Mike Pence 2024

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Mike Pence 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Mike Pence, Trump’s former vice-president, announces White House run
Republican who narrowly escaped harm at hands of January 6 rioters jumps into nomination race

Martin Pengelly in New York
Mon 5 Jun 2023 17.11 BST

Mike Pence, who as Donald Trump’s vice-president narrowly escaped harm at the hands of the January 6 rioters, has declared his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination next year, pitting him against his former boss.

Pence filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission, but will formally launch his bid for the Republican nomination with a video and event in Des Moines, Iowa, on Wednesday – his 64th birthday.

The former congressman and Indiana governor, an evangelical conservative, enters a primary dominated by Trump, who enjoys commanding polling leads, well clear of his nearest challenger, the rightwing Florida governor, Ron DeSantis.

A Pence run has long been expected but he has not registered significantly in polling, generally contesting third place with the former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 4-election
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yawn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder what the guy up the street who still has his HUGE trump/pence sign up will do now.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Mike Pence 2024

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:34 pm I wonder what the guy up the street who still has his HUGE trump/pence sign up will do now.
Keep us posted!!!! So far he hasn't put up just a Trump 2024 sign even though Trump has announced. Choices. Choices.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:34 pm I wonder what the guy up the street who still has his HUGE trump/pence sign up will do now.
Can of Krylon.... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-08/ ... /102453682

Former US vice-president Mike Pence opened his bid for the Republican nomination for president with a firm denunciation of former president Donald Trump, accusing his two-time running mate of abandoning conservative principles and being guilty of dereliction of duty on January 6, 2021.

Key points:
Mike Pence says Donald Trump asked him to choose between him and the US constitution
Mr Pence is a conservative who supports a national ban on abortion
He joins Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, Chris Christie and others in the race

Mr Pence became the first vice-president in modern history to challenge the president under whom he served.

He said Mr Trump had disqualified himself when he insisted that Mr Pence had the power to keep him in office — even though he did not.

Mr Trump, he said, "endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol" on January 6.

"But the American people deserve to know that on that day, president Trump also demanded I choose between him and our constitution. Now voters will be faced with the same choice," he said.

"I believe anyone that puts themselves over the constitution should never be president of the United States, and anyone who asks someone else to put them over the constitution should never be president of the United States again."

Mr Pence has spent much of the past two-and-a-half-years criticising Mr Trump, trying to navigate his political future in a party that has been transformed in Mr Trump's image.
Dave from down under

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

"But the American people deserve to know that on that day, president Trump also demanded I choose between him and our constitution. Now voters will be faced with the same choice," he said.

"I believe anyone that puts themselves over the constitution should never be president of the United States, and anyone who asks someone else to put them over the constitution should never be president of the United States again."

Pity he didn't publicly say that at the time... :fingerwag:
Kendra

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Kendra »

I lasted 15 minutes into the town hall. :yawn:
noblepa

Mike Pence 2024

Post by noblepa »

How quaint. He actually thinks that he has a future in Republican politics.

He will only be President when it can be reliably determined that has frozen over.
MN-Skeptic

Mike Pence 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Pence is trying to ensure that he have a future in the paid Republican talking circuit.

I think that's a motivating factor for a number of presidential candidates. They want the money they raise now, and they want to remain relevant into the future which means a continuing cash flow.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Foggy »

Werd. That's the only explanation I've seen that makes any sense. He knows he has no chance to be president.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bob

Mike Pence 2024

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:29 am Werd. That's the only explanation I've seen that makes any sense. He knows he has no chance to be president.
I want to believe a few of them are running, knowing they won't win, as an effort to correct their party's drift, and to return it to actual principles.

Not that the party actually is correctable; they believe it is.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Foggy »

Pence has no principles of his own, so he's not one of those.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
noblepa

Mike Pence 2024

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:52 pm Pence has no principles of his own, so he's not one of those.
Mike Pence's principles are whatever Mother tells him they are.
tek

Mike Pence 2024

Post by tek »

bob wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:24 pm I want to believe a few of them are running, knowing they won't win, as an effort to correct their party's drift, and to return it to actual principles.
That is a very charitable take.
More likely IMHO, they are using "put the GOP back on the rails" as their schtick to get airtime and maybe improve their standing on the pundit grift circuit.
RVInit

Mike Pence 2024

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:24 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:29 am Werd. That's the only explanation I've seen that makes any sense. He knows he has no chance to be president.
I want to believe a few of them are running, knowing they won't win, as an effort to correct their party's drift, and to return it to actual principles.

Not that the party actually is correctable; they believe it is.
I would believe that Hutchinson and probably Christy are running for this reason. Maybe some of the lesser knowns are also trying to normalize the party as well. I can see where they may think that non-MAGA Republicans getting up in front of America may encourage others to start being more vocal. Snowballs and all that.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Mike Pence 2024

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
realist

Mike Pence 2024

Post by realist »

:rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 32
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Azastan »

RVInit wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:29 pm :rotflmao:

THE.BEST.IS.YET.TO.COME!!!!
Whatever4

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Whatever4 »

Comedy from Mike Pence’s cousin.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Mike Pence 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Whatever4 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:12 am Comedy from Mike Pence’s cousin.
That was without doubt the funniest take on Mike Pence I've ever seen.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer

Mike Pence 2024

Encore!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Mike Pence 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

Dasha Burns @DashaBurns wrote: BREAKING: Former VP Mike Pence makes surprise visit to Ukraine and meets with President Zelenskyy. Our reporting on the trip and exclusive conversation with Pence coming up across @NBCNews
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “US President”