Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Aged like a fine wine…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Urine trouble if you use urine as a blood substitute. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Piss on 'em.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:50 am Aged like a fine wine…
As my thesis research involved models of kidney function, I can tell you that urine is indeed blood plasma ultra-filtrate, but as one of the functions of the kidney is to concentrate urea (so it can be excreted with as little water loss as possible), using urine as plasma, especially if it is urine produced by someone who is not ingesting A LOT of water, is going to be very hard on your kidneys. Too, also, while urine in the body is sterile, I'm guessing that collected urine is not likely to stay sterile, which opens up another world of issues...
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Nice quip by the responder, superficial plausibility overlying complete bollocks!
Off Topic
I like the way describing urine as an "ultra-filtrate" sounds excitingly good, but in this case the filter has removed the desirable components for post-surgery transfusions: the (oxygen transporting) red blood cells. It's the residue that's the desirable stuff.

Amusingly the anti-vaxer probably would find little of the hated vaccine-affected components in such a transfusion. The usual preparation process for RBCs removes most of the white blood cells, so the T-cells are gone, and most of the plasma (the liquid carrier in blood), which contains the antibodies (proteins in suspension), is replaced by saline solution.

The notion of drinking urine always seemed bizarre and perverse to me: setting aside the yukkiness, why would anybody think it sensible to ingest material that the body has very deliberately discarded?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Also, aged urine is better known as ammonia. see also lant
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 pm The notion of drinking urine always seemed bizarre and perverse to me: setting aside the yukkiness, why would anybody think it sensible to ingest material that the body has very deliberately discarded?[/offtopic]
Autonomically but designed to do so. But if we're looking for sensible from anti-vaxxers, well...
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

There are many uses for urine. A perimeter of human urine around a garden may or may not keep vegetable -predating critters away. If you’re trapped under a building after an earthquake you can drink it to stay alive. If you don’t want to be drafted you can pee your pants at the draft office.

That other stuff? Fuggedaboudit.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

If urine is filtered blood, then feces is filtered food.

There. Problem solved. People are God's Miracle (tm) self sustaining perpetual motion machines.

But wait, there's more. It's clearly a well kept secret over thousands of years proving the conspiracy to oppress We The People is much older then we were ever told. Even Q is keeping this one from us.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:59 pm There are many uses for urine. A perimeter of human urine around a garden may or may not keep vegetable -predating critters away. If you’re trapped under a building after an earthquake you can drink it to stay alive. If you don’t want to be drafted you can pee your pants at the draft office.

Don't try soaking a silk shirt in urine to help bend the bars so you may escape from prison. It won't work. We know this because, of course, the Mythbusters.

This was not, by far, the most disgusting substance they used on the show.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

bill_g wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:11 am If urine is filtered blood, then feces is filtered food.
:fingerwag: You need to relearn some human biology, bill. No filtration anywhere in the digestive tract. :fingerwag:
Slarti the White

northland10 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:59 pm There are many uses for urine. A perimeter of human urine around a garden may or may not keep vegetable -predating critters away. If you’re trapped under a building after an earthquake you can drink it to stay alive. If you don’t want to be drafted you can pee your pants at the draft office.

Don't try soaking a silk shirt in urine to help bend the bars so you may escape from prison. It won't work. We know this because, of course, the Mythbusters.

This was not, by far, the most disgusting substance they used on the show.
In my opinion, that would be the cerumen (earwax) candles, but YMMV. Of course, living with Danraft for the past three years has given me an appreciation of the value of cerumen as a medium for biomarkers, but those candles still make me shudder.
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:55 am
bill_g wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:11 am If urine is filtered blood, then feces is filtered food.
:fingerwag: You need to relearn some human biology, bill. No filtration anywhere in the digestive tract. :fingerwag:
I suppose you could argue that useful things are being filtered out of the digestive tract, but that just means that feces is the stuff that didn't pass through the filter. Although that isn't really filtration, its absorption. Unsurprisingly (because evolution), the intestines and nephrons basically work the same way -- a bunch of stuff is thrown down the chute and the good stuff is reclaimed before it gets dumped. My advisor used to say that the kidney "threw the baby out with the bathwater" and then reclaimed the baby. This process allows the kidney to remove unknown toxins from the blood since anything below a certain size passes from the glomerulus into the descending limb of the nephron and only specific things are transported out.

Sorry about extending the threadjack, but after spending over three years doing research on the kidney for my thesis, I can't really help it...
Sam the Centipede

Yeah, mea culpa, I was imprecise in my phrasing: I had intended to indicate that the residue and waste expelled (not excreted, let's be precise on that!) from the digestive tract via the republican oration orifice has not been filtered; in no way is it a filtrate.
Slarti the White

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:22 am Yeah, mea culpa, I was imprecise in my phrasing: I had intended to indicate that the residue and waste expelled (not excreted, let's be precise on that!) from the digestive tract via the republican oration orifice has not been filtered; in no way is it a filtrate.
No problem, it's nice that my thesis research is useful every now and then...
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brazil's vaccine-skeptic Bolsonaro got the shot, document indicates

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 023-02-18/
A health ministry record indicates that former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, a vocal skeptic of COVID-19 vaccines who vowed to never get the jab, may have received one in 2021, the country's comptroller general's office said on Friday.

The office said it was examining a vaccine card provided by the health ministry recording the far-right former president's vaccination, though in a statement it cautioned that the card could have been altered.

It said it had sought information about Bolsonaro's vaccination record from the health ministry following last month's inauguration of new leftist President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

"The record exists, that's as much as we know," comptroller general's office head Vinicius Carvalho said during an interview with CNN Brazil.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

tek wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:31 am Ladapo is an ass.

Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo's new COVID-19 vaccine guidance sparks controversy, confusion
Analysis cited by surgeon general has red flags, doctors say.
https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/florid ... -confusion
Florida county Republican Party votes to ban the COVID-19 vaccine
By CBS Miami Team
February 23, 2023 / 6:25 AM / CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/flor ... 9-vaccine/
MIAMI - The "Ban the jab" resolution passed with a majority vote in the Lee County Republican Party and will now head to Governor Ron DeSantis' desk.

This comes after a member of the Lee County Republican Party wrote a resolution for the executive committee to consider. Joe Sansone argued the risks of the COVID vaccine are not worth it.

Sansone so far as to label the vaccine a bioweapon.

"The Lee County Republican Party is going to be on the vanguard of this campaign to stop the genocide because we have foreign non governmental entities that are unleashing biological weapons on the American people," he said.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Measles case in Kentucky linked to viral Christian revival at Asbury University, officials say
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 347087002/
FRANKFORT, Ky. — A measles case has been identified in Kentucky and is linked to the large, two week-long revival on the campus of Asbury University, a Christian school in Wilmore.

On Friday, state health officials said the Jessamine County resident, who is unvaccinated, attended the Kentucky Asbury Revival on Feb. 18.

Thousands of people from all over the country and globe attended the religious service – which captured the attention of social media users worldwide as the revival went viral on TikTok.

The revival began on Feb. 8 and continued through the following two weeks. According to the New York Times, Asbury University estimates that the revival brought more than 50,000 people to Wilmore, a small town with a population of about 6,000. :snippity:
Gosh, if only there was something that could have prevented that. *checks notes* OH LOOK, a vaccination developed in 1963 for this.

(I'm bitchy about measles because it is what caused my permanent hearing damage as a toddler -- a common side effect of that virus)
Tiredretiredlawyer

I have permanent eye damage from the measles.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I was playing with our rotary phone when I had measles and mom told me I had called someone in China, but later revealed it was just Chinatown. 🙄 I be was actually afraid of the phone for years after that. (I was 4 at the time)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:51 am I have permanent eye damage from the measles.
Off Topic
Well, I'm not really mad about it. My parents were very young and they didn't know what they didn't know.

I can tell you is if it were not for that, you most likely would never have encountered me. I wanted to be career Navy and become an officer. None of the armed forces would accept me. Because I failed the hearing test. Kinda hard at the time to hear I was not worthy. But I am a long way from being a 17yo today.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:51 am I have permanent eye damage from the measles.
I can remember being kept in a dark room the whole time I had measles.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 pm
I can remember being kept in a dark room the whole time I had measles.
:yeahthat:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:yeahthat: Except I kept looking out of the curtains. :bag:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Anti-Vaxxers Think It's Time For Political and Legal Revenge
Buoyed by the purported end of a pandemic that continues to kill thousands, anti-vaccine activists now vow to punish their enemies. “These people,” said one, “need to go to prison.”

By Anna Merlan
February 17, 2023, 3:00pm

It was a peaceful Sunday afternoon at the Conscious Life Expo, and in a large, windowless ballroom, Del Bigtree was red-faced and triumphant in front of a captivated crowd.

“These people,” he told them, “need to go to prison!” There was a smattering of solemn applause. “For life!” someone in the audience cried out.

Bigtree is a TV producer turned big fish in the anti-vaccine world, and this talk was, more or less, part of his victory lap. In a lecture running nearly two hours, he accused government officials and pharmaceutical companies of fraud for promoting mRNA vaccine, and for downplaying the effectiveness of drugs like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin. (Neither drug is effective as a cure, treatment, or preventative for COVID; the FDA warns against using hydroxychloroquine for COVID due to possible heart rhythm problems, and ivermectin because it can lead to problems ranging from hypotension to death. The use of both drugs has been heavily politicized, and a recent study found that conservative doctors are more likely to prescribe them, despite a large and growing body of research showing neither drug is effective for COVID.)

But Bigtree also had another, more optimistic agenda: to assure his audience that he and other anti-vaccine figures are now seeking their legal and political revenge.

Bigtree falsely claimed governments and health departments had killed people with overdoses of hydroxychloroquine “so they could say it doesn’t work,” and told the crowd, “I am going to take that to a court of law.” He also swore never to forgive the media for their role in the pandemic. “New York Times, CNN, MSNBC,” he cried, “The blood is on your hands! We will never forget that you did that.”

While the rhetoric was overheated, even for Bigtree, it’s also an indicator of the moment we’re in. As COVID cases continue to gradually decline, and with the U.S. government declaring it will end the formal public health emergency on May 11, the pandemic is, in the view of many people, receding into the rearview mirror. (This despite the fact that the disease continues to kill many people every day, especially endangering the elderly and becoming a leading cause of death for children.)

And major anti-vaccine figures are now seizing their chance to enact what they see as justice—and do a little fundraising and image-burnishing in the process. Besides Bigtree’s nonspecific legal threats, we have Children’s Health Defense, the most moneyed and influential anti-vaccine organization in the U.S., led by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. CHD is often involved in strange and frequently doomed litigation, but recently, and with much fanfare, it launched a new one: an antitrust lawsuit against major news organizations and social media outlets, which they accused of conspiring to “collectively censor online news” about COVID. The defendants included frequent anti-vax targets like the Washington Post and the BBC, and the plaintiffs are a veritable who’s who of people making bogus health claims, including CHD itself; Ty and Charlene Bollinger, who run websites and sell products devoted to making bogus claims about cancer and vaccines; Jim Hoft, who founded right-wing news site Gateway Pundit, and Joseph Mercola, a longtime figure in the natural health world who’s also been a major funder of the anti-vax movement. The lawsuit made quite a bit of noise in conservative media and the anti-vaccine world—and it allowed CHD to continue asking for donations for its general litigation fund.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvm993/ ... al-revenge

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”