Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Crazy Trumpers

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Crazy Trumpers

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:30 pm What moron would pay $5.58 for a $2 bill you can get at the bank for......$2? You have to tell them ahead of time you want them but it's just like ordering 1000 $1 bills. And you can specify if you want uncirculated ones.

My grandfather left a bequeath in his will that all the players on the girl's basketball team at the little podunk high school in his town got a $2 bill when they graduated. It lasted until the first graders the year he died had graduated. I never had an issue getting the bills from the bank.
:yeahthat: and cool story!

I used to collect 2 dollar bills until I found out I could just go get them from the bank if I wanted them. Seemed pointless after that. :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:38 pm

I used to collect 2 dollar bills until I found out I could just go get them from the bank if I wanted them. Seemed pointless after that. :shrug:
$2 bills with either radar numbers or star notes are worth a bit more than face value and are fun to collect.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Azastan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:51 pm
$2 bills with either radar numbers or star notes are worth a bit more than face value and are fun to collect.
Ok, I had to look that up. A radar number is a serial number which reads the same backwards as it does forward. A star note is a bill in which the serial number has an asterisk next to it, denoting that the bill is a replacement bill. It was printed to replace a mis-printed bill.

I have a couple dozen $2 bills collected over the years as I came across them. I checked them out now - no radar numbers, no star notes. But it was interesting because one has the serial number and seal printed in red instead of green. That red $2 bill is a Series 1953 C.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:09 pm
Azastan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:51 pm
Ok, I had to look that up. A radar number is a serial number which reads the same backwards as it does forward. A star note is a bill in which the serial number has an asterisk next to it, denoting that the bill is a replacement bill. It was printed to replace a mis-printed bill.

I have a couple dozen $2 bills collected over the years as I came across them. I checked them out now - no radar numbers, no star notes. But it was interesting because one has the serial number and seal printed in red instead of green. That red $2 bill is a Series 1953 C.
Radar notes are fairly common, but star notes are much scarcer, especially on a $2 bill.

Nice find, the red bill!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Reddog wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:49 am The way I read it is that they used a legal tender $2.00 bill. Then pasted a picture over the portrait. It doesn’t specifically state that it’s still legal tender after the alteration. There is a certificate of authenticity, it’s an authentic altered $2.00 bill.
Is that anything like Genuine Ersatz Spanish Fly?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

US currency could be differentiated by the color ink used on the bills.

Green = Good old Federal Reserve Notes

Red = United States Notes

Blue = Silver Certificates (one could turn in a silver certificate and receive the equivalent in silver.)

Yellowish brown = Gold Note (like the Silver Certificate one could redeem a gold note for gold.)

Gold notes were discontinued when we went off the gold standard in the 30s. Silver certificates were discontinued when we no longer minted silver coins (1965).

I think US Notes continued for a spell -- maybe until 1970 or so.

What was interesting was that not every denomination of bill was available in all styles.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:30 pm
What moron would pay $5.58 for a $2 bill you can get at the bank for......$2? You have to tell them ahead of time you want them but it's just like ordering 1000 $1 bills. And you can specify if you want uncirculated ones.

My grandfather left a bequeath in his will that all the players on the girl's basketball team at the little podunk high school in his town got a $2 bill when they graduated. It lasted until the first graders the year he died had graduated. I never had an issue getting the bills from the bank.
In fairness, I paid 18 GBP for a 50p commemorative Pride coin.

More technically, I paid 54GBP for 3 of them. I wanted a few to hand out to friends and loved ones who are LGBTQ.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

That's an awesome coin Ben!

In other news, when is the last time you saw a pro-Biden vehicle decked out like this? Proof Biden lost!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There’s a house near where I live that’s decorated like that.

:sick:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Mental illness is a sad thing.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy:

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

How the hell do these guys have enough sense to make millions? Some of the smartest people I know can barely make ends meet.
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:18 pm How the hell do these guys have enough sense to make millions? Some of the smartest people I know can barely make ends meet.
They have no morals or ethics.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:18 pm How the hell do these guys have enough sense to make millions? Some of the smartest people I know can barely make ends meet.
Right place, right time, lots of luck.

My now nutjob neighbors next door are the hardest working people I have ever known, and they barely get by. If hard work was all you needed to be successful, they'd be billionaires.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:38 pm
:yeahthat: and cool story!

My brother used to work for Morton Thiokol, the rocket people. When bonuses were paid they were paid in $2 bills. The reasoning was that as the bills started to circulate in the community it would remind everyone of the company.

I thought it was a quite clever public relations idea.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

Walter Masterson @waltermasterson wrote: I’m not joking when I tell you that a majority of MAGA’s believe Putin, Xi and Modi are the good guys fighting against the deep state.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:brickwallsmall: and WOW!
raison de arizona

Phoenix. All I can say is at least it was an American truck, I guess. I was behind a Kia the other day covered (not as much as this) in America First crap that just boggled my mind.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:08 pm Phoenix. All I can say is at least it was an American truck, I guess. I was behind a Kia the other day covered (not as much as this) in America First crap that just boggled my mind.
1E9525C3-095A-4361-B693-1DB94487EF05.jpeg
1E9525C3-095A-4361-B693-1DB94487EF05.jpeg (60.19 KiB) Viewed 620 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Can we have some low hanging power lines :?:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:00 pm Can we have some low hanging power lines :?:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Keep them in the dark. Feed them bullshit.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Guy at Trump rally says it “baffles his mind” that Biden hasn’t been impeached for Afghanistan for “not helping our troops who are still over there today.”
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've been told that, if you have to tell people you're smart...you're not.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”