John Eastman disbarment hearing

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
tek

Post by tek »

“surreal, exhausting battle to defend my integrity”
OBJECTION! Assumes 'integrity' not evidence existence.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

All this talk of Avenatti reminds me of his victim, wonder where she is at? A documentary about her called Stormy comes out on Monday on Peacock.
Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly wrote: “Like, my soul is so tired. And I don’t know if I’m so much a warrior now as out of fucks, man. I’m out of fucks.”
slate.com wrote: Stormy Daniels Is Telling a Different, Darker Story Than She Used To
A new documentary shows just how much she—and the country—have changed since 2018.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

What's the over-under on this judgment coming out today?

No reason I can think of for further day. It's been freaking months.

:oldlady:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:15 am What's the over-under on this judgment coming out today?

No reason I can think of for further day. It's been freaking months.

:oldlady:
Today or tomorrow. They won't do it on Good Friday. My bet is late Thursday.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That never gets old.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

This is the Eastman thread. Those tweets should probably go in the Clark disbarment thread.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:29 pm This is the Eastman thread. Those tweets should probably go in the Clark disbarment thread.
Yeah i must have clicked the wrong thread. @foggy can someone move them?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

BREAKING!!!
JOHN EASTMAN HAS BEEN DISBARRED

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/artj92V8o75VPL7AeQ" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=" GIPHY</a></p>
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Here's the order. All 128 pages of it!

https://discipline.calbar.ca.gov/portal ... =False&p=0
The scale and egregiousness of Eastman’s unethical actions far surpasses the misconductmat issue in Segretti. Unlike Segretti whose offenses occurred outside his role as an attorney, Eastman’s wrongdoing was committed directly in the course and scope of his representation of President Trump and the Trump Campaign. This is an important factor, as it constitutes a fundamental breach of an attorney’s core ethical duties. Additionally, while the Segretti court found compelling mitigation based on his expressed remorse and recognition of his wrongdoing, no such mitigating factor is present with Eastman. To the contrary, Eastman has exhibited an unwillingness to acknowledge any ethical lapses regarding his actions, demonstrating an apparent inability to accept responsibility. This lack of remorse and accountability presents a significant risk that Eastman may engage in further unethical conduct, compounding the threat to the public. Given the greater magnitude of Eastman’s transgressions compared to Segretti and the heightened risk of future misconduct from his complete denial of wrongdoing, imposing greater discipline than in Segretti is appropriate to protect the public and uphold public confidence in the legal system.

Guided by the standards, case law, and the purposes of attorney discipline, the court recommends that Eastman be disbarred.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness," Eastman (like any other bar-court defendant) may seek review in the review department. And then seek relief in SCOCA. And then (in theory*) seek review in SCOTUS.

Too also: The court fined Eastman a cool $10k:
Cal. State Bar Ct. wrote:Specifically, the court recommends that Eastman pay $5,000 in sanctions for his misconduct in connection with filing several pleadings seeking to mislead the courts. The court also recommends that Eastman pay another $5,000, for a total of $10,000, for making numerous false and misleading statements regarding the conduct of the 2020 presidential election and Vice President Pence’s authority to refuse to count or delay counting properly certified slates of electoral votes and for his collaborative efforts with President Trump to impede the counting of electoral votes.
Plus costs. :dance:

And, in three calendar days, will be transferred to the "involuntary inactive status" (i.e., suspended) list.

* There's no serious federal constitutional question. But, being 'Merika, anybody can file anything.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He should have sued the state bar and the state bar court repeatedly, in multiple jurisdictions. I heard that's a real winning strategy.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:46 pm He should have sued the state bar and the state bar court repeatedly, in multiple jurisdictions. I heard that's a real winning whining strategy.
FIFY
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Glory halleluia! It's an Easter miracle!

This certainly took long enough, but her order was long and looks thorough. When Jeff Clark gets disbarred, maybe they can become partners working as paralegals. Or they can valet park cars.

So...when he has to testify at Fulton County trial, can he claim attorney/client privilege? Or does that vanish with his law license?
June bug

Post by June bug »

IANAL but I’m pretty sure privilege rests with the client, not the attorney.

But YAY to the rest of it!!! 😀 👍 😄
bob

Post by bob »

June bug wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 pm IANAL but I’m pretty sure privilege rests with the client, not the attorney.
Too also: This is why the court (and the prosecutor) want to nail down whether he's going to assert an advice-of-counsel defense. Because if he asserts counsel (e.g., Eastman) advised him to do something, that waives the attorney-client privilege.

(But I don't expect him or Eastman to testify in Georgia.)
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I've been posting highlights (and there are many) of the Decision and Order. For everybody who followed this, it's extremely satisfying to see this un-American liar being held to account. Judge Roland is absolutely right.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I read all your posts - thanks for doing all that. I feel like we've come full circle from watching the hearing (with your brilliant live tweets) to this satisfying outcome (at long last). Luke Crew now on Clark - it's been entertaining!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

1 (1)_1.jpg
1 (1)_1.jpg (90.91 KiB) Viewed 529 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bar: :fiesta: :fiesta:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:18 pm BREAKING!!!
JOHN EASTMAN HAS BEEN DISBARRED
Imma just be subtle and go with this one.

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:18 pm Here's the order. All 128 pages of it!
The scale and egregiousness of Eastman’s unethical actions far surpasses the misconductmat issue in Segretti. Unlike Segretti whose offenses occurred outside his role as an attorney, Eastman’s wrongdoing was committed directly in the course and scope of his representation of President Trump and the Trump Campaign. This is an important factor, as it constitutes a fundamental breach of an attorney’s core ethical duties. Additionally, while the Segretti court found compelling mitigation based on his expressed remorse and recognition of his wrongdoing, no such mitigating factor is present with Eastman.
Ya gotta love being compared *unfavorably* to Donald Segretti. Jeebus.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think things are finally turning for the good. My faith in the Earthling race is shaky but coming back. I like Ben-Prime's signature. And justice shall be done.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”