Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron Desantis 2024

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:25 pm Image
John Thomas8

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by John Thomas8 »

Obscene.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

I hope this will be a short thread. :pray:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

wrong thread. moved to general DeSantis thread.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Outages, garbled audio: DeSantis’s 2024 launch marred by Twitter tech meltdown
Struggling platform experienced its greatest stress test yet on Wednesday, with glitches piling as more people joined the stream
Kari Paul
Thu 25 May 2023 02.25 BST

Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign launch on Twitter Spaces was hyped by Elon Musk as “groundbreaking”, and extensively advertised as a new frontier for “free speech” in politics. Instead, the results were a disaster.

The event, which marked the first time a major candidate had announced their run for president on social media, marked Twitter’s latest attempt to draw more users and create profit as financial challenges mount. Since taking over the social network, laying off upwards of 80% of staff, Musk’s company has experienced a rise in technical glitches and errors.

That struggling system experienced its greatest stress test yet with Wednesday’s stream, which at 6.20pm ET had nearly 600,000 listeners tuned into Spaces, Twitter’s dedicated audio streaming feature. By Musk’s own count, it was gaining 50,000 more a minute. As the livestream began, the audio line experienced feedback, outages and garbled audio. Many users reported their Twitter apps crashing or logging them out as they tried to join the stream.

The glitches piled on for an excruciating 20 minutes. David Sacks, the Republican donor and friend of Elon Musk moderating the audio event, got a few sentences in before the stream collapsed. He introduced Musk, and praised DeSantis for keeping Florida open during Covid. Then the feed cut again. And again. And again.

“We got so many people here that we are kind of melting the servers, which is a good sign,” said Sacks, followed by Musk stating in the background that he was working to allocate more server capacity. The feed then cut once more and participants received a notice: “This space has ended.”

Finally, nearly 25 minutes after the intended start time, the livestream was underway – with significantly fewer listeners than before, at approximately 40,000 (numbers later climbed back to over 100,000 but did not reach the original listening figures). Musk acknowledged that the previous stream had “broken the Twitter system” before Sacks awkwardly asked DeSantis if he had an announcement to make.

“I am running for president of the United States to lead our great American comeback,” DeSantis said, reiterating lines from his announcement video. “There is no substitute for victory … we must look forward, not backwards.”

After acknowledging the “technical difficulties”, Sacks asked DeSantis why he chose to launch his candidacy on Twitter rather than TV, to which he responded by praising Musk as a “free speech advocate”.

“What was done with Twitter is really significant for the future of our country,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ech-outage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

And... we're off to the races!
DeSantis War Room 🐊 @DeSantisWarRoom wrote: "We did the right thing. We closed the country down."
Although at the time...
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just watched a David Pakman podcast. He played an interview of DeSantis by Trey Gowdy. Pakman pointed out that DeSantis repeatedly tap danced around Gowdy's questions, which, to be fair, were decent questions, how do you differ from trump, how would you handle the Ukraine situation, etc. DeSantis didn't answer a single question. He was too hung up repeating "woke, woke, woke." Even the question about the Ukraine/Russia war was answered with we need to unwoke our military bc the libs have ruined it (paraphrasing). I don't know if Gowdy is always that stone faced, but he didn't look impressed to me. Not that he bothered to push back.
► Show Spoiler
Try not to stare at Pakman's new mustache. It's really awful.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

That mustache...is really bad.

DeSantis is recycling tfg's greatest hits.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: 🚨🚨🚨BREAKING: Ron DeSantis says his priority on “day one” will be to examine whether to aggressively “pardon” January 6 defendants, including Trump.

Really? That’s his priority.

Idiotically, DeSantis also accused the Justice Department and the FBI of weaponizing its…
► Show Spoiler
tek

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by tek »

Are you pandering?
Sounds like you're pandering.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

ohss6k26ia2b1.png
ohss6k26ia2b1.png (98.76 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

Ron DeSantis says his priority on “day one” will be to examine whether to aggressively “pardon” January 6 defendants, including Trump.
I'm guessing DeSantis believes that's a real zinger, but who is it going to impress?

The base, that doesn't believe TFG did anything wrong?

Anyone else, who believes if he's convicted, not to pardon?
Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Phoenix520 »

tek wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:23 am Are you pandering?
He’s not a meatball, he’s a big ol’ pander bear.
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:57 pm ohss6k26ia2b1.png
Funny, but its not on the actual POTUS account.
Hic sunt dracones
jemcanada2

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by jemcanada2 »

Suranis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 am
I was thinking it’s supposed to be a joke about Biden’s age because “AOL.” :think: :think:

ETA didn’t the White House pay for his blue check mark? ;) ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:23 pm
tek wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:23 am Are you pandering?
He’s not a meatball, he’s a big ol’ pander bear.
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I thought it was a joke about promoting your presidential campaign using social media.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Foggy »

Wait, I don't have AOL Instant Messenger on my Kindle. Can I use my Wii? :confuzzled:
► Show Spoiler
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 am
Suranis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 am
I was thinking it’s supposed to be a joke about Biden’s age because “AOL.” :think: :think:
Yep, and how he's out of touch with the cool kids.
RTH10260

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:06 pm Wait, I don't have AOL Instant Messenger on my Kindle. Can I use my Wii? :confuzzled:
► Show Spoiler
Just stick with TiVo like other senior citizens do :twisted:
qbawl

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by qbawl »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:39 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:06 pm Wait, I don't have AOL Instant Messenger on my Kindle. Can I use my Wii? :confuzzled:
► Show Spoiler
Just stick with TiVo like other senior citizens do :twisted:
It should work on your Zune provided the software is up tp dated.
RTH10260

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis accused of ‘catastrophic’ climate approach after campaign launch
Republican ‘trying to out-Trump Trump’ on climate, expert says, as governor says he rejects the ‘politicization of the weather’

Oliver Milman
Sun 28 May 2023 11.00 BST

Ron DeSantis has been accused of a “catastrophic” approach to the climate crisis after he launched his campaign for US president by saying he rejects the “politicization of the weather” and questioning whether hurricanes hitting his home state of Florida have been worsened by climate change.

DeSantis, the Republican Florida governor who announced his bid for the White House via a glitch-heavy Twitter stream on Wednesday, has previously dismissed concerns about global heating as “leftwing stuff” and he expanded upon this theme during a Fox News interview following his campaign launch.

“People tried to say when we had [Hurricane] Ian that it was because of climate change but if you look at the first 60 years from 1900 to 1960 we had more major hurricanes hit Florida than the 60 years since then,” DeSantis told his interlocutor, the former Republican congressman Trey Gowdy.

“This is something that is a fact of life in the Sunshine state. I’ve always rejected the politicization of the weather.”

Climate scientists have said that while it is true that hurricanes have not become significantly more frequent due to climate change, there is good evidence that the heating of the ocean, now at record levels, as well as the atmosphere is causing storms to rapidly intensify and become more powerful.

A study in the wake of Hurricane Ian, which pulverized roads and buildings in Florida last year, causing $112bn in damages and around 150 deaths in total in the US, found that climate change worsened the storm’s extreme rainfall by around 10%.

Michael Mann, a climate scientist at the University of Pennsylvania, said that DeSantis’s stance towards climate science is “classic projection”.

“It is Ron DeSantis who is engaged in the ‘politicization of the weather’ by denying basic, established science – the intensification of tropical storms with human-caused warming of the oceans.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-campaign
RTH10260

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

some online trolling going on

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by keith »

Yeah, why is she responding to a 16yo troll?

But even more, why is our 'correspondent' responding to a such an immature flame war?

The whole thing is silly in the extreme.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kendra »

Desantis says Good Morning: “I will serve two terms, and I will be able to destroy leftism in this country.”

Return to “US President”