Ron Desantis 2024

Kendra

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kendra »

If anyone cares, essentially was scheduled on Fox & friends Monday morning, and as of right now hasn't cancelled.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:44 pm And I have a bridge to sell you.
We can bundle it with my Kansas beach front property... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Mrich

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Mrich »

Per Jim Acosta: DeSantis to drop out of presidential race today we are told
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

He quit.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

NBC: Ron DeSantis suspends his presidential bid and endorses Trump:
The move comes two days before the primary in the state, where he was projected to fall behind both former President Donald Trump and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

“Now, following our second-place finish in Iowa, we’ve prayed and deliberated on the way forward," he said. "If there was anything I could do to produce a favorable outcome, more campaign stops, more interviews, I would do it. But I can’t ask our supporters to volunteer their time and donate their resources. We don’t have a clear path to victory. Accordingly, I am today suspending my campaign."

"It’s clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance," he said, adding, "He has my endorsement because we can’t go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, or repackage formed of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."
Still, I'm a little surprised he didn't wait until after New Hampshire. I guess not finishing is better than a third-place finish.
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:bunny: :groupdance: :bunny:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Resume18 »

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

- Winston Churchill
Oh STFU Shemp
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
sad-cafe

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:25 pm NBC: Ron DeSantis suspends his presidential bid and endorses Trump:
The move comes two days before the primary in the state, where he was projected to fall behind both former President Donald Trump and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

“Now, following our second-place finish in Iowa, we’ve prayed and deliberated on the way forward," he said. "If there was anything I could do to produce a favorable outcome, more campaign stops, more interviews, I would do it. But I can’t ask our supporters to volunteer their time and donate their resources. We don’t have a clear path to victory. Accordingly, I am today suspending my campaign."

"It’s clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance," he said, adding, "He has my endorsement because we can’t go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, or repackage formed of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."
Still, I'm a little surprised he didn't wait until after New Hampshire. I guess not finishing is better than a third-place finish.

he wants that vp slot
sad-cafe

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:25 pm NBC: Ron DeSantis suspends his presidential bid and endorses Trump:

Money done dried up
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Reality Check »

Yes, DeSanctimonious was running at only 6% and some 30 points behind Haley for 2nd place in polls I saw. I thought he might hang in for anther primary or two but when the money dries up you are done.

He's dead Jim. :horse:
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

Most of DeSantis' (former) supporters aren't going to vote for Haley. Meaning Haley's best strategy is to rope-a-dope, hang in there, and wait for legal system to catch up with the presumptive nominee.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

Crawling to Donnie won’t save you Ron

Donnie will have his retribution
New Turtle

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by New Turtle »

Quitting before the first 3 states is usually a sign they want to preserve political viability and try again next cycle. This guy was only viable for like 5 minutes and then fell harder than Scott Walker. If we're lucky, he may never appear on a ballot again.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:25 pm “Now, following our second-place finish in Iowa, we’ve prayed and deliberated on the way forward," he said.
But...but...but... I thought he prayed before announcing he was throwing his hat in the ring and God told him he would be the next president for sure. So now God is telling him that he's a loser?

Oh, and I love how he folds like a cheap suit after the first primary while reaping millions of dollars in support from a PAC called "Never Back Down." But he fled like a five-year-old girl.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_7224.png
IMG_7224.png (458.57 KiB) Viewed 526 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Foggy »

I am not disappoint. I am approve. Thank you for playing. :mrgreen:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Luke »

On brand for Ron -- Churchill never said it.

Bad Fox Graphics @BadFoxGraphics 46m
Ron DeSantis misquotes Winston Churchill in his closing campaign message.

Churchill never said it, per @ChurchillCentre

Source: https://winstonchurchill.org/publicatio ... a-matters/

He's awful in this. "Greetings from Florida! The warmth of being home is a reminder of why I've chosen public service." Huh? What does that even mean? $150M for THAT? He misspeaks several words, it's clearly rushed and his eyes are dead. His eyes have looked different recently, have wondered if he got some work done.

Pal of The Fogbow Bill Mitchell is now going for..... RKJ Jr!

Bill M RDS Exit.JPG
Bill M RDS Exit.JPG (138.37 KiB) Viewed 502 times

Now, Realist and everybody, you're going to want to sit down for this -- Bill previously said:

Bill Mitchell quit Social Media.JPG
Bill Mitchell quit Social Media.JPG (120.48 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

This American Life aired a segement about this pair who went up to New Hampshire to ratfuck by trying to convince people, especially Democrats and independents, to vote for Haley.

They're probably feeling better today.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neonzx »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:58 pm This American Life aired a segement about this pair who went up to New Hampshire to ratfuck by trying to convince people, especially Democrats and independents, to vote for Haley.

They're probably feeling better today.
Wanted to listen to this segment but the episode doesn't drop for streaming until 7pm CT this evening.
Rolodex

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Rolodex »

I think I heard that both DeSantis and Haley voters' second choice is Trump, not the other not-trump candidate.

"warmth of home" is weird since it's like 40º in Tally today. But DeSantis is weird, so there's that.

Making up a Churchill quote is so on-brand for him.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:47 pm he wants that vp slot
Unfortunately for him, the Constitution forbids that. He lives in the same state as Trump.
much ado

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by much ado »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:34 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:47 pm he wants that vp slot
Unfortunately for him, the Constitution forbids that. He lives in the same state as Trump.
Sssshh. Nobody tell him. He'll try to relocate.

But then, he IS Governor of Florida. :think:
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:24 pm I think I heard that both DeSantis and Haley voters' second choice is Trump, not the other not-trump candidate.

"warmth of home" is weird since it's like 40º in Tally today. But DeSantis is weird, so there's that.
I was gonna say, my niece is only as far north as Polk County and she had to bring the dogs in last night because it was in the mid-40s.

That said, I thought I saw something during the Iowa race that a good chunk of Haley voters would actually vote for Biden over Trump in the general.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:24 pm I think I heard that both DeSantis and Haley voters' second choice is Trump, not the other not-trump candidate.
In New Hampshire, Haley probably will pick up more former DeSantis voters. But in other states, not so much.

DeSantis was the Jan Brady of the Republican candidates who had no clear lane.

Image ImageImage

Return to “US President”