Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Danraft

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Danraft »

Soon… there is hope soon for autoimmune diseases. Maybe create a Google alert for clinical trials of interest. Look for drugs ending in -ab.
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:06 pm
Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm Medicine has not yet discovered anything which will convince the immune system to rewire itself permanently to accept the foreign tissue.
Which is ironic in that it also hasn’t discovered how to get my own immune system to stop attacking my own body parts.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Danraft wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 pm Soon… there is hope soon for autoimmune diseases. Maybe create a Google alert for clinical trials of interest. Look for drugs ending in -ab.
Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm Medicine has not yet discovered anything which will convince the immune system to rewire itself permanently to accept the foreign tissue.
Which is ironic in that it also hasn’t discovered how to get my own immune system to stop attacking my own body parts.
And stem cell therapy:

https://gumc.georgetown.edu/gumc-storie ... ecipients/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Danraft wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 pm Soon… there is hope soon for autoimmune diseases. Maybe create a Google alert for clinical trials of interest. Look for drugs ending in -ab.
I’m on a drug ending in -ab. It helps tamp it down but not enough. Shouldn’t complain because previous generations didn’t have it.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

HE'S DONE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Farkin' little diva moron.

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'm suffering from a transplant reaction to my own organ.

Wait wut?

My lower left canine grew in sideways. After several years of trying to use my braces to lever it up to a better orientation (which meant minor oral surgery every two weeks!), the dentist decided to pull it and then implant it in the proper orientation. On my 16th birthday, no less (yes I hate my birthday and /i hate going to the dentist, why do you ask?). The tooth was dead, but hey, it was mine, right?

Turns out that if a dead tooth remains in place, after about 15 years you start getting a transplant reaction. The problem is, your immune system starts attacking the rest of your teeth as well. So I'm in the process of losing all my teeth in my 40s, and there's nothing I can do but get implants. I was supposed to get my first set of implants in Spring 2020.

Enter Covid...
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:33 pm HE'S DONE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Farkin' little diva moron.

His hometown is Chico - that is all you have to know about this idiot. Poot area of CA. I'm sure there are some fine people in Chico but guess they are in the minority.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:42 pm I'm suffering from a transplant reaction to my own organ.

Wait wut?

My lower left canine grew in sideways. After several years of trying to use my braces to lever it up to a better orientation (which meant minor oral surgery every two weeks!), the dentist decided to pull it and then implant it in the proper orientation. On my 16th birthday, no less (yes I hate my birthday and /i hate going to the dentist, why do you ask?). The tooth was dead, but hey, it was mine, right?

Turns out that if a dead tooth remains in place, after about 15 years you start getting a transplant reaction. The problem is, your immune system starts attacking the rest of your teeth as well. So I'm in the process of losing all my teeth in my 40s, and there's nothing I can do but get implants. I was supposed to get my first set of implants in Spring 2020.

Enter Covid...
Oh, my friend! That's awful! :bighug:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:33 pm HE'S DONE RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Farkin' little diva moron.
I read around the twitters that it really says something about Aaron Rogers that he made people root for the team that kicked out Colin Kaepatrick for kneeling.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:42 pm I'm suffering from a transplant reaction to my own organ…
Bloody hell! Hope you can start treatment as soon possible. :shock:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

GET WELL KEVIN!!

Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm Sigh. When I was growing up the only places with armed guards were banks. What have we come to? :(
Yeah, and church doors were never locked, so if you decided you needed to pray at 4 am, you could use a pew and have a cushion to kneel upon.

:whisper: Heh, heh, y'all thought the agnostic rooster doesn't know these things?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

As far as I know, the only transplant that doesn't need immunosuppressant drugs is a cornea transplant. I need two of them, and I was told I would not need the drugs for them, unlike other transplants.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 pm As far as I know, the only transplant that doesn't need immunosuppressant drugs is a cornea transplant. I need two of them, and I was told I would not need the drugs for them, unlike other transplants.
Cadaver bone as well (used to build up deteriorating sockets in preparation for dental implants).
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:42 am
Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm Sigh. When I was growing up the only places with armed guards were banks. What have we come to? :(
Yeah, and church doors were never locked, so if you decided you needed to pray at 4 am, you could use a pew and have a cushion to kneel upon.

:whisper: Heh, heh, y'all thought the agnostic rooster doesn't know these things?
I'm not Catholic, so I'm not going to get this exactly right. But I guess the Catholic churches would have a spot where you could light a candle and pray for someone and drop some coins in a box. Anyway, I had a co-worker whose parents would help themselves to the money from those boxes. (My co-worker was taken away from his parents when he was about 11 and made a ward of the state.)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There have been other stories this past fall of people being denied organ transplants because of their refusals to be vaccinated. One woman cited her religious objection to the vaccine. I just figured that that's just proof that her dying must be what God wants at that time then.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 pm There have been other stories this past fall of people being denied organ transplants because of their refusals to be vaccinated. One woman cited her religious objection to the vaccine. I just figured that that's just proof that her dying must be what God wants at that time then.
It's not only that they just don't want to get the vaccination against COVID, but the fact is that these are people who have just signaled that they will not comply with the conditions they agreed to in order to be considered for a transplant. They will have no innate immune system, so they need to avoid doing anything which would expose them to potential germs.

Why would you go to the trouble of giving someone a new heart or liver or kidney, knowing that they can't be bothered to be careful with that precious item?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

My former neighbor's brother was an alcoholic that destroyed his liver through alcoholism. Part of being eligible for a transplant was that he had to completely stop drinking for a period of time, and remain alcohol free after the transplant. Well, he got the transplant, but didn't keep up the no alcohol part of the bargain. He desperately tried to get on a list again after destroying his transplanted liver, but no one would consider him for a transplant again. He died. The end.

There are conditions for these procedures, one either adheres to them or they aren't eligible.

Also, my body my choice? It ain't your body, quite literally.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Basically, why would an insurance company pay for an organ transplant with a high chance of failure? Why would they pay for one in which the recipient is not going to do what's necessary in order to make the transplant a success?
LM K

Post by LM K »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 pm There have been other stories this past fall of people being denied organ transplants because of their refusals to be vaccinated. One woman cited her religious objection to the vaccine. I just figured that that's just proof that her dying must be what God wants at that time then.
Yeppers. Examples: Sherry Breen, Michelle Vitullo, and Leilani Lutali.

Sherry Breen:
Sherry Breen of Muncy, who suffers from Stage 4 kidney disease, was told by doctors at Geisinger that she will not be eligible for a kidney transplant unless she agrees to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

"Someday, my life will hopefully be back to normal and receive a transplant, and then when I was told I couldn't receive the transplant without the vaccine, it was really a mix of irritation, frustration, and fear," Breen said. :violin:

Lady, you can get a transplant ... as soon as you vaccinate!

Transplant hospitals like Geisinger are legally allowed to require transplant donors and recipients to be vaccinated.

Geisinger issued this statement to WNEP on the matter:

"Based on overwhelming data and recommendations from countless experts, including our own, we have decided to require all transplant patients receive the COVID-19 vaccine."

Breen started dialysis six years ago and has been on a kidney transplant list ever since. She also highlighted that she has a long line of health complications, including Lyme disease.

"The hope eventually was that I would receive a kidney transplant to relieve me of dialysis. The life expectancy on dialysis is about 6 to 8, maybe ten years."

According to Breen, she is immunocompromised and fears that the long-term effects of the vaccine will harm her.

"Because of my immune system's response to things over the years, I am really scared of the vaccine, and not knowing what the long-term side effects are, and how my immune system will handle it."

Hmmm. Long term side effects? Living due to a kidney transplant!

Not all transplant hospitals require recipients to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Breen has been talking with other hospitals about the possibility of a transplant.

"UPMC reviews patients on a case-by-case basis. So, if they look through my file and decide that the vaccine might be too risky for her, which is how I feel, then I wouldn't be required to receive it before transplant," Breen said.

Newswatch 16 reached out to UPMC, and we learned that it currently does not require any proof of vaccination status for transplant recipients. If UPMC does agree to a transplant, then Breen will have to be put on a waiting list.

You've been on one wait list for 6 freaking years. Now you think a different hospital with a different wait list will get you a kidney before you die? You said the survival rate for those on long-term dialysis is 6-10 years, lady. :waiting:
Well, Breen is feeling optimistic! She has appointments with other hospitals that don't have an "agenda"!

Breen has now been on a transplant list for 7 years.

Oh, and she had covid last fall and had a "serious reaction to it". In other words, covid almost killed her. So dog forbid she get vaccinated against a virus that almost killed her.
The 40-year-old Muncy woman who was dropped from Geisinger’s kidney transplant list for refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccination has four appointments with other organ transplant facilities that do not require the vaccine.

“Once my story came out, Geisinger referred me to other transplant centers,” said Sherry Breen, a mother of two who had been on the Danville hospital transplant list for seven years as she fought late-stage kidney disease.
:snippity:

“None of them require a (COVID-19) vaccine, but they do recommend it,” Breen said.

She has chosen not to be vaccinated due to her poor health, her inability to know how it would impact her system and the serious reaction she had last fall after contracting COVID.

Her husband, Andy Breen, is thankful there are other opportunities for his wife.

“I thought it was wonderful there are still institutions out there with people’s health in mind and not agendas,” he said.

Breen now has stage 5 kidney failure. She continues to refuse the vaccine.
“I felt like the carpet was ripped out under my feet,” she said.

She had done everything Geisinger had asked, she said, adding, “I worked really hard for it.”

She said she’s been told she’s on Geisinger’s inactive list but will be returned to active status if the vaccination requirement is dropped.

In the meantime, she will be on the lists of the other four centers, to which she was referred by Geisinger. That, she said, could make it easier to find a kidney.
She probably won't be on 4 different lists. I think "in the meantime" simply means until one hospital accepts her. Who knows?

Breen's refusal to vaccinate is to some degree based on politics.

The latest update I could find, dated Nov 28.
Breen also expressed skepticism over the public campaign for vaccination, saying
she questioned the reasoning “behind pushing it so hard.”

And she said that after a previous bout with covid, she believed she had natural immunity — even though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the vaccine for those who have been previously infected.
What an ignorant, ungrateful woman.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What kills more cops, Covid, or EVERYTHING ELSE COMBINED? Denizens of this board probably know the answer.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:37 am I read around the twitters that it really says something about Aaron Rogers that he made people root for the team that kicked out Colin Kaepatrick for kneeling.
"For the record," the official story is the then newly hired coach told Kaepatrick that he wasn't a good match for the coach's plans. So, per the 49ers, Kaepatrick knew was a short timer (at best) until the coach got a quarterback he wanted.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

LM K wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:20 pm Breen's refusal to vaccinate is to some degree based on politics.
Some? A bunch of the anti-vaxxers were vaccinated all of the time but now suddenly, after their hero originally said COVID was all fake stuff, are now all anti-vax. Yes, DFO is pro-vax, now, but he let his base run away on that for most of 2021 so there's no getting them back.

As for St. Charles, I am not surprised. The western Chicago burbs have always struck me as being more RWNJ friendly. Hastert came from there (including the Evangelical mecca that is Wheaton College). Things do seem to be changing as part of Hastert's old district (changed since his time but is mainly western and northwestern outer burbs) has an Democratic woman of color as their rep, and the next ring district around Chicago is Kizinger's. The interior Western burbs once represented by Henry Hyde and Peter Roskam also went blue in 2019.

The idiot Joe Walsh was the rep for part of the western burgs until Tammy Duckworth booted his but.
101010 :towel:
LM K

Post by LM K »

Another ignorant and ungrateful woman died 5 weeks ago because she refused to get vaccinated before her transplant. She was about to receive a kidney from her daughter, but Cleveland Clinic cancelled the surgery after both women refused to vaccinate.

Many transplant hospitals now require living donors to be vaccinated.

Vitullo was 65 years old.
An Ohio woman is the latest patient being denied a lifesaving transplant surgery over the COVID-19 vaccine.

Michelle Vitullo has been battling stage 4 liver disease for years and began seeing doctors at the Cleveland Clinic in 2019.

Her husband of 47 years, Jim Vitullo, says they sacrificed a lot in preparation for the surgery, and followed all of the instructions by clinic doctors.

“They had us sign an agreement that we would live within one hour of the Cleveland Clinic, I had to quit my job because of all the visits, ended up sleeping literally hundreds of days in my car in the carport there because of the expense,” said Jim.

However, less than two weeks later, the procedure was canceled indefinitely.

“We were told to get ready,” said Green. “Then we get the news we were taken off the list and we can’t do it without the vaccine and it was heartbreaking.”

The entire family opposes the COVID-19 vaccine for religious reasons and due to medical concerns.

"To us, it’s a big mistake. It’s against our beliefs,” said Jim.

“We’ve heard of adverse reactions like blood clotting and heart problems,” added Angela, “Those are not supposed to happen from a vaccine and we don’t feel comfortable taking on that many risks.”

In response, the Cleveland Clinic released the following statement:

“The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. Cleveland Clinic has recently developed safety protocols for solid organ transplantation that require COVID-19 vaccination to be an active transplant candidate or living donor. Vaccination is particularly important in these patients for their safety. For the living donor, preventing COVID-19 infection around the time of a surgical operation is crucial. For the transplant candidate, in addition to a major operation, medications taken after an organ transplant weaken a person’s immune response. Serious complications of COVID-19 are most likely to develop in those individuals who have weakened immune systems, as their body has a reduced ability to fight and recover from infections. The FDA-authorized vaccines have been determined to be safe and effective and are the best way to prevent severe illness and death from COVID-19.“

“It’s just wrong,” said Jim. “I thought, ‘How can you do that to somebody?’”

The Vitullos are now hoping to find another hospital to perform the surgery.

Michelle and her daughter broke down in tears when they contemplated what might happen if she’s unable to get the transplanted liver.

“I don’t think they do care,” said Michelle. “I feel bad because my grandkids, they say, ‘Grandma, we’re praying for you to get better.’ It breaks my heart because now I have to tell them I may not get better.”
According to multiple sources, kidney transplant recipients have a 20-30% fatality rate if they get covid. Which is why hospitals are requiring recipients to be vaxed.
LM K

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:40 pm
Hospital refusing heart transplant for man who won't get vaccinated

A Boston hospital says it won't consider performing a heart transplant on a patient who refuses to get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports.
Things aren't going well for DJ. From his GoFundMe on Jan 25:
"Mentally I am not ready to share this update with everyone as we are still trying to process and accept this. But I feel that it's only fair to keep our friends and family in the loop considering the severity of this situation.

After almost 50 days in the hospital with no answers, DJ was finally seen by some of the best cardiac specialists last week. After running countless tests and scans we learned that DJ is now in severe end stage heart failure, meaning that he is going to need a heart transplant to live. On top of the heart failure his heart is extremely swollen and dilated. Which puts him at high risk of cardiac arrest etc. The good news is that he went through all the testing to be put on the transplant list and passed with flying colors since he's young and healthy aside from the heart failure.

With that being said he was accepted to be a candidate for heart transplant. The bad news is that the transplant board will not actively list him due to his vaccination status. Now I know this is a touchy subject for everyone, but let me explain this for the people that don't understand the issue with this. The vaccine typically causes swelling in the heart (usually temporary for most people no big deal right?) But in DJs case he can NOT afford for his heart to swell any more than it already is right now. He is at extremely high risk of sudden death if it does. We have had many conversations with the doctors, who confirmed that his heart COULD swell and go into severe crisis but they can't guarantee anything and it's a choice we will have to make if he wants to be listed. Two nights ago DJs vitals started to crash out of no where and they had to insert an emergency heart pump. This pump is essentially assisting his heart to pump 24/7 but it's usually only effective for about two weeks. When you're on this particular heart pump it pushes you to the top of the transplant list. Which we currently are not active on.

Today DJs heart went into another serious episode and his labs are showing the beginning signs of cardiac shock. On Tuesday he will be getting an emergency open heart surgery to have an LVAD pump put in- this is the soonest they can get him into the OR. This pump will mechanically pump his heart until a donor heart becomes available. These pumps are used in temporary measures until someone is able to get a transplant and there's no saying how long it will last because it's different for everyone. We are literally in a corner right now. This is extremely time sensitive. We're being pressured to choose a shot that could kill him. This is not just a political issue. People need to have a choice! People need to realize that there ARE others out there that are at high risk while receiving this shot, and it COULD kill them. Unless you've been in this exact situation, your opinions are irrelevant. Please have some respect for my family.

60 days ago we were under the impression that DJ had pneumonia, and now he's desperately in need of a heart transplant. We are devastated. We can't even process this. I haven't even found the courage to sit down with my son and explain what is happening to his father. I can not even start to describe the pain we are all going through. Lastly, I want to add that despite the decision of the transplant board, he is in the best place possible. His nurses and doctors have been nothing but compassionate and amazing to him.

Please keep him in your thoughts as he undergoes this first open heart surgery. The recovery from this pump is brutal and it's going to be life changing physically and emotionally. We are all rooting for you. You've got this."
So, get the vaccine which might have side effects. But death is 100% certain without getting vaccinated.

Or get the vaccine, get the new heart, and likely live.

DJ has a fucking choice. He just doesn't like the options being presented to him. :violin:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

It's not just kidney, liver or heart failure, it's massive brain failure.

Damn filthy liberal critical thinking skills! We ain't havin' none of those!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It's like these folks think that if they complain enough they'll get their way. No. If you want to get the transplant, you have to get vaccinated. If you want to keep your job, you have to be vaccinated. If you want to eat in that restaurant, you have to be vaccinated. People are given a choice. They get to decide. Don't complain if your choice to be unvaccinated prevents you from doing certain things. Your choice!

(No shirt, no shoes, no service.)

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”