Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I agree with Slarti the White and much ado. This is the first battering ram against the castle. Since it is a campaign finance violation, you gotta bring it. It's obvious, Trump's signature is on the checks, and it is something a juror might get hot about - using money to chill and kill TRUE stories just so you can win.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Meidas Touch has been a bit hit and his lately, but when they hit, it's terrific.

Here is Karen Friedman Agnifilo, who was Chief Assistant District Attorney of the Manhattan District Attorney's Office when Vance was there giving a run-down of what charges are likely, and what Bragg's options are in terms of felony enhancement.

Starts at 6:50. But the whole video is worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/live/TQyMeYUL1P8?feature=share
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

keith wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:38 pm I think I agree with Humble.

At the end of the day, I dont see the payment to Stormey as any big deal. The defamation thing is important to her, of course, but paying someone for sex isn't much of a crime to go to the wall for.

That she was one of history's all time most expensive hookers doesn't really change the fact that she got paid for sex.

The source of the funds is the only thing that is worth the effort. Does anybody get jail time for misuse of campaign funds? How many other candidates have been prosecuted for paying for a little comfort?
This wasn't Trump paying for sex, it was paying hush money that was an illegal campaign contribution. Getting paid for sex was Stormy Daniels day job, and she has been clear that her sex with Trump was consensual and not for work. Although I think more emphasis should be drawn to her claims that Trump was a boring lay (just because that would hit Trump hard in the ego and get him to act out in response).

In any case, laundering a large sum of money used to prevent a story that might have cost him the 2016 election is a big deal. It might be hard to get a conviction on, but there is clearly sufficient evidence to prosecute and I am very much in agreement with the "battering ram" theory above rather than the "one perfect case". The only way I believe the latter could work is if RICO charges were brought as Trump insulates himself like a mafia don.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Slarti the White wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 pm The only way I believe the latter could work is if RICO charges were brought as Trump insulates himself like a mafia don.
Oh please. :fingerwag:

Just forget about RICO. It's never RICO.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

chancery wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:22 pm
Slarti the White wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 pm The only way I believe the latter could work is if RICO charges were brought as Trump insulates himself like a mafia don.
Oh please. :fingerwag:

Just forget about RICO. It's never RICO.
Get Orly to file the RICO charges. I hear she has a lot of experience and success with that. :liar: :liar:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slarti the White wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 pm
This wasn't Trump paying for sex, it was paying hush money that was an illegal campaign contribution. Getting paid for sex was Stormy Daniels day job, and she has been clear that her sex with Trump was consensual and not for work.
I know that's what she said and that is how it has been framed.

But she had sex with him and because she had sex with him, she got paid a huge amount of money.

A hooker's salary IS ALWAYS 'hush money' - its part of the bargain.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

keith wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:10 am
Slarti the White wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 pm
This wasn't Trump paying for sex, it was paying hush money that was an illegal campaign contribution. Getting paid for sex was Stormy Daniels day job, and she has been clear that her sex with Trump was consensual and not for work.
I know that's what she said and that is how it has been framed.

But she had sex with him and because she had sex with him, she got paid a huge amount of money.

A hooker's salary IS ALWAYS 'hush money' - its part of the bargain.
I think the difference is that the money got paid later. She certainly had motives for sleeping with him (and, as a sex worker, it's not surprising that she would be willing to sleep with a powerful man to attempt to gain advantage), but a huge cash payout wasn't one of them. This was essentially the consensual version of the casting couch -- something Stormy seems unembarrassed by... and a view of Trump that he knew could cost him politically.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Axios

UPDATE: Trump "won't be participating" in Manhattan hush money probe, attorney says

https://trib.al/FCPL7ND
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder if he thinks he can decline after he's indicted. :?:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:33 am I wonder if he thinks he can decline after he's indicted. :?:
Screenshot_20230314_142800_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230314_142800_Chrome.jpg (346.88 KiB) Viewed 877 times
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Wrong title on screenshot, ought to read: Trump's statement on persecution :twisted:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:33 am I wonder if he thinks he can decline after he's indicted. :?:
Well, I mean, technically, he *can* decline to participate in the sense of testifying. He just can't decline to be prosecuted. :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Jim

Post by Jim »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:35 pm
Well, I mean, technically, he *can* decline to participate in the sense of testifying. He just can't decline to be prosecuted. :)
He can also decline to participate with the trial, if he so chooses. He just can't decline to serve out his sentence if he's found guilty.
The Supreme Court amendments provide that a defendant has waived his right to be present at the trial of a capital or noncapital case in two circumstances: (1) when he voluntarily absents himself after the trial has begun; and (2) where he “engages in conduct which is such as to justify his being excluded from the ...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump’s lawyer on
@AriMelber
- Trump didn’t lie when he said he didn’t know about the $130K payment to Stormy Daniels, even though it wasn’t true, because he decided not to violate a confidentiality agreement, which was the right thing to do. So it’s not a lie.

Got it?
No, I don't got it :crazy:
Edit: Let's roll the tape as Brianna would say.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This the new attorney making the rounds?

https://nypost.com/2014/06/04/kerik-acc ... keteering/
Bernie Kerik upped the ante Tuesday night in his nasty legal fight with celebrity-repping lawyer Joe Tacopina, accusing his ex-buddy in new legal papers of extramarital affairs with TV stars, prescription-drug abuse – and even racketeering.

The disgraced former NYPD commissioner added the stunning new allegations – all of which Tacopina vehemently denies — to a Manhattan federal court complaint amending a previous malpractice lawsuit he filed in January against the lawyer.

The RICO suit seeks a court order to dissolve Tacopina’s law firm, claiming it participated in “racketeering activity” since 2006 to boost profits.

It accuses Tacopina of “inappropriate manipulation of the media to falsely inflate” his “public image” — including through “countless” extramarital affairs.

The suit doesn’t name names, but one of its bombshell claims is that Tacopina had an affair with a married “producer from a major TV network” who’s husband he knew as an “acquaintance.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@AWeissmann_
Trump NY defense: I was extorted. That is an admission he paid $ (which he had been denying) and the $ was not for legal fees (the cover story). Because the NY criminal case reportedly focuses on the crime of making false business records -- his "defense" is an confession.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:53 am
@AWeissmann_
Trump NY defense: I was extorted. That is an admission he paid $ (which he had been denying) and the $ was not for legal fees (the cover story). Because the NY criminal case reportedly focuses on the crime of making false business records -- his "defense" is an confession.
I suppose he thinks it's the white collar equivalent of claiming the homicide was in self-defense. "I broke the law, paid the hush money in an illegal way, lied about it, and tried to cover it up because I was the victim of a crime."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Ari Melber just buried Tacopina on his show, and Tacopina has no clue about the case.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It's not a lie unless it is under oath? So many pieces dropping into place...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump is now saying there was no sex. She claims to be able to identify his penis. She is just going to have to make an in-court identification I guess.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:46 pm
Trump is now saying there was no sex.
Couldn't get it up? Heck of a confession.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:rotflmao:

FYI, Erin Burnett/CNN OutFront just said at start of her hour she was going to have Trump's attorney this hour. I am ASSUMING that's the one who has been making the rounds, but we'll see. Might be fun, I'll never forget how she handled oh, what's the name of the Trump guy who made all the shows on one day with his crazy talk back in the early tfg days. She was the only one who said to his face she smelled alcohol on his breath.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Trump is now saying there was no sex. She claims to be able to identify his penis. She is just going to have to make an in-court identification I guess.
A identification line up?????

Donnie,
White Button,
Crimino,
Portabello,
Shiitake.
:whistle:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:15 pm
A identification line up?????

Donnie,
White Button,
Crimino,
Portabello,
Shiitake.
:whistle:
Stinkhorn?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus_impudicus
much ado

Post by much ado »

I was watching Irma la Douce (1963) last night. It stars Shirley MacLaine as Irma, a prostitute, and Jack Lemmon as Nestor, who starts out as a police officer. When Irma fails to recognize Nestor out of uniform the next day, which Nestor finds hard to believe, she explains "I don't remember faces". The implication is clear. :lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”