Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Best on Youtube

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Best on Youtube

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:37 pm
Excellent RTH. I read The Jungle as a freshman in highschool. It all transported me to my childhood on a small farm where we had dairy cows and each year we would raise one pig, and butcher one a year along with a pig. Later in life, not so long ago, I.lived in a remote society where the same sustainable practices were practiced. I miss it. And thank you.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

from my Youtube subscriptions

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Fascinating, rth!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"Both Sides Now" with Belinda Carlisle had me bawling like a baby.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

(part 2 pending)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Blue Whales

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is crazy

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:33 am This is crazy
Cool video!

Doing that might not be the best idea, but Orcas in the wild actually aren't that dangerous.

According to WhaleFacts.org :
There have been very few cases of Orca attacks in the wild, and most marine biologists believe that in most cases, such attacks are a case of mistaken identity, where the dolphin* initially identifies the human as a prey animal.

In these cases, the killer whale quickly ceases its actions upon realizing its mistake.
Per Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_atta ... wild_orcas, currently, there are no known fatal attacks by wild orcas and only one attack confirmed to have caused serious injury.

Captive Orcas are a whole different story. There have been 4 human fatalities and numerous attacks and injuries. Wikipedia lists over 40 such incidents. Experts have yet to determine what causes captive Orcas to be so much more dangerous than their wild counterparts, but most believe stress caused by living in such limited space, cut off from their native environs and unable to follow their instinctual ways of life may be at the root of it - even among those born and raised in captivity.

[*Orcas are members of the dolphin family, not the whale family as commonly believed.]
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:47 am Captive Orcas are a whole different story. There have been 4 human fatalities and numerous attacks and injuries. Wikipedia lists over 40 such incidents. Experts have yet to determine what causes captive Orcas to be so much more dangerous than their wild counterparts, but most believe stress caused by living in such limited space, cut off from their native environs and unable to follow their instinctual ways of life may be at the root of it - even among those born and raised in captivity.
I suspect some or most of it's because they're not living socially with other orcas (partly baked into "ways of life"). Like being in solitary confinement, surrounded by alien beings who can't truly communicate with you and vice versa.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tillikum is the famous captive Orca (now deceased) that killed multiple people. He is also featured in the documentary Blackfish. In that documentary he is the baby whale whose kidnapping is graphically shown in the movie. I use that term deliberately. Tillikum was a sentient living creature, whose species is known to live is family groups where family is everything. Watching his capture in that movie actually traumatized me. I only watched Blackfish once, and although it is a very well done documentary I think anyone who is able to watch it twice must lack empathy or something.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is a handy free tool for YouTube, PocketTube/VideoDeck. It lets you organize your subscribed groups into collections. Just saw it and it works easily. Works great, can now put SovCits, LateNightComedy and others into collections to have them all together. Here's info:

Overview
Group YouTube subscriptions into YouTube folder. Video Deck for Youtube. Mark as watched videos. Filter YouTube video. Youtube mode
Using this Youtube extension you can create collections that seamlessly fit into the layout. This is an easy way to manage your subscriptions.

This extension enables you to:
★ Create groups with subscriptions based on topic
★ Group YouTube subscriptions / channels to collections / group. One subscription/channel can have few collections
★ Add custom icons for any collection. Choice prepares icons or uploads own one.
★ Show latest videos feed by collections/group. Play all videos by collections using the playlist
★ Auto-sync your collections on Android, iOS, Firefox using Google drive or Chrome profile
★ Integration in the main page
★ Integration in the left sidebar
★ Ability to video filters by topic on the feed page
★ Filter and sort videos by duration, activity, and date

You really don't need a video to get how to do it, but they have one. The description also has links to all browsers. On Chrome, over 200K use it:

How To Organize [Group] Youtube Subscriptions Into Collection[Folder] 2022 | PocketTube extension

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I knew it - Orlylicious is really a large group of Earthlings that each have their own assignments watching videos and television, and they have meetings where they decide what to tell us about. Now we're supposed to GROUP our YouTube subscriptions? :shock: No one person could keep up with it all, it's crazy! I bet Soros pays this "Orlylicious" group a TON of Ameros! :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That bridge building vid is kewl!!!!!! My mom and dad would have loved it!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pjhimself wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:24 pm https: //youtube.com/watch?v=lv_2JaGwYCQ&feature=share&utm_source=EKLEiJECCKjOmKnC5IiRIQ
1) The cover for the 15 hidden secrets suggest a plan for a 5th head on Mt. Rushmore - the video doesn't touch on this idea at all.

2) The Grand Ballroom in Flinders Street Stations gets publicity for proposals for reopening about every 18 months or so. It isn't 'unknown' to Melbournians in any way at all. But it would be really nice if someone would sink some money into fixing it up - a jazz and blues club would fit really nicely, I think. Bringing it up to fire safety codes is the biggest deal breaker I think.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: This guy is brilliant. I needed a good laugh.

--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:44 pm :rotflmao: This guy is brilliant. I needed a good laugh.

:snippity:
My Brother In Law gave me a set of louvered doors EXACTLY like those shown when he renovated his house. At first, I screwed one of them to an Ikea shelf thingy in the laundry to disguise it. We used to hang stuff there before ironing. Then when we renovated I connected three of them with two-way hinges, took out the louvers and made cloth covered frames to fit into the resulting framework, and made a room divider/ sun screen. They didn't work all that well, and we ended up getting rid of them.

Except we didn't. I thought we did. But every time I forget all about them, SWMBO digs one up from somewhere and hangs it on the fence as some weird 'decoration' bit behind some new plant. Where she has hidden them, I really don't know. I thought I had finally got rid of them when she asked me to cut up a couple and make a frame that she could stuff sphagnum moss into for a bunch of succulents she wanted to (you guessed it) hang on the fence outside her exercise room.

But just last week I was clearing out some of the stored offcuts I haven't even seen let alone thought about using for 20 years when what should appear? Yep. The fourth louvered door, complete with a full complement of louvers.

I don't understand how these things can keep coming back to life.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “General Stuff”