Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2020 Election Lawsuits

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
chancery
Verified:

Re: 2020 Election Lawsuits

Post by chancery »

Brad Heath
@bradheath
A federal judge wants every attorney whose name was on court filings seeking to overturn Michigan's presidential election results in the "Kraken" suit there to show up for a sanctions hearing on July 6.
There’s a whiff of “Do you have anything to say why sentence should not be passed upon you” here.

But only a whiff. Sanctions, particularly sanctions stronger than a slap on the wrist, are extremely rare in the U.S. judicial system.

However, it should certainly be an interesting hearing.

Also, Mike's comments are apt.

Mike Dunford
@questauthorityI wouldn't say that this indicates sanctions will be imposed in this case. It is not unknown for a judge to go with "scolding from the bench in lieu of sanctions." So I'm not sure I'd say that this bodes poorly for the Krakenoids.

But it sure as hell don't bode well for them.

I would, however, definitely say that this clearly indicates that the judge is very much not receptive to the plaintiffs' argument that only the local counsel should be on the hook and not all the other people who put their name on the documents.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

And the Pitt-tang. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Do they allow observers for hearings like this?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

jez wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:53 pm Do they allow observers for hearings like this?
Another document said it was going to be zoomed and open to the public.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:36 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 pm I love the George Clooney/ Brad Pitt Oceans 11. I tried watching the original Rat Pack Ocean's 11 but my 1960's mindset is long gone and I couldn't finish it. It wasn't as complex as the newest one and I got bored. Not fighting Slim, just saying.... :biggrin:
Everybody loves the Cloontang....
Can't stand Frank Sinatra, but "Ain't That a Kick In the Head?" is a favorite of mine.
filly

Post by filly »

The City of Detroit ‘s Motion for Sanctions was as strong as horseradish. The Judge might very well grant sanctions here (there are two other Motions for Sanctions being heard also). If this abusive litigation doesn’t warrant sanctions we might as well just get rid of them.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Twitter thread on Paul Davis and his “Gondor” lawsuit.

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
tek

Post by tek »

If I read this right:
- the dog ate my homework.
- somebody I won't name was a dastardly meanie.
- maybe if I keep writing I'll figure a way out of this.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Note the last visible sentence in para 7 "the individual has now parted way ... after being confronted ..."
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:violin: :crying:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

PaulG wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:30 am
Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:36 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 pm I love the George Clooney/ Brad Pitt Oceans 11. I tried watching the original Rat Pack Ocean's 11 but my 1960's mindset is long gone and I couldn't finish it. It wasn't as complex as the newest one and I got bored. Not fighting Slim, just saying.... :biggrin:
Everybody loves the Cloontang....
Can't stand Frank Sinatra, but "Ain't That a Kick In the Head?" is a favorite of mine.
Dino still makes me swoon.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Dino... :lovestruck: :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

With that documentary, was going to point out how history and context make so much of a difference. Glad people commented about it. At the beginning of the A&E show, the guys (including Johnny Carson) really make fun of Sammy. If you just saw that portion, at this moment in time, it would seem "racist". But then you find out that Sinatra met Sammy when he was 16 (Sammy never attended a day of school because his Dad kept him on the road entertaining) and protected, defended and helped him immeasurably. Sinatra put it on the line for Sammy. I was around Sammy and Sinatra (worked for Liza and her manager was also Frank's), I have a gift from Sammy of a photo album of him from Japan. It's a good reminder, never scanned those pix and they are original one of a kinds, will look for the album and put a few pix up when I can. Sammy's wife Altovise was a dear person too.

Anyway, meanwhile idiot Harmeet Dillon files a frivolous lawsuit. This is from a stupid RWNJ blog called "The DC Patriot":
Lawsuit Filed Against Democrats For Censoring Americans Tweets About Election Outcome
June 19, 2021 No Comments

As you know there’s a lot of talk about audits in not just Arizona, but soon to be Nevada, Michigan, and Georgia, and at the height of those talks is censorship. When Americans began to question what was happening during the 2020 elections, they were censored, told they couldn’t question the outcome of an election, and deplatformed, suspended, or banned from Facebook, Twitter, among other sites. That’s right, the supposed freest nation in the world was censoring its citizens and their ability to question something that they didn’t like. Something you’d see in Communist or Marxist regimes. Now a new lawsuit has been filed.

The lawsuit has been filed to hold government officials accountable for what they did. Conspiring with private companies to achieve was is a violation of First Amendment rights. The Center for American Liberty has just sued the California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, his agents, and Twitter for their plot to stifle dissent during the 2020 election. Dhillon Law and Liberty Center founder Harmeet Dhillon announced the massive legal case on Thursday. “We at [Liberty Center] just filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against former CA Secretary of State turned US Sen. Alex Padilla, #Twitter, and more for the Govt’s role in Twitter banning attorney Rogan O’Handley,” Dhillon notes. In the Center for Liberty’s press release it points to the discriminatory practices brought against conservative commentator and lawyer Rogan Handley.

Like many expressing concerns over the 2020 election, Rogan found himself the target of the California Office of Elections Cybersecurity. From November 2020 to February 2021, Rogan tweeted a series of messages—calling for an audit of every California ballot, a commission to study the 2020 election results, and raising concern over voter fraud—only to be swiftly “flagged” by leftist operatives working as an agent of the California Secretary of State who in turn instructed Twitter to remove Rogan’s tweets.

But that is not the worst of it… In February 2021, Twitter permanently suspended Rogan altogether for tweeting, “Most votes in American history.” This tweet proved too much for the snowflakes at Twitter who in turn permanently suspended his account for supposedly violating “rules about election integrity.” The actions of then California Secretary of State Alex Padilla, his agents, and Twitter are outrageous. Government cannot censor speech on the basis of viewpoint, but that is exactly what happened here. Documents that are part of a new lawsuit show that the State of California had a “rapid response team” that flagged election tweets for removal by Twitter. “California Democrats have access to a rapid response team at Twitter, which takes down tweets at the request of Democrats,” Cernovich stated. Can you imagine if Republicans had a digital response team that was getting liberals tweets removed. The wall to wall media coverage would be unstoppable from the mainstream media.
https://thedcpatriot.com/lawsuit-filed- ... n-outcome/

As we've learned from Dr. Shiva's lawsuit, ALL STATES have a special reporting tool with access to Twitter's team. It doesn't mean Twitter will comply (in the Dr. Shiva case, the tweet that was reported was NOT taken down). Kabuki theatre to grift the marks. Again.

Of course, there's a case page at https://libertycenter.org/cases/ohandley-v-padilla/ with a huge DONATE button. Getting so sick and tired of this grifting, Harmeet knows damn well that this is going nowhere. Understand people can lose their money however they want, but there really should be some kind of consumer protection, a lot of these marks are innocent and don't understand.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Soooo, they ran out of money* and made up a story about a staffer destroying their "evidence."

I'm shocked blah blah blah...

*or their grift didn't pan out.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Basically that, Slim. Allegedly they had a traitor or mole within who promised them lots of money, deep research they based their case on, and legal help but then turned on them, kept the evidence, and won't return it. So they want three months to subpoena the traitor and get the records. When that happens, they'd like two more months to make a 2nd Amended Complaint. This was all in their fantasy motion with a pony). That's my understanding of what was going on before the dismissal.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

If the Gondor case doesn't result in Paul Davis being sanctioned under FRCP Rule 11, then the rule may as well be considered abrogated by disuse. I see no good reason why a court should allow this farce to continue, except perhaps to make a further record of Davis' abuses for the sanctions hearing.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bob

Post by bob »

So SCOTUS today denied two interstate original-jurisdiction petitions (filed by Massachusetts and Idaho). Same boilerplate denial:
The motions for leave to file the bills of complaint are denied. Justice Thomas and Justice Alito would grant the motions.
Which is not the language used when SCOTUS denied the Texas lawsuit in in December.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:48 pm Soooo, they ran out of money* and made up a story about a staffer destroying their "evidence."

I'm shocked blah blah blah...

*or their grift didn't pan out.
I would not be surprised if there was a "staffer" who played them for a while then took a walk-out powder before the case got too far along. Due diligence and discernment have not been among the current capacities of the right. Right now, their process for developing a legal argument is, you say it, we play it.
101010 :towel:
Luke

Post by Luke »

:boxing: More infighting!

POLITICS 07/13/2021 04:49 am ET Updated 1 day ago
Ex-Trump Lawyer Rage-Quits GOP On Air Because It Doesn’t Back Donald Trump Enough
The irony of Jenna Ellis standing “alone for the truth” was not lost on Twitter users.
By Lee Moran

Jenna Ellis said she’s done with the GOP because its members aren’t backing ex-President Donald Trump enough. Trump’s former senior legal adviser announced she was leaving the Republican Party during a lengthy monologue on her Real America’s Voice show “Just The Truth” on Monday.

“The truth matters,” began Ellis, who as a member of the Trump legal team pushed the former president’s lies in trying to overturn the 2020 election. Ellis, who once described Trump as an “idiot,” said Republicans had back-stabbed Trump. She also accused the Republican National Committee of “not championing the issues” that make America great.

“All of them, including Ronna McDaniel, should resign now,” declared Ellis, referring to the RNC chair. “Until they do, as of today, I am resigning from the party,” she continued. “I am changing my voter registration and I am no longer a Republican until the party decides that it wants to be conservative again.”

“Even if I stand alone for the truth, I will stand for the truth,” she added.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jenna-el ... 140eb8e811

Trumpers are suspicious of Jenna and for good reason.

Top Trump Aide Jenna Ellis Once Called the President an ‘Idiot,’ ‘Disgusting,’ ‘Not American’: CNN
‘BOORISH AND ARROGANT’
Arya Hodjat Former Breaking News Intern Published Nov. 18, 2020 6:00PM ET

Jenna Ellis, a top legal adviser and surrogate for President Trump, once considered her boss to be an “unethical, corrupt, lying, criminal, dirtbag,” among other things, according to a CNN review of her old Facebook posts and radio appearances. Ellis, who is currently part of Trump’s legal team looking to overturn the election results through a series of slapdash lawsuits, told CNN in a statement that her “mind was changed based on fact and personal knowledge.” In another Facebook post, she linked to a Federalist article titled “5 Reasons Every American Should Oppose Donald Trump,” one of which was that Trump was an “American fascist.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-trump ... t-american

Jenna is trying to get rid of Ronna ROMNEY McDaniel, whom DL2XIT just endorsed again in November. We need to stick up for Ronna!

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh god, how will Trump be reinstated now, without Jenna's help? :violin: :crying:

She was so effective, so powerful, so ... what did she ever actually do, I fergets. :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I bet she was a lot of fun in high school. :?
Did she start a shadow student government when she lost the student body election? Take her pompoms and go home if the other cheerleaders were mean to her? Start an alternate branch of physics when the science teacher graded her test ALL WRONG?

I used to be afraid that the kookpublicans would end up believing all the bullshit they heard on Fox and the internets. Then they did. And they convinced others. Now they’ve taken over the Republican Party and they’re all kookpublicans

Now I’m afraid reality itself will disappear under the weight of the critical mass of morons in our country.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Jesus crap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Mike Dunford
@questauthority
OK - so the hearing is over.

That didn't go as badly for the lawyers on the hook as Monday's hearing went for the Kraken Klowns.
But it didn't exactly go WELL for them either.

The only question here, as in Michigan, seems to be in the "how bad" and "what will the order say" areas, not in the "will there be sanctions" one.

I will *BRIEFLY* discuss the hearing at the start of tonight's stream, but I doubt I'll have much to add to the thread.

Prepared judge who was clearly displeased with the three-ring clown college the plaintiffs unleashed in his courtroom. Plaintiff's lawyers, on the other hand, were utter clowns who don't understand either the law or their basic duties.

Really, that's all I've got on this one.

Return to “Biden Administration”