More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: More Cute Fur Baby stuff

Post by Slim Cognito »

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

FiveAcres wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:49 am Do you have a heated bed for Titan? If he is like our Boston Terrier, Bandit, Titan will think it is the greatest thing since liver treats. Bandit's is an old-style one that we have hooked up to a smart plug, but the modern ones have auto shutoff.
No not one specifically for him but I have an eight sleep pod for myself and it heats and cools according to how I set it. He can't make up his mind though. Most nights he starts on the bed but during the night he'll go to the floor and then end up in his little bed
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He may be a fancy French Bulldog, but I think he looks like my plebeian Chinese pug.
A050633C-5E76-434D-9897-33EF29874D0F.jpeg
A050633C-5E76-434D-9897-33EF29874D0F.jpeg (32.32 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:41 pm
FiveAcres wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:49 am Do you have a heated bed for Titan? If he is like our Boston Terrier, Bandit, Titan will think it is the greatest thing since liver treats. Bandit's is an old-style one that we have hooked up to a smart plug, but the modern ones have auto shutoff.
No not one specifically for him but I have an eight sleep pod for myself and it heats and cools according to how I set it. He can't make up his mind though. Most nights he starts on the bed but during the night he'll go to the floor and then end up in his little bed
What’s comfy for you might be too hot for him, so be careful. We have heating pads for the outdoor cats (each of the three has its own house). There’s a pressure switch that turns the heater on and off.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:07 pm He may be a fancy French Bulldog, but I think he looks like my plebeian Chinese pug.

A050633C-5E76-434D-9897-33EF29874D0F.jpeg
Oh hey there little pugger how are you doing?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:17 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:41 pm
What’s comfy for you might be too hot for him, so be careful. We have heating pads for the outdoor cats (each of the three has its own house). There’s a pressure switch that turns the heater on and off.
Again though he has a mind of his own. I let him do whatever he wants when he wants to sleep. I'll usually be getting ready for bed in the bathroom and ill come back and notice he jumped on the bed. He picks and chooses. I still have his crate on the floor but since the first two weeks he no longer goes in there despite it being open
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

I watched that documentary on burrowing critters a while back. Very interesting.

Meanwhile, my nephew and his wife are buying their first house. And they just got a pet pig to go with it. They also have three cats. :-)

pig.jpg
pig.jpg (250.66 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Little piglet is so cute! And love the Risky Business cat video. :lol: That was clever.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Between OwlKitty and reading the swearing parrot article, I think I hurt myself.

The shaking of the pictures was a nice touch.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lovestruck:
Even Siberian tiger cubs get baffs from Mom. So much like house panthers.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is that Einstein? I love(d) Einstein! We have an African Gray named Molly and she's brilliant. We (sorta) joke she's our smartest kid.* I've no doubt she's intelligent enough to rival Einstein (who passed a few years back) but I'm not smart enough to train her.

*I made that joke in front of my oldest who looked at me shocked, looked back at Molly and said, "fair enough."

ImageImageImage x4
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We rescued Molly from a cruel situation. The birds owner went off to the Middle East (enlisted man) and left the bird with his parents who hated all the noise she made. So the blankety blanks stuck her not just in the basement but in the furnace room, behind a closed door.

It was horrifically cold. Hubs and I showed up and they led us down to the furnace room. Upon opening the door and turning on the light, the first thing out of her beak was STFU mofo, only she didn't say mofo. Pretty clear how she learned it. Anyhoo, we brought her home and she's been with us ever since.

I've been trying to engineer a safe play area that will give her lots of room to grow, without her being able to climb down and walk around the house, even trying to incorporate some kind of heading for the plexiglass sheets that would prevent her from standing on the edge before gliding down (think nails on piers on waterfront). Everything I've designed so far, she's managed to destroy. Once on the floor, she goes straight for the woodwork. We have so much wood to replace if we ever put the place on the market. She even pealed off some of my kitchen cabinet veneer.

Kids. Sheesh.

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have a friend who owned a common hill mynah. At one time he dated a woman who loved to argue. Even though the relationship didn't last long, my friend really did not like arguments, the mynah memorized a few of their more animated conversations. :lol: Mynahs only have to hear things one time and they remember every detail, nuance, tone of voice, etc. Lloyd decided to move his mynah into the bedroom when friends came over after getting teased so many times over some of the conversations the mynah would repeat from time to time. It was all in good fun of course, but don't buy a mynah bird if you aren't prepared for everyone to hear any and every conversation, especially the ones where voices sound exciting, loud, etc. That mynah will tell everyone about it.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol: I’ve never heard of a pet mynah before.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:29 pm :lol: I’ve never heard of a pet mynah before.
Oh yeah. And they are incredible talkers. And when they repeat things they hear, they have the exact tone, pitch. Etc. It would sound exactly like a real live conversation between Lloyd and Mary. So, you would know exactly who said what - that mynah repeated every word in the exact voices. It was really amazing. Aside from the weirdness of having all your private conversations possibly shared with your visitors, they used to be popular as pets. I do think the idea of a bird reliably being able to repeat any conversation that interests them could be off-putting to lots of people. But Lloyd really enjoyed that bird.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sounds like they’d make good spies! You could do a series modeled after The Thin Man, starring Dick Fowl and Mynah Loy. :lol:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:33 pm Sounds like they’d make good spies! You could do a series modeled after The Thin Man, starring Dick Fowl and Mynah Loy. :lol:
:notworthy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”