Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Hey, his way worked... :mrgreen:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:52 am Hey, his way worked... :mrgreen:
and with style! :biggrin:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/tag/splooting/
NYC Squirrels Are Splooting Again. Maybe We Should All Try This at Home
Naturally, the resurgence of this phenomenon has elicited more pressing questions: Do red-tailed hawks sploot, too? Is that why my dachshund does it?

It might look strange for humans, but splooting -- basically, stretching the body out -- is the top way our four-legged friends (or enemies) try to beat the heat. Pug sploots are particularly epic, if you've had the chance to witness one.

And if you see any squirrels in New York City parks doing that same thing -- lying on their stomaches and stretching their back legs out behind them, parks officials want you to know they're not in any danger.

"It's just fine," NYC Parks tweeted Monday, along with a photo of a splooting squirrel. "On hot days, squirrels keep cool by splooting (stretching out) on cool surfaces to reduce body heat. It is sometimes referred to as heat dumping."
FZvxm3BWQAA70RE.jpeg
FZvxm3BWQAA70RE.jpeg (110.72 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Arkansas squirrels sploot too, also.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Here's something a little different. If you enjoy fishing or swimming in the ocean you might find this interesting. Lots of fish, some sharks, and a sea turtle make an appearance.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

Thanks, RV!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cool!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/china-giant- ... f5e936d58a

BEIJING (AP) — Twin giant pandas have been born at a breeding center in southwestern China, a sign of progress for the country’s unofficial national mascot as it struggles for survival amid climate change and loss of habitat.

The male and female cubs, born Tuesday at the Qinling Panda Research Center in Shaanxi province, are the second pair of twins born to their mother, Qin Qin. Another panda, Yong Yong, gave birth to twins at the center earlier this month.

Qin Qin was also born at the center and previously gave birth to twin females in 2020.

State media gave no word on the father, but Chinese veterinarians for years have been using artificial insemination to boost the population of the animals, which reproduce rarely in the wild and rely on a diet of bamboo in the mountains of western China.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:lovestruck:

One of my favorite memories of DC was my first visit when we hit the National Zoo and got to watch the toddler babies play in the indoor enclosure. The keepers drizzled honey over a plastic milk crate and let them have at it. They'd fight over who got to wear it as a hat.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We went to visit mr’s sister quite a while back and we all went to the Denver Zoo when they had newborn polar bears. Klondike and Snow were abandoned at birth by their mom; they were the first hand raised polar bears.

We were in line for hours. Just as we got to the entrance they pulled the velvet rope across the path right in front of me! I begged the guy ( We came from California!!) and he quietly let us thru. Since we were the last we got to stay a little longer and got a special tour. It was magical.

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Too cool!
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:00 pm One of my favorite memories of DC was my first visit when we hit the National Zoo and got to watch the toddler babies play in the indoor enclosure. The keepers drizzled honey over a plastic milk crate and let them have at it. They'd fight over who got to wear it as a hat.
National Zoo's PandaCam is an occasional guilty pleasure. https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam. A whole lotta nuthin' most of the time but fun stuff happens often enough to be worth it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

In pieces, I watched the whole video. Very cool!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Babies! :lovestruck:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The baby has grown, now a two year old puppy

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hippo zoomies!! Who knew??

And look how terrified that poor Golden is by the (tiny, adorable) attackers!

I love Goldens. I currently have the serious wants for a Golden girl and a Maine Coon boy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:00 pm Hippo zoomies!! Who knew??

And look how terrified that poor Golden is by the (tiny, adorable) attackers!

I love Goldens. I currently have the serious wants for a Golden girl and a Maine Coon boy.
:lol: Poor Fiona. She knows Bibbi isn't comfortable with baby Fritz getting close to Fiona, so she tries so hard to stay away from baby Fritz. But Fritz is determined to chase after Fiona, he really wants to see his big sister. And she has to run for her life away from him so Bibi won't get after her. That chase scene was so funny.

And that Golden Retriever. He's such a good doggie, he only gets half of his own bed, but not even complaining about it. Doggies are so darn cool.
--Colin Kaepernick
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Lemme in, it’s starting to rain:

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”