Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:08 pm California is not looking that great either.
The majority of Californians live near the coast. There's an east/west conservative/liberal divide, so it is unsurprising the mostly rural parts of the state have higher infection rates.
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We have been low here for a while, and I keep tabs with the county health department, but I think I am seeing a few more people out these days with masks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I hate this trend as citing polls as evidence, especially crappy polls.
Rasmussen Reports @Rasmussen_Poll wrote: "Do you personally know anyone whose death you think may have been caused by side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?"

- YES -
DEM: 33%
IND: 26%
GOP: 26%
ALL ADULTS: 28% 👇

(260M American Adults x .28 = 73M Deaths)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:44 pm I hate this trend as citing polls as evidence, especially crappy polls.
Rasmussen Reports @Rasmussen_Poll wrote: "Do you personally know anyone whose death you think may have been caused by side effects of COVID-19 vaccines?"

- YES -
DEM: 33%
IND: 26%
GOP: 26%
ALL ADULTS: 28% 👇

(260M American Adults x .28 = 73M Deaths)
I don't think so.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

How many people got tricked into answered the question thinking it was about covid, not the vaccine?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Yes, that's one shitty poll reported shittily by a shit polling company. With an idiotic interpretation of the wholly implausible numbers.

I suspect that some RWNJ derived those numbers using a rectal extraction technique. There is no reason to treat them seriously, especially as we know that the number of vaccine-induced (or even vaccine-associated) deaths is very, very, very small. Idiocy, dishonesty, who knows? RWNJs specialize in both!
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

“Died Suddenly” was the anti-Covid vac flick (loaded with emotional content but easily debunked) that was big talking point a few weeks ago.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ronavirus/
It was less than an hour after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field in Cincinnati that Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk decided to blame the injury on coronavirus vaccines.

He was circumspect in doing so, admittedly, offering his opportunistic observation with a wink rather than a shout.

“This is a tragic and all too familiar sight right now,” Kirk wrote on Twitter: “Athletes dropping suddenly.”

To someone outside of the narrative bubble that Kirk inhabits — the bubble Kirk actively inflates — this reads as a sober analysis of some subtle trend. To anyone familiar with Kirk and the right’s efforts to undercut confidence in coronavirus vaccines, though, what he’s saying is very obvious. Which was his point.
I saw this show up on the WaPo comments section almost immediately after it happened last night.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:44 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ronavirus/
It was less than an hour after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field in Cincinnati that Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk decided to blame the injury on coronavirus vaccines.

He was circumspect in doing so, admittedly, offering his opportunistic observation with a wink rather than a shout.

“This is a tragic and all too familiar sight right now,” Kirk wrote on Twitter: “Athletes dropping suddenly.”

To someone outside of the narrative bubble that Kirk inhabits — the bubble Kirk actively inflates — this reads as a sober analysis of some subtle trend. To anyone familiar with Kirk and the right’s efforts to undercut confidence in coronavirus vaccines, though, what he’s saying is very obvious. Which was his point.
I saw this show up on the WaPo comments section almost immediately after it happened last night.
Meanwhile, normal people have donated $5 million to Hamlin's toy drive.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-05/ ... /101828152

Novak Djokovic is set to miss the Indian Wells and Miami Open ATP 1000 events this year if he remains unvaccinated against COVID-19, after United States authorities said non-nationals will need to have taken their shots to enter the country.

Key points:
Former world number one Novak Djokovic will miss two key American tournaments unless he gets COVID-19 vaccinated
The US is keeping COVID vaccine requirements for non-nationals until April 10, with Indian Wells and Miami Open scheduled before then
Djokovic is now world number five, and if he misses the two big tournaments it will make it harder for him to rise up the rankings

A statement from the Transportation Security Administration on Wednesday said the requirement for foreign air travellers to be fully vaccinated against the disease would be in place until April 10.

Indian Wells runs from March 6-19 and the Miami Open from March 20-April 2. Djokovic risks missing the two important hardcourt tournaments if he does not take the vaccine.

The 35-year-old Serb was unable to defend his Australian Open crown last year after being deported on the eve of the hardcourt major due to his unvaccinated status.
Dave from down under

All the usual plus sovcit etc

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-09/ ... /101837150

The trial of former One Nation senator Rod Culleton, who allegedly breached Western Australia's hard border last year, has been adjourned after beginning in farcical circumstances when the accused requested the magistrate take a sobriety test.

Key points:

Rodney Norman Culleton, 58, is fighting the charge that he failed to comply with a direction under the Emergency Management Act
Mr Culleton initially sat as a One Nation senator and then as an independent after the 2016 federal election
He founded the Great Australian Party in 2019 and is now on trial in Western Australia with co-accused Roslyn Jane Stewart
Mr Culleton and his co-accused, 57-year-old Roslyn Jane Stewart, are on trial in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court for allegedly failing to comply with a direction under the Emergency Management Act in March last year.

The charge carries a potential sentence of up to 12 months in jail or a fine of up to $50,000.
Dave from down under

More…

“ In my opinion, you appear not to be sober," Ms Stewart told Magistrate Tavener.

"Can we request a sobriety test?

"You are determining my future and I want to know you're sober."

"Is that something we can request?" Mr Culleton asked.

The magistrate appeared annoyed at the comment but was measured in his response.

"There has to be a filter on what you say in court, Ms Stewart, but it appears you have none," he said.

"Don't insult me again … there is a limit to what I will tolerate."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

"You are determining my future and I want to know you're sober make sure you're ready to pound me into mush."
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I may be a little guy with an Inquisition fetish from a tiny country on the ass end of Europe, but it really does not strike me as a good thing to piss off the Magistrate of your case by calling him a drunk. That strikes me as either a suicidal level of arrogance, or just being suicidal and wanting to have some fun before inevitable death.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I think the plan is to later complain to a higher court that the judge is a mean person and a hater, who didn't treat them fairly because he was intolerably angry at them for no reason at all, when they asked a perfectly innocent, reasonable question.

Good plan, too. I think it's gonna work.

Nobody likes a hater. :thumbsup:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Greatgrey wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:24 pm
Natural selection wins again....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Was she the one that did the talking, or the one that said "Uh huh uh huh uh huh"?
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:58 pm Was she the one that did the talking, or the one that said "Uh huh uh huh uh huh"?
That was my question, too. There is a pic posted of her in the RIP thread, it was the one that did the talking.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I think she’s the one that did the talking.
DJT did not write that. He didn’t blame Chyna or refer to himself. He sounded almost human.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, no, bud, you don’t speak for, frankly, all Americans. I didn’t pay attention to these two, but if they were like other “patriots,” their precious hearts are full of hate and/or greed.
bob

Post by bob »

It is fairly widely stated that Diamond died of COVID. Because it was "reported" that she had been hospitalized for COVID late last year.

But the sourcing does not seem particularly strong for the claim she had been hospitalized for COVID. What's the best source for that? E.g.:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:36 pm But the sourcing does not seem particularly strong for the claim she had been hospitalized for COVID. What's the best source for that?
Dated Nov. 30:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 13846d7926

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”