Biden Harris 2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris

Suranis

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect - Robert Hur Special Counsel

Post by Suranis »

I'm sure the Memory issue will be brought up in press conferences with Tru... HA HA HA ha ha! Sorry couldn't say that with a straight face.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect - Robert Hur Special Counsel

Post by raison de arizona »

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Reporter: Robert Hur is a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee. His audience here is Republicans who are going to criticize him for not charging Biden, so he includes some personal shots
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/mccabe- ... rts-2024-2
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe on Friday said the special counsel report on President Joe Biden's handling of classified documents has "nauseating similarities" to the conclusion of the 2016 probe into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state.

Special Counsel Robert Hur declined to file charges against Biden for retaining classified documents from his time as Barack Obama's vice president. But the report renewed debate over the 81-year-old Biden's fitness for office due to what Hur called the president's "hazy" memory — which has created a political firestorm as the commander in chief revs up his reelection bid ahead of an expected November rematch against former President Donald Trump.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

From the campaign (via Jill Biden):
Joe is 81, that’s true, but he’s 81 doing more in an hour than most people do in a day. Joe has wisdom, empathy, and vision. He has delivered on so many of his promises as President precisely because he’s learned a lot in those 81 years. His age, with his experience and expertise, is an incredible asset and he proves it every day.

Look at all he’s accomplished: He brought our country back from COVID. He brought our economy back from the brink. He created 14 million jobs. Gas prices are down. Inflation is down. Energy costs are down. He got bipartisan legislation passed -- even in the midst of this hyper-partisan environment. The media may not give him credit, but I’m thankful you realize all he’s done for this country.

Joe is the most resilient person I’ve ever known. When he gets knocked down, he gets back up and gets back to work. That’s what he’s doing.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

The campaign now has a TikTok account. Here is the first post...

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tiktok.com/embed/7334529963066019114" on this server.
Reference #18.17ecde17.1707734777.32121a9e
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:46 am Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tiktok.com/embed/7334529963066019114" on this server.
Link works fine here. :shrug:
much ado

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:46 am Access Denied

This is a link to the Biden-Harris campaign TikTok account, not to that video itself. See if this brings up the account, with one video, for you...

https://www.tiktok.com/@bidenhq

It's got 3.6 million views at the moment.

I wonder whether Trump will copycat, or at least make an attempt.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Third time was the charm.
raison de arizona

If you're looking for those endorsements, you'll need to look at the other guy.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Biden campaign bringing the pain. That stupid f#$k can't even remember who was president three years ago.
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Trump says America’s economy was “incredible” three years ago, seemingly forgetting that Joe Biden was president three years ago
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess he has a hard time recalling that a new year 2024 just began :cantlook:

It's a cognitive test how many days into a new year one needs to adapt :lol:
raison de arizona

"...the United States will defend every inch of NATO territory."
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Biden: All of us should reject the dangerous statements made by the previous president that invited Russia to invade our nato allies. I should clear my mind and not say what I'm really thinking. From Truman on, they are rolling over in their graves hearing this.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was thinking about Rod Rosenstein today, which led me to this.

emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
Feb 8
I don't always agree with
@AWeissmann_
but do here.

I also will repeat, again, that we've got a Rod Rosenstein mafia -- Rosenstein, Hur, Shapley, Wise, and Hines -- who've been given open season on Biden and his son.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Andy McCabe, on his weekly podcast with Allison Gill, made much the same point. McCabe is an amazingly engaging fellow, who has an unusual ability to maintain a balanced view of his colleagues while still pointing out when they veer into insanity. They played a snip from an episode they recorded a year ago, with McCabe politely stating that he thought Hur was a poor choice, because he was the Trumpiest of Trumpies at DOJ. He also gave us the anecdote that Hur had been on the forefront of making sure he got fired the day before his retirement.

Both emptywheel and Allison Gill (muellershewrote) are staunch Garland defenders, but their loyalty has taken a hit this week.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll-am ... =107126589
Overwhelming majority of Americans think Biden is too old for another term: POLL
A majority also think tfg is too old for a second term.
ByMeredith Deliso
February 11, 2024, 8:00 AM

According to the poll, conducted using Ipsos' Knowledge Panel, 86% of Americans think Biden, 81, is too old to serve another term as president. That figure includes 59% of Americans who think both he and tfg, the Republican front-runner, are too old and 27% who think only Biden is too old.

Sixty-two percent of Americans think tfg, who is 77, is too old to serve as president. There is a large difference in how partisans view their respective nominees -- 73% of Democrats think Biden is too old to serve but only 35% of Republicans think tfg is too old to serve. Ninety-one percent of independents think Biden is too old to serve, and 71% say the same about tfg.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lincoln Project needs to knock their videos down to network tv commercial length.
Otherwise, the typically non-politically engaged public will not see them. I'd contribute. Somebody has to counter the damn MSM who are determined to equate trump's authoritarianism/fascism/racism to Biden misspeaking.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:04 pm https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll-am ... =107126589
Overwhelming majority of Americans think Biden is too old for another term: POLL
A majority also think tfg is too old for a second term.
The Democrats need urgently build up someone in the sidelines, Republicans already have Nikki Haley on the start line.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd like to think it would go to Veep, but that's just me. I don't understand why people don't like her. Well, I don't understand any reasonable explanation for why people don't like her but I have my suspicions.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She Harris seems perfectly fine to me, but I'm not living in a subtly Kamala bashing Media zone.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:32 pm Lincoln Project needs to knock their videos down to network tv commercial length.
I think their objective is to get into tfg’s head, not sway the public. Sometimes they have tv commercial length ads on Fox to really fuck him up.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will be flipping out

Every new president selects personalized Oval Office decor to suit his tastes and pay homage to admired predecessors. President Biden’s Oval Office boasts both a portrait and a bust of Abraham Lincoln. But his family’s connection to the 16th president extends far beyond workplace ornamentation.

It dates to a late-night brawl during the Civil War.

On the evening of March 21, 1864, the quiet of a small corner of the Army of the Potomac’s sprawling winter camp along the Rappahannock River near Beverly Ford, Va., was disturbed when a fight broke out in one of the mess tents between Union Army civilian employees Moses J. Robinette and John J. Alexander.

The scuffle left Alexander bleeding from knife wounds, and Robinette was charged with attempted murder and incarcerated on a remote island near Florida. The fight would also cause an unexpected intersection in the histories of two American presidents, Lincoln and Biden — a story that has waited 160 years to be told
. The rest of the story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... dents-day/
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dahlia Lithwick weighs in (love her to bits).

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... tter_share
The Real Way to Think About Biden’s Age This Run
We’re in a Biden-Trump rematch. And the media is focusing on this?
By Dahlia Lithwick Feb 14, 20241:24 PM

Because last week’s natterings unerringly become this week’s news, we are now trapped in a mind-numbing collective freakout about special counsel Robert Hur’s purposefully deceptive and broadly misunderstood takedown of President Joe Biden’s possible criminal conduct, a “report” replete with wholly gratuitous potshots about his mental acuity.

:snippity:

Governance is not an action film. There is no minute-to-minute psychodrama involving someone in a tight black T-shirt mincing along the outdoor ledge of a skyscraper, ninja-kicking his lonely way down to the stairwell, where he karate-chops the well-armed baddies and then commando crawls his way into an empty vault with the glass chest where the nuclear reactor sits. No. Despite our fascination with the Great Man theory of American lawmaking, the presidency is an office that largely turns on superb staffing, visionary planning, deft political negotiation, and artful execution. Joe Biden doesn’t actually have to remember every single detail himself—he has to use his judgment to employ and empower a large contingent of skilled experts to execute upon their agreed-upon vision.

If you are unconvinced, the best evidence that we keep falling for Great Man fantasy propaganda is the unmitigated failure of the first Donald Trump presidency. Here we had a self-described loner literally trumpeting his I-alone-can-fix-it worldview, all embodied in Great Man megalomania. He managed to accomplish virtually nothing: Almost none of his promises for single-handed economic revitalization, world domination, or intrepid urban crime-solving panned out. His great dreams were either strangled in infancy by staffers or halted by courts.

Put another way, if you or anyone you know finds themselves reacting to the Biden Is Old revelations with the thought that, sure, Donald Trump is a 91-indictments-richer, adjudicated sexual abuser, defamer, liar, violator of national security, self-enriching, fascist-boosting insurrectionist, but it’s OK because he will surround himself with people who might check those impulses—well, doesn’t it rather intuitively make more sense to instead vote for the highly effective, internationally respected, but yes, sometimes forgetty guy who is surrounded by people with day planners?
raison de arizona

Want to bring back manufacturing? The choice is clear.
Michael Thomas @curious_founder wrote: Trump talked a lot about bring manufacturing back to America.

But under Biden, manufacturing investment has grown faster than any time in recent history. And it's not even close.

During Trump's presidency, manufacturing spending grew by 5%. Under Biden it has grown by 279%.

Return to “US President”