Biden Harris 2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris

much ado

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm Also, they self-reported the discovery and cooperated quickly and fully, IIRC.
So, they will not find criminal intent. Biden will be off the hook.

And the Right will scream mightily.
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:49 pm Ya, it was less than 10 days before the election, or something like that. Basically Her team said they didn't have time to reverse the drop in popularity that Comer's stunt caused.
A quick review indicates the finger actually was wagged in July. But on October 28, Comey sent his supplemental letter to Congress. The election was November 8.
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Yeah, the finger wagged several times that election cycle (you can see each wag of the finger in the polling data), but I think we were talking specifically about the last minute Comey letter (which my faulty memory had pegged as being made public a few days later, in very early November).
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Comey, Comer, I forget which is which.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The constant old man with a bad memory meme is useful for political opponents.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

And so it begins...
https://x.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/17556 ... 63514?s=20
House Judiciary GOP @JudiciaryGOP wrote: 🚨 JUST IN: Special Counsel Robert Hur recommends no criminal charges against President Biden in classified documents case.

Despite the fact that Hur acknowledges Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen.

DOUBLE STANDARD.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:25 pm Comey, Comer, I forget which is which.
So do I. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hur is a Republican appointee, BTW.
raison de arizona

Elise Stefanik @EliseStefanik wrote: Democrats and their stenographers in the mainstream media may try to look the other way and brush this under the rug, but it is so glaringly obvious to the American people.

This is truly a sad state for America with a President who is clearly unfit for office.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tx. NB Obviously the document gods are trying to kill me.....
raison de arizona

Chris D. Jackson @ChrisDJackson wrote: Biden Attorney Bob Bauer is exactly right here 👇. The comments in this report are TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE.

I'll say this: it speaks volumes about President Biden’s innocence that even a highly partisan operative like Hur couldn’t find any wrongdoing. 🤷
raison de arizona

Statement from President Joe Biden

The Special Counsel released today its findings about its look into my handling of classified documents. I was pleased to see they reached the conclusion I believed all along they would reach – that there would be no charges brought in this case and the matter is now closed.

This was an exhaustive investigation going back more than 40 years, even into the 1970s when I was a young Senator. I cooperated completely, threw up no roadblocks, and sought no delays. In fact, I was so determined to give the Special Counsel what they needed that I went forward with five hours of in-person interviews over two days on October 8th and 9th of last year, even though Israel had just been attacked on October 7th and I was in the middle of handling an international crisis. I just believed that’s what I owed the American people so they could know no charges would be brought and the matter closed.

Over my career in public service, I have always worked to protect America’s security. I take these issues seriously and no one has ever questioned that.

###
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... e-biden-5/
much ado

Post by much ado »

much ado wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:58 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm Also, they self-reported the discovery and cooperated quickly and fully, IIRC.
So, they will not find criminal intent. Biden will be off the hook.

And the Right will scream mightily.
I think I predicted this... 8-)
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:06 pm https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/statu ... 14883?s=20
Chris D. Jackson @ChrisDJackson wrote: Biden Attorney Bob Bauer is exactly right here 👇. The comments in this report are TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE.

I'll say this: it speaks volumes about President Biden’s innocence that even a highly partisan operative like Hur couldn’t find any wrongdoing. 🤷
First two pages of the letter:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Biden: As many of you know, this was an exhaustive investigation. Going back literally more than 40 years. I went forward with a five hour in-person interview on October 8 and 9 last year. I was in the middle of handling an international crisis.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:03 pm https://twitter.com/EliseStefanik/statu ... 09582?s=20
Elise Stefanik @EliseStefanik wrote: Democrats and their stenographers in the mainstream media may try to look the other way and brush this under the rug, but it is so glaringly obvious to the American people.

This is truly a sad state for America with a President who is clearly unfit for office.
Yes Elise, because not being able to remember a date is worth 15 years hard time. Even if two of those were NOT clearly jokes.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Mr Hur waiting until an opportune time to do the same to Biden as was done to Hillary Clinton was EXACTLY what I expected all along. Exonerate him while at the same time using the opportunity to smear him as unfit for office, somehow not criminal but also criminal. Damn these freaking people.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

BREAKING: Biden is going to deliver remarks at 7:45pm Eastern. Unclear what it's about.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Luke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:34 pm BREAKING: Biden is going to deliver remarks at 7:45pm Eastern. Unclear what it's about.
raison de arizona

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect - Robert Hur Special Counsel

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Doocy: The special counsel said you were a well meaning elderly man

Biden: I’m well meaning and I’m an elderly man and I know what the hell I’m doing. I put this country back on its feet. I don’t need his recommendation
AndyinPA
Verified:

2024 Campaign: Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. & Kamala Devi Harris Re-Elect - Robert Hur Special Counsel

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We've had a hell of a lot of great days, at last MAGA had a good day. But they're as angry and grievance-filled as ever. Nothing that will make them happy.

Why Democrats keep bringing on Republican Special Counsels is a mystery. Republicans won't care and blame everything anyway, and Democrats get fuc*ed every time. Hur's report was so out of bounds. What did when his son passed away have to do with anything? To use nearly 400 pages to say NO CHARGES is as hack as the sh*t Bill Barr pulled. This too shall pass, if there's one thing we've learned it's that Americans are getting goldfish memories and tomorrow's Outrage du Jour will fill them up again.

On 25th Amendment wailing, Mike LaChance at the Gateway House of Boys commits a gaffe (honesty): "You know what they say about payback." https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... -its-time/

President Biden needs to keep going on the road and showing voters his command of the issues. An administration is far more than the president, but if Biden doesn't hand the reins to Kamala, he needs to keep showing up and fighting. I don't care, I'll never vote for the impeached disgraced loser, but showing strength is best. And the administration's accomplishments are amazing, what a difference from 2023 to now. :boxing:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Luke wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:04 am What did when his son passed away have to do with anything?
President Biden needs to keep going on the road and showing voters his command of the issues. An administration is far more than the president, but if Biden doesn't hand the reins to Kamala, he needs to keep showing up and fighting.
I didn't read the report but saw that snippet and wondered why that was even a topic-I thought it was about documents.

I don't know why he'd hand the reins over. He's been an exceptional president in that he inherited the worst and most dangerous administration ever, put competent and driven people in most posts, and with them in place turned around the disaster and then some. Every now and then I'll read Pete Buttigieg's or another feed and realize how much is getting done that benefits the country and the people. And this is with even this pathetic 118th.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He snuck in the memory issue via the equally specious reasoning that a jury, were the case to be taken to trial, would see an well-meaning, elderly man with memory problems. Which is also out of bounds, because the only important issue was that there was no evidence to take to trial.

Piece of shit.

Return to “US President”