Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sad-cafe

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by sad-cafe »

another dumbass

hope she FA and FO that she ain't getting unemployment
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Estiveo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:29 pm You know this termination didn't just come out of the blue; there were undoubtedly formal meetings and documentation, along with multiple opportunities to comply or successfully obtain an exemption, prior to sending a boilerplate confirmation that the thing we said would happen, that you acknowledged we said would happen, has happened.
Indeed. Some of it was posted.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Over the past year (plus) I've had so many colleagues I have had to stop the conversation when it swayed into covid territory. I am surprised and somewhat disturbed by how many have gone to the dark side on this. They are all smart capable people that I have enjoyed working with, and suddenly I discover they have a hole in their mind on this subject. Some are more evangelical than others, and really want to engage me. With one exception, I've been able to back out politely and diplomatically. I had to use the nuclear option on the one: stop work, bill for my time, and not reschedule. I would love for all this to be over. It seems fairly permanent now.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:57 am Over the past year (plus) I've had so many colleagues I have had to stop the conversation when it swayed into covid territory. I am surprised and somewhat disturbed by how many have gone to the dark side on this. They are all smart capable people that I have enjoyed working with, and suddenly I discover they have a hole in their mind on this subject. Some are more evangelical than others, and really want to engage me. With one exception, I've been able to back out politely and diplomatically. I had to use the nuclear option on the one: stop work, bill for my time, and not reschedule. I would love for all this to be over. It seems fairly permanent now.
Permanent enough:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/03/health/f ... index.html
The United States might need to update its Covid-19 vaccines each year, according to a trio of top US Food and Drug Administration officials, and “a new normal” may include an annual Covid-19 vaccine alongside a seasonal flu shot.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Off Topic
Ancient mystery solved! (For me at least)

I tried Diet Coke with coffee creamer, a popular drink in Utah...
Up until recently, I had no idea just how popular diet coke with mix-ins was in Utah. While scrolling on TikTok I came across a video by user @toponlinefinds, who has over 2.4 million followers, replying to a comment left by someone confused that she'd put coffee creamer in her Diet Coke in another video she uploaded on January 20.

"People were so confused, and it was so shocking to me," the user, who doesn't use her name on TikTok, says in the clip uploaded on January 28 that has since amassed over 627,000 views. "If you're from Utah, or have visited Utah, it's as common as drinking water there." They did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
I was always mystified why the poots wanted creamer.
ETA wrong forum, I wanted Bundy 411. Still, a poot's a poot. Any poot in a storm...
raison de arizona

Kari Lake is having a "1776 party" in Lake Havasu, AZ tonight. Imma have to figure out what that is.

Assuming he's on the level and not full of crap, there is no way he didn't know that there was a vax restriction when he bought those tickets. Ticket vendors have been dealing with this for a long time now and make clear any restrictions at the time of purchase to avoid angry customers. Also, why not resale? Just to be a knob? Goal achieved!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Whew! The ticket holders of the seats around him have no idea how lucky they are tonight.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:26 pm
A Kari Lake supporter who recently visited Mar-a-Lago burned his family’s Olivia Rodrigo concert tickets worth $3,500 due to the performer’s vaccine requirement.
Assuming he's on the level and not full of crap, there is no way he didn't know that there was a vax restriction when he bought those tickets. Ticket vendors have been dealing with this for a long time now and make clear any restrictions at the time of purchase to avoid angry customers. Also, why not resale? Just to be a knob? Goal achieved!
Winners -

Olivia Rodrigo - still has the money from the ticket sale
Concert venue - still has the money from the ticket sale
Concert attendees - more breathing room

Losers -

The original ticket buyer who is out $3,500.

I dunno - did that ticket holder get $3,500 worth of satisfaction from destroying those tickets? Apparently he has more cents than sense.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Those looked like print-outs of tickets, which means they could still get a refund or print new tickets. Performance art only.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Definitely performance art. Nobody buys tickets at the door. It's all online. He just has to request the refund before the defined time limit, and he may have to forfeit a bit. It's all described in the contract he checked OK to at the time of purchase.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... oronavirus
For refusing to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, three US air force academy cadets won’t be commissioned as military officers, though they will receive college degrees, a spokesperson for the school said Saturday.

Academy spokesperson Dean Miller said in a statement that the three cadets in question won’t be commissioned as air force officers “as long as they remain unvaccinated,” though they would get their bachelor’s of science degrees. The military branch had not decided yet whether to require the trio to reimburse the US for education costs in lieu of service, Miller said.

A fourth cadet who had initially turned down the shot providing protection against Covid-19 ultimately got vaccinated and would graduate with an officer’s commission, Miller added.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... gs-staley/
In March and April of 2020, as the coronavirus spread and people isolated in their homes, a doctor in San Diego boasted that he had his hands on a “miracle cure,” according to prosecutors — hydroxychloroquine.

In mass-marketing emails from his business, Skinny Beach Med Spa, Jennings Ryan Staley said the drug was included in his coronavirus “treatment kits,” despite the medication becoming increasingly scarce. But Staley had a way of getting it, he later told an undercover federal agent. He planned to smuggle in a barrel of hydroxychloroquine powder with the help of a Chinese supplier, prosecutors said.

Staley was sentenced last week to 30 days in prison and a year of home confinement for the scheme. He pleaded guilty last year.

“At the height of the pandemic, before vaccines were available, this doctor sought to profit from patients’ fears,” U.S. Attorney Randy Grossman said in a news release. “He abused his position of trust and undermined the integrity of the entire medical profession.”
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-08/ ... /101135528

A failed South Australian Senate candidate and anti-vaccine protester has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a police officer outside an Adelaide pub.

Key points:
Raina Cruise is accused of assaulting a female police officer
A video tendered in court shows an argument with police and the alleged assault
Her party's website says she regularly attended anti-vaccine rallies
Raina Jane Cruise, 38, appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today charged with assault, before her lawyer entered not guilty pleas on her behalf.

She has been committed to stand trial in the District Court.

During an earlier appearance, police body-worn camera footage was released by the court showing an altercation between Ms Cruise, her co-accused Matthew Stephen Priest and police in October 2021.

snip

Her party received 2,248 votes.

{which is about how many you would expect to get through donkey votes}
raison de arizona

Telegram.
9541372A-D7E2-4E4D-B9FC-3ADB41DC972B.png
9541372A-D7E2-4E4D-B9FC-3ADB41DC972B.png (326.74 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
447084AB-99D0-49D7-A840-587BFCBD49F3.jpeg
447084AB-99D0-49D7-A840-587BFCBD49F3.jpeg (488.37 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 pm Telegram.

9541372A-D7E2-4E4D-B9FC-3ADB41DC972B.png
447084AB-99D0-49D7-A840-587BFCBD49F3.jpeg
re fake covid vaccine pass for the EU (includes Ireland) and some other associated European countries:

Willl totally fail cause the real thing is only available to residents and managed thru online databases with online verification when needed. The European authorities take a dim view if anyone would present a fake certificate and some local forgers have been sent to court. The perpetrators i know of were staff that had been tasked with data entry and thaught they could make a fast buck aside. Buyers of fake certificates were identified thru the data entry log files related to the fraudulent workers, the certificates were cacelled and authorities made visits...

Fake European certificates are esentially worthless outside the EU, and when presented at immigration at the border of certain cooperating third countries will result in some bad awakening.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

There is something amusing about people spending money to avoid getting a free service that would benefit them.

If they get sick, I'm not going to weep.
tek

Post by tek »

here we go again, using VAERS data..
but I guess it helps to reel the suckers in..
raison de arizona

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

And I know they’re in line to be discharged for refusing the vaccine how?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:27 pm And I know they’re in line to be discharged for refusing the vaccine how?
That was my first thought, too.
rossgw

Post by rossgw »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:16 am managed thru online databases with online verification when needed. .
Similar here in Australia, it presents a QR code on my phone that is time stamped.
Dave from down under

Also going into the sovcit thread as he thinks he is a King

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-20/ ... /101254520

A Warrnambool man has admitted to a vicious attack on two police officers, which was sparked by their request for a teenager to put on a mask during one of Victoria's COVID-19 lockdowns.

Key points:
Steven John Cleary assaulted two police officers on October 9, 2021

The officers say they are considering leaving the force as a result of the attack

The court heard Cleary is mentally ill and continues to experience delusions

Steven John Cleary pleaded guilty to several charges in the County Court in Warrnambool today, including assaulting an emergency worker on duty and intentionally causing injury.

In police body-camera footage shown to the court, Senior Constable Rowan Baldam and Constable William Ringin could be seen attempting to stop a 15-year-old who was not wearing a mask, which at the time was mandated by the state government.

:snippity:

The 50-year-old repeatedly refused orders from the officers, telling them several times, "I am king."

"You are a Roman dog, this is an act of war," Cleary told the officers.

"You may not touch me."
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like my neighbor - Army veteran of the Bosnian War on permanent VA diability from a TBI, on some heavy meds, drinks too much, smokes too much weed, has weird germ and touch phobias, and a total PITA to be around when he gets tuned up. He lives with his 80yo mother, and their household is on the local sheriff frequent flyer high mileage program. He gets the champagne service everytime he plays the vet/tbi card.
Dave from down under

Anti-Vaxxers are getting what they desire..

The return of Polio to the 1st world...

noting that the roll out of safe effective vaccines has been handicapped by cost and supply issues as well.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-22/ ... /101262580

Unvaccinated young adult in New York becomes first US polio case in nearly a decade

An unvaccinated young adult from New York recently contracted polio, the first US case in nearly a decade.

Key points:
Investigators are trying to figure out how the patient contracted the virus and whether others were exposed
The patient is from Rockland County, a northern suburb of New York City which has been a centre of vaccine resistance
The last US case of polio was detected in 2013
US health officials said the patient — who lives in Rockland County, New York state, just 56 kilometres from New York City — had developed paralysis.

The person developed symptoms a month ago and had not recently travelled outside the country, county health officials said.

It appears the patient had a vaccine-derived strain of the virus, perhaps from someone who received live vaccine — available in other countries, but not the US — and spread it, officials said.

The person is no longer deemed contagious, but investigators are trying to figure out how the infection occurred and whether other people were exposed to the virus.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks. I posted on this in the New Diseases thread. I was curious about the age of the victim.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”