RFK Jr. 2024- Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

p0rtia

2024: RFK Jr - Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

Post by p0rtia »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:05 am :snippity:
One of Kennedy's filthy perversions is his claim that modern vaccines have not been tested in clinical trials against inactive placebos. Pedantically this might be correct, and I have often heard professionals who should be more precise talking about the control arm of a clinical trial as "placebo" :fingerwag: But a clinical trial does not ask "is this new treatment better than doing no treatment?"; rather, it asks "is this new treatment better than our current standard of care?"
:snippity:
Thank you for bringing this up, an really thank you for the more detailed explanation (respectfully snipped).

This. Drives. Me. Mad. I know enough to know that the "has never been tested against X" talking point is crap that has nothing to do with how vaccines are developed, but hearing more detail is wonderful.

I only wish the media, who are, granted, overwhelmed by the gish gallop, would push back when this type of argument is made by these heartless grifters. Variations of this crap were big in the early COVID vaxx days. Friends would worriedly say to me, "But it hasn't been tested against a PLACEBO!!!" JHK. More recently I've had friends who are vaxxed say to me, "I don't want to get the booster because they haven't tested it." If the answers to simple concerns were not being overwhelmed by the garbage that the neo-fascists are putting out as fast as they can, people would have more confidence. And fucking DIE less frequently.

:oldlady:
Sam the Centipede

2024: RFK Jr - Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Thanks for the thanks. Facts won't derail people like RFK: antivaxers and fake medicine people simply continue with the same lies next time. That's one of the reasons why they don't lose arguments – they're not playing by our fact-based rules. But details can help if one talks with a person who wavers towards these quacks ' superficially plausible attack lines.

The fezolinetant drug for menopausal hot flushes is in the news now, e.g The Guardian ‘Gamechanging’ drug to prevent hot flushes wins approval in UK. That shows one unwanted consequence of clinical trials: the possible power of placebos. That article says the drug
…reduced the frequency of hot flushes by about 60% in women with moderate or severe symptoms, …
. Excellent! But the article continues
….compared with a 45% reduction in those who received a placebo.
Oh dear. Sounds like the placebo is usefully effective and better value as it (presumably) is just a sugar pill!

It's obviously ethical to use placebos in clinical trials where the patients have given well-informed consent. It is not ethical to give non-trials patients a placebo and tell them that it's the real thing. But it might be ethical to giva a sufferer a possible placebo (the dispensing doctor would have to be blinded as to whether it was the drug or not) telling them "we'll put you on these pills for (say) 4 weeks, it might be the active drug, it might not. Íf you have no relief after 4 weeks, we'll switch you to the real drug regardless."

That could halve the drug costs and remove the risk of interactions or complications for patients who were on placebo.

I read somewhere that good results have been obtained in other chronic conditions for patients who were prescribed a placebo with their full knowledge and consent, explicitly "I can prescribe this pill, but it has no active ingredient, it can't affect your body at all, would you like that?" I don't know any of the details.

That differs from classical homeopathy in that proper doctors inform the patients that it's an inactive placebo (no deception, no suggestion) whereas homeopathic quacks assert that their so-called remedies have an organic effect.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

More thanks! :thumbsup:

There's a lengthy article out there somewhere ripping apart RFK Jr's claim that the COVID vaccines don't work--saying that death rates are the same for vaxxed and unvaxxed people, or that the vaccine killed more people.

Yeah, no. But he says it with the mumbo jumbo words and ridiculously cherry-picked examples, such as "Look at the month after the vaccine was introduced! Death rates went up!" But don't look at every other month possible to look at since, Bobby; y'know, when the vaccine became widespread and the numbers caught up.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Win a day of whale watching with RFK Jr & Cheryl Hines in Hawaii.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

And Cheryl Hines is who? Sorry, not going to Google.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:59 pm And Cheryl Hines is who? Sorry, not going to Google.
She's his wife. Everyone bar me can get one.
Cheryl Ruth Hines is an American actress and comedian who portrayed Larry David's wife Cheryl on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm, for which she has been nominated for two Emmy Awards
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

She’s actually quite good. No idea why she is with RFK Jr.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RFK Jr. won’t attend birthday party fundraiser after celebrity blowback

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. won’t attend a birthday party fundraiser, his campaign said, after multiple celebrities who had been announced as attendees denied that they ever planned to attend.

The event is hosted by the super PAC American Values 2024, which backs Kennedy’s presidential campaign.

The Jan. 22 fundraiser was set to take place in Indian Wells, Calif. Announced guests included Andrea Bocelli, Martin Sheen, Dionne Warwick and Mike Tyson, though more than one of them has since publicly dismissed the idea.

Kennedy’s campaign, which switched from from Democratic to independent in October, confirmed via email that the long-shot candidate, who has faced fierce criticism for his anti-vaccine views, would not be attending the event.

The super PAC linked its post online to a report by The Daily Mail that stated the celebrities would be there to wish the candidate well.

Sheen, who famously played a fictional president in “The West Wing,” asked his co-stars to spread the word that he would not be in attendance.

“There’s a story going around saying that Martin Sheen is supporting @RobertKennedyKr for President,” co-star Bradley Whitford posted on X, formerly Twitter. “The story is incorrect. Martin asked us to post this on his behalf.”

“’I wholeheartedly support President Joe Biden and the democratic ticket in 2024. Sincerely, Martin Sheen,’” the post said.

Warwick said she did not agree to attend the fundraiser either and will not be performing at the event, despite the super PAC posting online that she would be.

“I don’t know anything about this event. I did not agree to it and I certainly won’t be there,” she wrote on X.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Someone ask him about this.
IMG_4062.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg (460.71 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:51 am Someone ask him about this.
I'll give explaining it away a go, channeling my inner idiot:
The child caught the disease from the vaccine?
It's nothing, measles is almost always harmless?
The kids recovered, which kids who died from our were damaged by the vaccine didn't?
The fact that there was an outbreak shows that vaccination is pointless?

Asking Kennedy or any other antivaxer risks a category confusion: they're where they are because of ideology, not because of reason.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

RFK Jr's name was on the list of names recently released in the Epstein case:
https://www.the-independent.com/news/wo ... 74620.html
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Although Trump denies it, RFK Jr says Team Trump did reach out to him to see if he would be Trump’s running mate, and he turned it down.
Lani

Post by Lani »

RFK Jr. & wife were in Hawaii a few days ago. He had a lot of "scary" things like vaccines. I guess he was very scared and heartbroken as a child, and it continues. He talked about "scary" things - like vaccines - and he is looking to run for president as a Libertarian.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RFK Jr. apologizes after super PAC’s Super Bowl commercial

Lauren Sforza
Mon, February 12, 2024 at 2:06 PM GMT+1·2 min read

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. apologized to his family members after a super PAC backing his independent bid for the White House aired a commercial during the Super Bowl on Sunday night.

“I’m so sorry if the Super Bowl advertisement caused anyone in my family pain. The ad was created and aired by the American Values Super PAC without any involvement or approval from my campaign. FEC rules prohibit Super PACs from consulting with me or my staff. I love you all. God bless you,” Kennedy wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

American Values 2024 ran a 30-second ad during the Super Bowl that heavily relied on imagery from former President John F. Kennedy’s 1960 presidential campaign. PAC co-chair Tony Lyons confirmed to The Hill that the ad, which appeared just before the halftime show, cost $7 million.

Despite Kennedy’s apology and his claim that his campaign was not involved, the ad remained pinned to the top of his X profile as of Monday morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rfk-jr-apolo ... 29797.html
(original: The Hill)
raison de arizona

Yeah, he hates it so much he pinned his tweet showing the ad to the top of his Twitter.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I thought the greater Kennedy clan has no use for him. I don't see why he'd need to apologize to immediate family. They know what he is.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:18 pm I thought the greater Kennedy clan has no use for him. I don't see why he'd need to apologize to immediate family. They know what he is.
To get his name in the news again/more.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

as I said earlier today on another thread, I think chances are good the apology was baked in.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Where the fuck did he get the Rubles to pay a $10 Million dollar vanity advert for the Souperb Owl?

(there night be a subtle clue in what I said for where I think it came from)
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 pm Where the fuck did he get the Rubles to pay a $10 Million dollar vanity advert for the Souperb Owl?

(there night be a subtle clue in what I said for where I think it came from)
$15M from Timothy Mellon, a Republican who has also given $10M to a super PAC backing tfg. In case there is any question about the ratf#$king they are trying to do.
Lani

Post by Lani »

He was in Hawaii recently.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

oops

Post by Lani »

I couldn't remove what I wrote, so I wrote this. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

That’s General Mike Flynn and Roger Stone, I dunno who the lady is?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

found on https://www.reddit.com/r/Political_Revo ... ?rdt=57523

as "RFK Jr. Here with Domestic Terrorists, Russian Operatives, and Convicted Criminals Mike Flynn and Roger Stone."
raison de arizona

The grift.
'Staff Exodus' Hits Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Campaign — And That's Not All, Report Says

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s presidential campaign has been hit with numerous resignations amid concerns over “lavish spending” and “self-serving” leadership, Mediaite reported on Tuesday.

Citing multiple unnamed sources, the news outlet wrote that Kennedy24 lost 12 of its 25 field staff members, along with two main staff members, after they quit in January.

One source close to the independent campaign partly blamed campaign manager Amaryllis Fox Kennedy for the disarray. Fox Kennedy, RFK Jr.’s daughter-in-law and an ex-CIA officer, was accused of hiring her “inexperienced” nanny to be chief of staff.

Five-figure monthly payouts to companies allegedly tied to officials in the campaign have also become an issue, according to Mediaite.

“When the reports came out and everyone saw the obscene amount of money some people are making, while they are often paying for their own promotional materials out of pocket and can’t get their gas stipend covered, many people started thinking those people are scamming and skimming to line their pockets,” a campaign worker told the news website. “This is out of alignment with the message of the candidate.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/staff-exodus ... 00924.html

Return to “US President”