Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:33 pm Late 2019. What was the context?
Correct: this is from 2019, after the defendant mocked her for dropping out of the primary.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Thanks!
bob

Post by bob »

Politico: Trump uses lunch break to again test gag order:
He posted a video of an ally criticizing Michael Cohen and the judge's wife.

Even as prosecutors were seeking a contempt ruling against Donald Trump for violating the gag order in recent days, Trump once again tested the boundaries of the gag during the trial's lunch break.

He posted a video of one of his prominent allies, Laura Loomer, announcing through a bullhorn that “Donald Trump did nothing wrong.” Notably, Loomer used the same moment to criticize Justice Juan Merchan's wife for purportedly working for New York Attorney General Tish James, a Trump political foe. Loomer also criticized prosecutors’ star witness, Michael Cohen, for employing the services of a lawyer with ties to Trump’s political opponents.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I suspect that many of the potential jurors will not want to serve mostly because the trial is forecast to last 6 weeks. That is a long time.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

chancery wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:33 pm Late 2019. What was the context?
Dropping out of the presidential race.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump wrote: Too bad. We will miss you Kamala!
Corey R. Lewandowski @CLewandowski_ wrote: Dec 3, 2019
'One of the hardest decisions of my life': Kamala Harris ends once-promising campaign. Another one bites the dust. Guess it’s not as easy as everyone thought. ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ connected with people that’s why he won 38 Primaries and Caucuses. https://politico.com/news/2019/12/03/ka ... ace-074902
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0438199298
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

birdsite wrote:Politics · Trending

#SleepyDon
Trending with #DonSnoreleone
:lol:

(Because I'm not Rondeau, I'm aware my trends aren't necessarily anyone else's trends.)
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/04/15 ... 595e2e6e66
April 15, 2024, 12:10 p.m. ET46 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
Maggie Haberman

Trump appears to be sleeping. His head keeps dropping down and his mouth goes slack.
Don Snoreleone per tweet.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He looks like a candidate for sleep apnea.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Judge scolds defense team for returning late from break
From pool reports

Before jurors were brought back into the courtroom following a short afternoon break, Judge Juan Merchan gently admonished the defense team for returning late, according to pool reports.

"Counsel, it's important that we keep the breaks to the allotted time, so we can keep moving," Merchan said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump rails against hush money case after first day of trial

Former President Donald Trump railed against the criminal case against him in New York after the first day of jury selection on Monday. He called it a “scam trial” and a “political witch-hunt” in remarks outside the courtroom.

Trump was charged last year with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records for his alleged role in a hush-money scheme before the 2016 election. Trump has pleaded not guilty.

On Monday, Trump complained that he would not be able to attend his son's graduation from high school because of the trial.

The judge said he will not yet rule on Trump's request to skip the trial on May 17 for him to attend his son’s high school graduation. “It really depends on if we are on time and where we are in the trial,” Judge Juan Merchan said.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump's team asked if he could attend SCOTUS next week. The judge said see you "here next week"

Judge Juan Merchan told Donald Trump's team he will see them next week when asked about the possibility of changing the schedule so the former president could attend next Thursday's Supreme Court argument.

Trump's attorney Todd Blanche asked Merchan about next Thursday, noting that Trump "very much" wants to attend.

Prosecutor Josh Steinglass said there's no obligation that the defendant has to be present at the Supreme Court argument, opposing the request.

"Your client is a criminal defendant," Merchan told Blanche. "He's required to be here" and not the Supreme Court.

Merchan said he will see him "here next week."
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Please trump blow it off and judge please hold him in contempt
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

April 15, 2024, 4:46 p.m. ET13 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
Maggie Haberman

Shortly before court adjourned for the day, Trump’s campaign sent out a fundraising email falsely claiming he had just stormed out of court.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Re jury selection and questioning jurors:

I was in a large pool for prospective jurors for the sentencing phase of a trial a few years ago. It was a capital case and we had to fill out a multi-page questionnaire. The next day, they had a few of us they wanted to ask individual questions (as opposed to "raise your hand if you have a conflict" type thing). I was one they wanted to question individually.

I went into the small jury room with: the judge, the court reporter, the defendant, the defendant's lawyer, the DA...and it was pretty crowded. If you had to do that with a few Secret Service folks as well, that would be a squeeze. It was easier to talk in the small room with the small group and all the other potential jurors not around.

Obviously Idk what size their room is, but I can see how clearing the courtroom of all the "other" jury pool people would be easier than moving the parties; there will be a big room in the courthouse where the pool can sit if they question people individually.

In another case I was called for, I had some complicated reasons why I felt I couldn't serve (the first being that it would be a long trial, but that's not a valid reason LOL). It was super stressful explaining things to the judge at his bench, with the defense attorneys, ADAs, reporter all snuggled up around me.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:56 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:43 pm Maybe he was given a couple of Xanax to keep him calm.
he actually looks sleep deprived.
I was hoping that he was having a stroke.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

In addition to some new nicknames (Sleepy Don, Don Snorleone, Rip van Stinkle) there's artwork:
GLPDNSAXwAAwYAy.jpeg
GLPDNSAXwAAwYAy.jpeg (132.09 KiB) Viewed 465 times
GLPJXWFW8AAVUTU.jpeg
GLPJXWFW8AAVUTU.jpeg (198.13 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Image Image Image Image
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Too soon?
doesnt' age well.png
doesnt' age well.png (317.56 KiB) Viewed 439 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Screenshot_20240415_222750_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240415_222750_Chrome.jpg (32.19 KiB) Viewed 391 times
What a pathetic, empty little man. He has to have someone monitoring the news every minute to tell him good things about himself.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:00 pm Screenshot_20240415_222750_Chrome.jpg

What a pathetic, empty little man. He has to have someone monitoring the news every minute to tell him good things about himself.
Tony Schwartz said Trump has subscriptions to a multitude of magazines and newspapers and every morning one of his employees goes through with a highlighter looking for Trump's name. Once every instance of Trump's name is highlighted the newspapers and magazines are brought to Trump who browses through them basking in the sunshine of seeing his name in print, but he doesn't actually read any of the articles. He just needs to see his name, regardless of the context or whether the story is favorable to him. He really is pathetic.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wonder: is this position two seats behind the Waster I mean Master regarded as a desperately sought after perk? If so, getting shoved back to the rabble of the other Aides would have been a personal humiliation for the "favorite."

It reminds me of the "Privy Council" - which was the position of the person whose job it was to clean the Monarch after going to the Toilet. Despite what you might think, it was regarded as a highly sought after position as it gave you unguarded access to the Monarch and a position to give advice and make requests.
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Well past time for news organisations to always put the word “failing” into his name in print

Eg
Donald “Failing” Trump was again in court. ;)
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

FOGBOW CONTEST!

Here's Natalie's X account.

Whoever can bluff good news that Natalie notices and prints out WINS.

https://twitter.com/NatalieJHarp

GO! :lol:

Lawrence O'Donnell is focusing on how almost NOBODY showed up at Centre Street. Babies were sleeping near the courthouse. Not a single rally seemed to happen anywhere across the country.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:38 pm In addition to some new nicknames (Sleepy Don, Don Snorleone, Rip van Stinkle) there's artwork:
GLPDNSAXwAAwYAy.jpeg
GLPJXWFW8AAVUTU.jpeg
I am dead. More, please.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

GLP7YyBXAAAGNDQ.jpeg
GLP7YyBXAAAGNDQ.jpeg (427.16 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”