Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by LM K »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:06 am https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-02/ ... /100876182

New Zealand police have launched a renewed push to end an anti-vaccine mandate protest that has disrupted the country's capital for the past three weeks, dismantling an encampment set up outside parliament and towing away vehicles.
:snippity:

A fire broke out among some tents, sending smoke billowing over the site before it was doused by police, a witness said, as officers worked to completely clear the grounds.
At least 10 children at the protest.

Violence against police:

"Protesters used fire extinguishers, paint-filled projectiles, homemade plywood shields and pitchforks as weapons and a cord was set up as a trip wire, police said.

Social media footage showed protesters throwing full water bottles and shouting abuse at the police."

Pitchforks?! I admit, that cracked me up.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Ivermectin Does Not Prevent Progression to Severe COVID-19
Ivermectin treatment during early illness does not prevent progression to severe disease for high-risk patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19, according to a study published online in JAMA Internal Medicine.

Steven Chee Loon Lim, MRCP, from Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in Perak, Malaysia, and colleagues examined the efficacy of ivermectin for preventing progression to severe disease among high-risk patients with COVID-19 between May 31 and Oct. 25, 2021. Patients aged 50 years and older with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, comorbidities, and mild-to-moderate disease were enrolled within the first week of symptom onset and were randomly assigned to receive either oral ivermectin daily for 5 days plus standard of care or standard of care alone (241 and 249 patients, respectively).

The researchers found that 21.6 and 17.3% of patients in the ivermectin and control groups progressed to severe disease (relative risk, 1.25; 95% confidence interval, 0.87 to 1.80; P=.25). No significant differences were seen between the groups for any of the prespecified secondary outcomes (mechanical ventilation, intensive care unit admission, and 28-day in-hospital death). Diarrhea was the most common adverse event reported (5.8 and 1.6% in the ivermectin and control groups, respectively).

"We found no evidence that ivermectin was efficacious in reducing the risk of severe disease,” the authors write. “Our findings are consistent with the results of the IVERCOR-COVID19 trial, which found that ivermectin was ineffective in reducing the risk of hospitalization.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This crap still? I feel bad for people that work for the airlines.
StandWithUkraineHat @Popehat wrote: Wife reports two from a bachelorette party and one dude have been kicked off her flight for refusing to mask. Very little sympathy from the other fliers. Tears from the ones kicked off.

Them’s the breaks.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

This Doctor Has Pushed Unproven Drugs And Questioned COVID Vaccines. She’s Now Pleaded Guilty To Crimes In The Jan. 6 Insurrection.

Gold is an MD and JD.
Simone Gold, the founder of America’s Frontline Doctors, a group notorious for questioning the safety and effectiveness of COVID vaccines and promoting unproven drugs, has pleaded guilty to participating in the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

As part of an agreement with the government, Gold pleaded guilty on Thursday to one count of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds, a misdemeanor offense.
She had been facing four other charges, including the felony of obstruction of an official proceeding.

In a hearing before US District Judge Christopher Cooper, held virtually because of the COVID pandemic, Gold admitted to entering the east rotunda door of the Capitol with other rioters, remaining for about 30 minutes, and giving a speech against vaccine mandates and lockdowns that her codefendant, John Strand, streamed online. Multiple law enforcement officers had to intervene to stop Gold’s speech.

“I plead guilty,
” she said after a long pause.

Gold is set to be sentenced on June 16. The charge she pleaded guilty to has a maximum sentence of six months in prison, but her ultimate sentence is at the judge’s discretion.

As part of the plea agreement, Gold will also pay $500 in restitution and cooperate with additional investigations.

Gold was arrested on Jan. 18, 2021, less than two weeks after the attack on the Capitol. The FBI received a string of tips about Gold’s participation, including videos and photos that showed her inside the building and using a bullhorn to address the mob. A few days before her arrest, the Washington Post published an interview with Gold where she admitted that she’d gone into the Capitol but insisted that it was “incredibly peaceful.”

She was charged along with Strand; Gold told the Post that Strand was with her on Jan. 6 to “ensure her safety.”
A federal grand jury returned a five-count indictment against the pair just over a year ago, including one felony count for obstructing an official proceeding and four misdemeanors for illegally being in the Capitol, disorderly conduct, and parading.

In July 2020, Gold shot to prominence as the founder of America’s Frontline Doctors, which announced itself at a “White Coat Summit” held in Washington, DC. The group initially pushed for an end to COVID lockdown measures and promoted the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat the disease. By then, the FDA had revoked an initial emergency authorization for the drug’s use as a COVID treatment, after clinical trial results showed it was unlikely to be effective. The agency had earlier warned of reports that hydroxychloroquine could cause “serious heart rhythm problems” in some patients.

Billing itself as a “civil rights organization,” Gold’s group is linked to the Tea Party Patriots, a right-wing activist group, and has launched legal challenges to vaccine mandates. She has downplayed the severity of COVID and questioned the effectiveness of vaccines. “The people who die from COVID-19 are people who are kinda destined to die in this period anyway,” Gold said at a speech in Florida posted online in January 2021, claiming that the “so-called” vaccine “actually changes nothing.”

On its website, America’s Frontline Doctors promotes telemedicine appointments costing $90 with doctors who will prescribe “early treatment” for COVID with drugs including ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine — neither of which have been proven to be effective. In September 2021, the Intercept revealed that data provided by a hacker indicated that America’s Frontline Doctors and its telemedicine partner, SpeakWithAnMD.com, had received at least $6.7 million for these consultations.

Criminal convictions can lead to subsequent disciplinary action from state medical boards. However, Gold’s guilty plea over her actions in the Jan. 6 insurrection may not trigger action against her medical license. The relevant section of the California code states that “the conviction of any offense substantially related to the qualifications, functions, or duties of a physician constitutes unprofessional conduct which can be cause for disciplinary action.” Whether or not an offense is “substantially related” to a doctor’s medical practice is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So assign the ship to the coast guard. The Crew cant stay on the ship after reassignment as they are navy men.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm not even going to tell my dad about this one. The Navy is supposed to be immune to polly ticks.

Boy, those were the days. When does the captain think JFK Jr. is going to appear at Dealy Plaza, huh? :confuzzled:

Asking for a friend. :blackeyebig:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:12 pm So assign the ship to the coast guard. The Crew cant stay on the ship after reassignment as they are navy men.
Not too many destroyers in the CG fleet. But! That could change I suppose.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:47 pm

Not too many destroyers in the CG fleet. But! That could change I suppose.
Perhaps a stint at Diego Garcia would work?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Or a friendly visit to South Georgia. No, not that one. No, not that one either. The island. :bag:
LM K

Post by LM K »

Unvaccinated Djokovic says he is out of Indian Wells, Miami
Novak Djokovic said that he will not be able to compete at tennis tournaments in Indian Wells, California, or Miami because he is unvaccinated and can’t travel to the United States. :violin:

The 20-time Grand Slam champion tweeted Wednesday that the Centers for Disease Control “confirmed the regulations won’t be changing so I won’t be able to play in the U.S.”
raison de arizona

Poor little disease vector.
SeeLogica @lolidefi wrote: My first grader told me today that a little girl in his class told him “I don’t feel safe around you because you don’t wear a mask”and later when they were on the carpet she said, “Don’t breathe on me.” He told me this with tears in his eyes. I guess it’s time to raise hell.
Tell him to stop breathing on her and give her some space. Problem solved.

She responded to a bunch of sympathetic comments saying that the girl bullied him and made him feel dirty.

:shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe I'd be a bad parent but this kid was just asked to do something reasonable, not bullied. Her responses are sad. His oh-so-trembly tears. Scarred for life. Mainly by his mommy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

A fight in search of a conflict.

Fuck those people.Who among us with kids hasn't heard the "Mom, he's breathing on me" whine?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

FJlxHSiVcAMcq1o.jpeg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:51 am A fight in search of a conflict.

Fuck those people.Who among us with kids hasn't heard the "Mom, he's breathing on me" whine?
Or, in the case of my daughter, "Mom, he's looking through my gaze."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Estiveo

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember "Don't look at me in that tone of voice." :fingerwag:
raison de arizona

Interesting Canadian survey, lends credence to the theory that the anti-vax movement is being driven by Russian disinformation.

Or they're just stupid and will fall for anything.

I dunno.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I guess as good a place as any.

bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Should go in The Stupid Thread, but while my dark side says "light a match", my better sense says roll the cart over her coat tails and hope it gets thoroughly tangled. She's a little instigater and obviously has a comrade to capture the moment.

PS - seems like we've seen blondie before.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

As she is walking past..
Accidentally step on the tail of it..
Hard an with your balance such that you aren’t the one to fall. :)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Or tell her….

“Gladly! He’s hung like a horse! Not a mushroom”.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:42 am Should go in The Stupid Thread, but while my dark side says "light a match", my better sense says roll the cart over her coat tails and hope it gets thoroughly tangled. She's a little instigater and obviously has a comrade to capture the moment.

Forgot about that thread. :bag:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:38 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:42 am Should go in The Stupid Thread, but while my dark side says "light a match", my better sense says roll the cart over her coat tails and hope it gets thoroughly tangled. She's a little instigater and obviously has a comrade to capture the moment.

Forgot about that thread. :bag:
No worries. There is a high probability she is a spreadneck too.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”