Tupperware

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Tupperware

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:30 am I sold Cutco knives for a month.

I still have my demo set 30+ years later and I still love them. I think I may pick up one or two more pieces (including the shears I lost in a move). They are expensive as these things go, but they last, unless you lose them in a move.

Whoa. :shock:

You sold me. :biggrin:
I did not have the gift.
Oh.

Well then, never mind. We have knives. Bob Dylan said:
A lot of people don't have much food on their table
But they got a lot of forks and knives
And they gotta cut somethin'
Back to Northland10 wrote:I wonder if Neonzx was had a bad experience with Tupperware as a child.
:think:

We haven't seen any evidence to the contrary, have we? :cantlook:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Tupperware

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:30 am I sold Cutco knives for a month. I decided at that time that I really hated direct sales and am not well motivated by "see how rich I got." I did not have the gift.

I still have my demo set 30+ years later and I still love them. I think I may pick up one or two more pieces (including the shears I lost in a move). They are expensive as these things go, but they last, unless you lose them in a move.

I wonder if Neonzx was had a bad experience with Tupperware as a child.
No one likes this analogy, but I consider sales people the modern business equivalent of hunter gatherers. Sometimes you have to cover a lot of ground before you find something. Sometimes you have to chase it down. Sometimes you have to eat something you don't like. Sometimes you get up at dawn and go to bed hungry at dusk. Sometimes you feast for days. But you never get to stop. As soon as you find something, you have to find the next thing, and the next thing.

It's hard work.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Tupperware

Post by Phoenix520 »

N10, a Cutco salesman came to our house once. With this product he didn’t need much salesmanship. You can tell from the gitgo they’re fine knives - we could only afford 2 but I still use them every day, 30 years later. I’ve since bought the ones I couldn’t afford.

Shears, you say? Hmmm.
realist

Tupperware

Post by realist »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:18 am You guys ever figure out how to wash them after having spaghetti sauce in them?
https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/how ... upperware/

OR, you can hand wash and dry and set on a windowsill or anywhere where the sun hit it for 3-4 hours and it will "bleach" the stain.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Tupperware

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

Oh man, if only I had a stained Tupperware I'd try that today!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Tupperware

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:37 am N10, a Cutco salesman came to our house once. With this product he didn’t need much salesmanship. You can tell from the gitgo they’re fine knives - we could only afford 2 but I still use them every day, 30 years later. I’ve since bought the ones I couldn’t afford.

Shears, you say? Hmmm.
We have a set of Cutco steak knives my husband’s mom bought in the 70’s, plus a whole block of knives we bought from our son’s college roommate. They’ll sharpen them for free (well, sort of… you have to pay shipping). But we don’t need to sharpen them (and we don’t know which steak knives were the ones his mom had or the ones we bought circa 2002).

Our set came with shears, plus a free gift - there was a lot to choose from, but I picked a second set of shears.

The shears are *awesome* - strong af.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Tupperware

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:30 am
I wonder if Neonzx was had a bad experience with Tupperware as a child.
No, no, no... I was not traumatized. This house party thing seemed weird to me as a 10-12yo boy. Why, when they could just drive over to K-Mart or Sears and get the same basic stuff for half the price??

And I am not going to invest in your cryptocurrency stuff either. :mrgreen:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Tupperware

Post by Phoenix520 »

PS Cutco is at Costco, at least at ours, this month doing demos.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Tupperware

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:37 am Maybe Betsy can buy the company. My mother never had any Tupperware, by my MIL had a ton of it. I had some, but it’s long gone.
We've got a lettuce keeper that we use for open half finished potato chips bags. And a celery keeper that we use to organize the vegie drawer in the fridge, but never use the top (does it still exist?).

As a kid we had tons of TW. Mom loved going to parties, and it was polite to buy something. I hated the 'popsickle' thingies. They never let the stuff freeze properly, or if they did you couldn't get the things out.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Economy”