Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Lani »

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/throughca ... -medicine/
If Any Drug Tested on HEK-293 is Immoral, Goodbye Modern Medicine

The writer provides a long list of medicines tested on HEK-293 and provides his resources.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:31 am
Off Topic
Youtube Shorts

A new Youtube format created with a special tool, clips limited to max 60", in vertical format, as a direct response to TikTok.
What is the point of YouTube Shorts?

YouTube Shorts enables users to produce vertical short-form videos, with features such as video segmenting, app-based recording, and musical overlays. Videos must be 60 seconds or less and do not disappear like Instagram Reels or Stories content.
The Shorts are also listed with a regular video clip id in the authors Videos section.
Shorts link   https:// www.youtube.com/shorts/__4gKWO5UN4
regular link  https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=__4gKWO5UN4
Thank you, my friend!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:32 pm No Azastan, i don't buy that faulty reasoning. It's rather analogous to saying that because I disapprove of Donald Trump and Donald Trump wears shoes, I must not wear shoes.
I don't think anyone is arguing that.

More like they are arguing "I disapprove of Donald Trump; Donald Trump makes shoes; Therefore I will not buy his shoes."

Specifically: "I disapprove of product tests performed with fetal cell lines; Pepsi uses fetal cell testing on their products; Therefore I will not buy Pepsi products." And to be fully adherent, that would include Taco Bell and any other subsidiaries of PepsiCo.

I wonder how far someone can drive without gasoline or diesel?
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Read most of it. As expected, zero possible effects against, or protection from, any sort of virus.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

roadscholar wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:51 am Read most of it. As expected, zero possible effects against, or protection from, any sort of virus.
Could you clarify?
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

All the bio-molecular mechanisms of action described in the article involve how Ivermectin accomplishes de-activation of parasites. AFAIK, it absolutely cannot do anything to confer resistance to COVID, help with recovering from it, nor prevent dying from it.

The point in the original post was that it was studied using fetal cell lines, so anyone objecting to the vaccine on that ground should also eschew Ivermectin. But I read most of the article about its action just in case it revealed anything about anti-viral activity.

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Bupkis. :nope:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
bob

Post by bob »

:roll:

In the replies:

:shock:
Image ImageImage
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Bet they didn’t observe social distancing during sex. Fools.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ve had pretty severe, undiagnosed ADD since childhood. I skipped a grade in elementary (that’s probably one of the reasons math does not compute for me) but was always told i wasn’t ‘living up to my potential’ and i needed to try harder. Not sure, in hindsight, that I could have done anything differently. ADD was not a common diagnosis in the ancient days. It took my stepmom a few years to change the way i thought about myself, but she sat me down several times and told me no, you’re not just like everyone else. You are smart. Not everyone is. She was a teacher for 40 year. A few years ago my doctor prescribed medication. I wish it hadn’t taken 65 years. My life is immeasurably better.

But until this recent round of ridiculousness by the wing nut crowd, I still wasn’t absolutely sure my step mom was right.

I am now.

And it’s a huge problem for the rest of us. This is just the beginning for them. In the past, this crap would have been shut right down because there was no one to back up their bullshit. Now, they have an entire country (Russia), a former president, several “news”/propaganda outlets, and like minded neighbors. Because they have a provincial outlook they won’t look to the rest of the world for examples of how others deal, and they won’t accept anything from other countries (except maybe Russia) as evidence of anything because everyone except Americans are commies.

What’s next?
Sugar is really good for you, don’t listen to science.
Cougar cubs are adorable and friendly. If you get one young enough, they make great pets and wont eat you when they’re grown.
Smoking makes you more attractive.
trump is your friend, he has your best interest foremost in his mind.

Yeah, no.

I’m not sanguine about our future.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I see dead people.jpg
I see dead people.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 752 times
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Ugh, my 37 year old niece in California has a seven year old daughter and she posted this today on Facebook saying to do it for the kids. She and her s/o both had Covid earlier this year and I don’t believe she’s been vaccinated. She seemed hesitant when I saw her last July and I don’t push the issue. Of course her antivax friends are posting a bunch of crap in response. One friend did say he was tired of watching people die that didn’t have to. A few commented that the walkout only hurts the kids when the issue is with the governor.

BTW, major Williams was a candidate in the recent recall election of Gavin Newsom.
Attachments
F51D748D-006C-4A6F-93DB-1777260969FD.jpeg
F51D748D-006C-4A6F-93DB-1777260969FD.jpeg (154.6 KiB) Viewed 741 times
bob

Post by bob »

poplove wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pmBTW, major Williams was a candidate in the recent recall election of Gavin Newsom.
Technically: Williams didn't qualify for the ballot, but was a certified write-in candidate.
Image ImageImage
poplove

Post by poplove »

bob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:32 pm
poplove wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pmBTW, major Williams was a candidate in the recent recall election of Gavin Newsom.
Technically: Williams didn't qualify for the ballot, but was a certified write-in candidate.
Thanks for the clarification, Bob. I had no idea who he was before I googled him today.
bob

Post by bob »

poplove wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 pmI had no idea who he was before I googled him today.
Neither had I. California's "preliminary" results don't show whether Williams actually received any votes; I suspect we'll have to wait until the final report to find out.

Curiously, Major Williams wasn't the only Major campaigning: Major Singh qualified for the ballot.
Image ImageImage
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

bob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:44 pmCuriously, Major Williams wasn't the only Major campaigning: Major Singh qualified for the ballot.
And the guy who got the most votes is a major asshole, so apparently there was a theme.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

That as posted on my NextDoor today, poplove. Very surprised to see the vast majority of responses were along the lines of:

That’s stupid
Here ya go, perfect opportunity to homeschool!
Stop watching OAN.

I was not surprised by the amount of disinformation the anti-vaxxers pushed.
poplove

Post by poplove »

bob wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:44 pm
poplove wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 pmI had no idea who he was before I googled him today.
Neither had I. California's "preliminary" results don't show whether Williams actually received any votes; I suspect we'll have to wait until the final report to find out.

Curiously, Major Williams wasn't the only Major campaigning: Major Singh qualified for the ballot.
Williams changed his first name to Major from Courtney Lapaul in 2018. https://trellis.law/case/ES021336/IN-TH ... L-WILLIAMS
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Sir, you have the freedom to change the carrier you are working for. It's only the airlines with federal contracts that are mandated by this administration to have their staff vaccinated.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Well that's helpful.
Catholic Troops Can Refuse COVID Vaccine, Archbishop Declares
“No one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience,” Broglio wrote.

Catholic U.S. troops should be allowed to refuse the COVID-19 vaccine based solely on conscientious objection and regardless of whether abortion-related tissue was used in its creation or testing, the archbishop for the military declared in a new statement supporting service members who are seeking religious exemptions.

“No one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience,” said Archbishop for the Military Services Timothy P. Broglio, in a statement released Tuesday.

Broglio previously has supported President Joe Biden’s mandatory vaccination order for U.S. troops, citing the church’s guidance that permits Catholics to receive even vaccines derived from fetal tissue, when no other vaccine option is available. In his new statement, the archbishop said that while he still encourages followers and troops to get vaccinated, some troops have questioned if the church’s permission to get vaccinated outweighed their own conscious objections to it.

“It does not,” Broglio wrote.
:snippity:
https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... es/186056/
Ted Lieu
@tedlieu
·
21m
The Archbishop states troops can refuse based on “conscience.” But that’s not the issue. The issue is can you object and still remain in the military. The military already allows for conscientious objectors. But those members also can get discharged. Choices have consequences.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Could be posted in any of several threads but as it begins with Southwest Airlines:

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

covfefe wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:59 am https ://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1447533987770023941?s=21
I made it to second #28 before I hit stop. I've heard this diatribe before, and am growing weary of it. Quoting so many others here on the subject -

"Fukem".
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

At SWA it's more than just the vaccination, the airline management ignored consultation with the pilots association (I guess it's a time issue). Company and pilots are in talks about renewing the contracts. The whole industry is still in recertification of pilots that were furloughed thru covid.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”