Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect - Robert Hur Special Counsel

Lani

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Davi Harris Re-Elect

Post by Lani »

Biden's address to the WH Correspondent's Dinner was excellent. Funny, smart, and a bit of cursing. If you think he's too old, his speech will surprise you. I'm searching for a video so I can hear it again.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks for sharing that! He was terrific. We've had a ton of leaders in their 80s, their wisdom and perspective means a lot. Loved the Dark Brandon ending. Go Joe.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:07 pm Added Vice President Harris to the topic title -- further to messages above:
Yeah but now you have to change the title again to get the spelling right.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Lani wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:36 am Here's Biden's mention of MTG:

"https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/16 ... ag=12">MP4
He had several good jokes. The Dark Brandon at the end was great. 8-) Roy Wood Jr. on the other hand .... C+ at best. :( His jokes about Fox News and Dominion weren't bad. He had as many DeSantis jokes as Trump jokes. I am not sure if there is a message in there.
p0rtia

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect

Post by p0rtia »

I'll take the counterpoint -- I thought Roy Wood was great. Fun, fast comedy patter that ranged for dad jokes to the NFT crack, woven together with his opening line ("I'm happy to be here"), which changed meaning each time he said it. Vocally and visually interesting and appealing. And the encomium to him Mom at the end was just lovely.

#newfan
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's a funny story. Crystal Ball is still one of my favorite names. New Hampshire is not reflective at all of the US population. While every voter is important, the issue for several cycles has been that the huge spotlight on NH required candidates to tack to non-majority Democratic positions.
Just over 10% (10.4%) of the population in New Hampshire is Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC), according to the US Census data collected from 2016-2020, and 89.6% of the population is White. Jan 30, 2023

Just under 5% (4.7%) of the population is Hispanic, according to the 2016-2020 estimates, and 95.3% of the population is not Hispanic. The percentage of people who are Hispanic increased almost 2% in the past 10 years.
In February, the DNC voted to move South Carolina into the first slot on Feb. 3, followed three days later by New Hampshire, which has long held the first primary, and Nevada. (Iowa, which holds its caucuses before New Hampshire holds its primary, also would move back.)

There is tons of time for continuing discussion and NH may move forward anyway regardless of the punishment. Crystal, lacking any real news on the D side, is fishing for something, anything to keep attention.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

All the RWNJs have been crowing about RFK Jr. taking NH and Iowa.
Biden could lose first two ’24 contests to RFK Jr.

President Biden is almost certain to be Democrats' pick for president in 2024, but he might not win the first two contests of the primary season if they're in the traditional first-to-vote states of Iowa and New Hampshire — a scenario that seems increasingly likely.

Driving the news: Biden's team is indicating he won't be on the ballots in those states if they vote before South Carolina, his choice to have the first primary.

Why it matters: Democrats in Iowa and New Hampshire could defy Biden and move ahead with their contests — even as the party warns it will strip them of their national convention delegates if they jump the gun.

That sets up a scenario in which Robert F. Kennedy Jr. or another long-shot Democrat could win those states — and embarrass the president.
:snippity:
https://www.axios.com/2023/06/15/iowa-n ... s-election
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:25 pm :snippity:
Look who's now up to over 13K posts :groupdance:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't see that as an embarrassment. He knows he could very well lose those states and still chose not to pander to all this first-in-the-country BS.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Post by Lani »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:20 pm I don't see that as an embarrassment. He knows he could very well lose those states and still chose not to pander to all this first-in-the-country BS.
Yep. "That sets up a scenario in which Robert F. Kennedy Jr. or another long-shot Democrat could win those states" — and embarrass president Kennedy Jr.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Biden lost the first few Primaries in 2020 and then stomped everyone. He actually does know what he is doing.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:44 am Biden lost the first few Primaries in 2020 and then stomped everyone. He actually does know what he is doing.
And that was during a contested primary.

Kennedy isn't a serious candidate; Biden easily will win the nomination even if Biden ignores New Hampshire and Iowa. It isn't as if Biden is going to be on campaign trail.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:04 pm
Suranis wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:44 am Biden lost the first few Primaries in 2020 and then stomped everyone. He actually does know what he is doing.
And that was during a contested primary.

Kennedy isn't a serious candidate; Biden easily will win the nomination even if Biden ignores New Hampshire and Iowa. It isn't as if Biden is going to be on campaign trail.
Going to be hiding in the basement again? Afraid to face the fact he doesn't attract BILLIONS like the Indicated One? :twisted:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Xposting

Pulling.jpg
Pulling.jpg (75.41 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup: twice
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

New ad just dropped, love them using R's words against them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m not seeing as many Let’s Go Brandon flags and bumper stickers as I used to. Guess Dark Brandon is kicking their ass.

I do still see quite a few FU Biden bumper stickers.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Harder to remove bumper stickers. :biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just love how Biden keeps taking his opponents words and turning them into campaign ads. I think this is the 3rd or 4th one I've seen like that.
raison de arizona

:cry:
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: President Biden: “[Trump] called service members ‘suckers’ and ‘losers.’ Was John a sucker? Was my son Beau, who lived next to a burn pit for a year, came home and died, was he a sucker for volunteering to serve his country?”
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:44 pm Harder to remove bumper stickers. :biggrin:
Not with a flame thrower.... :flame:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “US President”