Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Re: Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by noblepa »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:50 pm Biden is playing the long game

he has the turtle's number
Biden may also realize that praise from him can work against McConnell with the QOP base, who already think he is not sufficiently loyal to TFG.

I didn't think that Biden was that devious, but maybe I was wrong.

I'm also sure that Biden, after serving in the Senate for years with Mitch, has some level of personal affection for the man.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think it's child psychology. It won't work with McConnell, but I see it working against McConnell.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:18 pm :sick:
I think Biden is being sincere.

Unfortunately, that era of politics is gone.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You can be sincere and be playing the long game at the same time.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:

Biden is no naïf. He won’t always rock the boat but he knows what’s happening.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I'm sure that Biden thinks that, by praising McConnell, he is encouraging a return to civility (a good thing).

However, it might backfire. In today's environment, especially among the right-wing republican world, McConnell may feel that he has to somehow reject Biden's compliments, lest the RWNJs think that he is too friendly with the democrats. IOW, it could drive McConnell even further to the right.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

McConnell has never seen a back he wasn't willing to stab.

I understand people say he was once a reasonable legislator. Not in my memory.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:11 am I'm sure that Biden thinks that, by praising McConnell, he is encouraging a return to civility (a good thing).

However, it might backfire. In today's environment, especially among the right-wing republican world, McConnell may feel that he has to somehow reject Biden's compliments, lest the RWNJs think that he is too friendly with the democrats. IOW, it could drive McConnell even further to the right.
McConnell is never going to be right, center, or left. He is going to float to wherever benefits McConnell at that moment.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

There is a story I've heard about Mitch. It may be apocryphal.

Apparently, some staffer was following him down a hall in the Capitol, droning on and on about some arcane policy question. Mitch finally stopped, turned to him and said "You don't understand. I don't do policy. I do politics."

As I said, I don't know if it is true, but it certainly feels true. McConnell doesn't seem to care a whit about governing or what is best for the country; winning a political fight is all he cares about.
much ado

Post by much ado »

noblepa wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:40 pm There is a story I've heard about Mitch. It may be apocryphal.

Apparently, some staffer was following him down a hall in the Capitol, droning on and on about some arcane policy question. Mitch finally stopped, turned to him and said "You don't understand. I don't do policy. I do politics."

As I said, I don't know if it is true, but it certainly feels true. McConnell doesn't seem to care a whit about governing or what is best for the country; winning a political fight is all he cares about.
Trump doesn't do either policy or politics, but he sure is a virtuoso on that dog whistle.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“LINDSEY GRAHAM SPENT SIX YEARS WITH HIS HEAD UP TRUMP’S ASS FOR NOTHING”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/02 ... trump-rino

Nice headline. :mrgreen:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:10 pm “LINDSEY GRAHAM SPENT SIX YEARS WITH HIS HEAD UP TRUMP’S ASS FOR NOTHING”
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/02 ... trump-rino

Nice headline. :mrgreen:
For some reason this reminds me of a report I once read that one of the bits of Latin grafitti left behind on Hadrian's Wall by Roman soldiers basically read something like "Better ten years up an elephant's ass than one more year guarding this fucking wall." I have always considered that the height of perfect misery in expression.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

cue mtg's conniption fit
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY): "If we're fortunate enough to have the majority next year, I'll be the majority leader.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Well this is depressing. As expected, but depressing. He literally just doesn’t get it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He just lays bare his black soul in that interview.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

xposted
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:24 pm https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/15 ... 1956157444
Scoop: Jan. 6 committee recently interviewed fmr Trump Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, sources tell me,
:snippity:
In case anyone has forgotten, Elaine Chao has been wed to Mitch McConnell for nearly thirty years.
raison de arizona

No comment, but he's been following it for the last month? :confuzzled:
COURIER @CourierNewsroom wrote: Mitch McConnell, when asked if he thinks it was appropriate for Donald Trump to take top-secret White House documents to Mar-a-Lago: No comment.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Never has "No Comment" said so much.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by Luke »

Addison is so gangsta! MAGA & Republicans are in GREAT HANDS with "Lightning" Addison (Mitch) McConnell. Look and listen to his ELECTRICITY!
@LeaderMcConnell is a spellbinding speaker. He will be fabulous in the GOP minority for another 2 years. #TeamMitch

Check out this excitement:

Here's the full 3 1/2 minutes:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

It's possible, as a NBCUSA...minority Speaker?
We might have to refer to the King...even if Pelosi steps down
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So mitch isn't keeping his promise that he'd resign if he wasn't majority leader?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:45 pm So mitch isn't keeping his promise that he'd resign if he wasn't majority leader?
I don't believe McConnell ever said that, at least he claims he didn't and no one has been able to prove that he did that I've seen.

FWIW.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/PoliticsVerse/statu ... 2573272064
PoliticsVerse 🇺🇸 @PoliticsVerse wrote: How does Mitch McConnell sleep well at night knowing he voted NO on a interracial marriage bill while BEING in a interracial marriage?
somerset

Post by somerset »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:11 pm https://twitter.com/PoliticsVerse/statu ... 2573272064
PoliticsVerse 🇺🇸 @PoliticsVerse wrote: How does Mitch McConnell sleep well at night knowing he voted NO on a interracial marriage bill while BEING in a interracial marriage?
Isn't is primarily a same-sex marriage bill (The Respect for Marriage Act)?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”