(Yes, I re-read the whole thing again last night)
Thanks! I need to reread the document as well. I'm sure I read that and then promptly forgot the details. Seems like he really does have little defense and his only real option is to stick with Trump, hope Trump or DeSantis gets elected and then case just disappears per new AG or he gets pardoned.

But I think I would be wise enough to take the more clear option that would have 100% chance of success. Give up the goods and get reduced sentence or a good plea deal. Of course, he was probably in way too deep before he had any idea what the investigation had uncovered for evidence. The leaks didn't come out until pretty late in the game. That was his opportunity to say "oh shit" I better cooperate. He's clearly not very smart.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
realist

Post by realist »

New Turtle wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:11 am I read somewhere another magistrate judge Jonathan Goodman will preside for initial appearance, but Cannon will still be the judge for future proceedings.
Me too. Also.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
A lottery is being held at 12p to choose the approx. 20 media members who’ll be permitted into actual courtroom itself for 3p arraignment.

Arraignment is on 13th floor
Scott's trying to get in for us. Says phones are not allowed, so we wait for the reports.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Arraignment is a sooper boring court appearance.

It is literally, are you the defendant? Have you been given the charges and do you understand them? How do you plead? Case is set for [future court dates].
End. Of. Arraignment.

Unless the defendant does or says something wildly inappropriate, I would like you to be aware that this is not, in any sense of the phrase, breaking news. It is boring news, unless something happens in, or more likely, outside the courtroom, that actually turns it into breaking news.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:59 am
Scott MacFarlane

Arraignment is on 13th floor
Scott's trying to get in for us. Says phones are not allowed, so we wait for the reports.
That’s my lucky number!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Things that could make this into breaking news:

1. The magistrate throws ketchup at the defendant. ( :pray:)

2. Meteor strike.

3. Magistrate orders defendant jailed with $5 billion with a B dollars bail. Cash only. :mrgreen:

4. Riots and mayhem, and the federal courthouse burns to the ground.

5. Probably some other stuff.

I remain calm.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

much ado wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:02 am Just wondering...

He did in New York.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”