Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Dave from down under

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Dave from down under »

Novak advise the Border Force officer that he was not vaccinated.

see PDF docs in:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/ ... /100753502

Also - if interested - the process and consideration for decision to cancel/accept a visa is detailed, including those related to Novak the anti-vaxxer and liar (apparently).
bob

Post by bob »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:16 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:18 am
The Georgia conspiracy theorist was fined twice. The Colorado conspiracy theorist was fined once. Andrew Clyde was fined 7 times. Mariannette Miller-Meeks was fined once.
For reference, Andrew "They were just tourists" Clyde's district is next door to Tinfoil-Greed's...
Thanks for the clarification.

Now knowing that, I wish they had gone with "the Georgia tour director" instead of using his name.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Still waiting on the Minister to make his decision..

I'm betting that this:

"The men's world number one will begin his hunt for a historic 21st grand slam title in a first-round clash with fellow Serb Miomir Kecmanovic."

Means that if the Minister can make his decision with less risk of claims on Anti Serbian bias.. so long as he makes his decision before the match.
(If he did and Nokak's visa was cancelled and Novak was taken into custody, then IIRC Novak would forfeit the match and Miomir would make it through to the next round)

Not that any such consideration would influence the Ministers decision :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Lani

Post by Lani »

I hope he gets tossed out. Lied on his application. Blames his team & coach. Knew he had covid and spread it around. Or he didn't have covid and lied about that to get out of having to be vaccinated.

To let him stomp on the safety measures and be allowed to stay is an insult to Aussies. Also, it would empower anti-vaxers.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I understand that cancelling the visa and deporting the guy means the guy is also banned from entering the country for another three years. Sounds harsh on the economics of the tennis tournament. But I wonder if the guy gets kicked out now, if he can apply for reconsideration of the ban when he requests a visa next year when tourmoil has cooled down.
Dave from down under

My understanding is..

If Novak left before the Minister exercises his discretion, then Novak could re-enter in the future (amusing that his next application isn't fraudulent).

However if the Minister cancels his visa, he cannot apply for another visa for 3 years.
Dave from down under

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/cancelling-a-visa

Only the Minister or a delegate of the Minister can grant, refuse or cancel a visa which can be discretionary, mandatory or by operation of law. In some circumstances, you can ask us to cancel your visa.

If we refuse or cancel your visa, you might be able to request a review of our decision. You cannot appeal a decision if it was made by the minister personally.

The independent Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) is responsible for reviewing departmental decisions including visa cancellation decisions.

Cancellation of your visa might also bar you from making further visa applications or prevent you from being granted certain visas to travel to, enter or stay in Australia .
Dave from down under

Time to dive into:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2019C00339

Migration Act 1958
No. 62, 1958
Compilation No. 147

Section 109 Cancellation of visa if information incorrect

(1) The Minister, after:

(a) deciding under section 108 that there was non‑compliance by the holder of a visa; and

(b) considering any response to the notice about the non‑compliance given in a way required by paragraph 107(1)(b); and

(c) having regard to any prescribed circumstances;

may cancel the visa.

(2) If the Minister may cancel a visa under subsection (1), the Minister must do so if there exist circumstances declared by the regulations to be circumstances in which a visa must be cancelled.

:snippity:

Section 111 Cancellation provisions apply whether or not non‑compliance deliberate

To avoid doubt, sections 107, 108 and 109 apply whether the non‑compliance was deliberate or inadvertent.

Section 116 Power to cancel

(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), the Minister may cancel a visa if he or she is satisfied that:

(a) the decision to grant the visa was based, wholly or partly, on a particular fact or circumstance that is no longer the case or that no longer exists; or

(aa) the decision to grant the visa was based, wholly or partly, on the existence of a particular fact or circumstance, and that fact or circumstance did not exist; or

(b) its holder has not complied with a condition of the visa; or

(c) another person required to comply with a condition of the visa has not complied with that condition; or

(d) if its holder has not entered Australia or has so entered but has not been immigration cleared—it would be liable to be cancelled under Subdivision C (incorrect information given by holder) if its holder had so entered and been immigration cleared; or

(e) the presence of its holder in Australia is or may be, or would or might be, a risk to:

(i) the health, safety or good order of the Australian community or a segment of the Australian community; or

(ii) the health or safety of an individual or individuals; or

(f) the visa should not have been granted because the application for it or its grant was in contravention of this Act or of another law of the Commonwealth; or

(fa) in the case of a student visa:

(i) its holder is not, or is likely not to be, a genuine student; or

(ii) its holder has engaged, is engaging, or is likely to engage, while in Australia, in conduct (including omissions) not contemplated by the visa; or

(g) a prescribed ground for cancelling a visa applies to the holder.

(1AA) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), the Minister may cancel a visa if he or she is not satisfied as to the visa holder’s identity.

(1AB) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), the Minister may cancel a visa (the current visa) if he or she is satisfied that:

(a) incorrect information was given, by or on behalf of the person who holds the current visa, to:

(i) an officer; or

(ii) an authorised system; or

(iii) the Minister; or

(iv) any other person, or a tribunal, performing a function or purpose under this Act; or

(v) any other person or body performing a function or purpose in an administrative process that occurred or occurs in relation to this Act; and

(b) the incorrect information was taken into account in, or in connection with, making:

(i) a decision that enabled the person to make a valid application for a visa; or

(ii) a decision to grant a visa to the person; and

(c) the giving of the incorrect information is not covered by Subdivision C.

This subsection applies whenever the incorrect information was given and whether the visa referred to in subparagraph (b)(i) or (ii) is the current visa or a previous visa that the person held.

Section 133A Minister’s personal powers to cancel visas on section 109 grounds

Action by Minister—natural justice applies

(1) If a notice was given under section 107 to the holder of a visa in relation to a ground for cancelling the visa under section 109, and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or the former Migration Review Tribunal or former Refugee Review Tribunal, or a delegate of the Minister:

(a) decided that the ground did not exist; or

(b) decided not to exercise the power in subsection 109(1) to cancel the visa (despite the existence of the ground);

the Minister may set aside that decision and cancel the visa, if:

(c) the Minister considers that the ground exists; and

(d) the visa holder does not satisfy the Minister that the ground does not exist; and

(e) the Minister is satisfied that it would be in the public interest to cancel the visa.

Note: The grounds for cancellation under section 109 are non‑compliance with section 101, 102, 103, 104 or 105.

(2) The procedure set out in Subdivision C does not apply to a decision under subsection (1).

Action by Minister—natural justice does not apply

(3) The Minister may cancel a visa held by a person who has been immigration cleared (whether or not because of that visa) if:

(a) the Minister is satisfied that a ground for cancelling the visa under section 109 exists; and

(b) the Minister is satisfied that it would be in the public interest to cancel the visa.

Note: The grounds for cancellation under section 109 are non‑compliance with section 101, 102, 103, 104 or 105.

(4) The rules of natural justice, and the procedure set out in Subdivision C, do not apply to a decision under subsection (3).

(5) The Minister may cancel a visa under subsection (3) whether or not:

(a) the visa holder was given a notice under section 107 in relation to the ground for cancelling the visa; or

(b) the visa holder responded to any such notice; or

(c) the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or the former Migration Review Tribunal or former Refugee Review Tribunal, or a delegate of the Minister:

(i) decided that the ground did not exist; or

(ii) decided not to exercise the power in subsection 109(1) to cancel the visa (despite the existence of the ground).

(6) If a decision was made as mentioned in paragraph (5)(c), the power under subsection (3) to cancel a visa is a power to set aside that decision and cancel the visa.

Minister’s exercise of power

(7) The power in subsection (1) or (3) may only be exercised by the Minister personally.

(8) The Minister does not have a duty to consider whether to exercise the power in subsection (1) or (3), whether or not the Minister is requested to do so, or in any other circumstances.

(9) Subsection 138(4) does not prevent the Minister setting aside a decision of a Tribunal or a delegate and cancelling a visa in accordance with this section.

None of that answers the 3 year issue..
because I'm lazy I'll just trust the media reports about that..
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I shudder to think of all the horrors that crawl and creep around down there in Oz, but I am extremely grateful for you and Keith and any other Ozzies we have here. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20220113_052150.jpg
Image Image Image Image
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

‘I felt like a criminal’: Renata Voracova on being kicked out of Australia

The Czech doubles player Renata Voracova, who was deported from Australia after her visa was cancelled, has spoken of how she “felt like a criminal” and was made to undress by the Australia Border Force during questioning.

Voracova had initially been allowed to enter Australia on a medical exemption granted after she had an adverse reaction to a Covid infection and even played in a tournament in Melbourne.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... SApp_Other
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:37 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:36 amWe don't want to know what's worse than drinking your own piss
Bud Light.*

You're welcome.

* Warm, of course; chilling it kills the medicinal qualities.
Coors Light chaser .. er .. I mean booster. Followed by a bleach aperitif to cleanse the palate.
filly

Post by filly »

Grocery store trip this morning. Surprising that there was about 90 percent mask compliance. I try to get in and out very quickly. But in the dairy section, two spread necks, husband and wife, about 70, unmasked. The guy had a big old gut. Kept trying to get away from them but they would follow and linger near me. The old lady says (wanting to grab something) " excuse me." I almost never confront these idiots but with all that's gone on recently I said "Wear a GODDAMN mask." She replies "Oh!" seemingly shocked that anyone would call her out.

So I try to avoid these morons, but they are in every frozen food aisle I need stuff from. The old man tried giving me the stink eye but I am the wrong person for that because I can stink eye better than anybody.

We go to check out and who is at the register with masks on but these two. Incredible stupidity.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

filly wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:49 pm Grocery store trip this morning. Surprising that there was about 90 percent mask compliance. I try to get in and out very quickly. But in the dairy section, two spread necks, husband and wife, about 70, unmasked. The guy had a big old gut. Kept trying to get away from them but they would follow and linger near me. The old lady says (wanting to grab something) " excuse me." I almost never confront these idiots but with all that's gone on recently I said "Wear a GODDAMN mask." She replies "Oh!" seemingly shocked that anyone would call her out.

So I try to avoid these morons, but they are in every frozen food aisle I need stuff from. The old man tried giving me the stink eye but I am the wrong person for that because I can stink eye better than anybody.

We go to check out and who is at the register with masks on but these two. Incredible stupidity.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

The thread is interesting.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

LM K wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:26 pm https://twitter.com/francismmaxwell/sta ... 5_cA&s=19
The thread is interesting.
Excellent point. Neither of them are white men. People should go after the sponsors that line Djokovic's pockets to the tune of $30M/yr too, if you ask me.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:38 am My understanding is..

If Novak left before the Minister exercises his discretion, then Novak could re-enter in the future (amusing that his next application isn't fraudulent).

However if the Minister cancels his visa, he cannot apply for another visa for 3 years.
Freudian slip but it works for me.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
LM K

Post by LM K »

Sask. mom pleads for public's help after 7-year-old daughter taken to unknown location by anti-vaccine dad
A Regina mother says her ex-husband took her daughter to an undisclosed location two months ago because he doesn't want the girl to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

Mariecar Jackson is pleading for the public's help in locating the seven-year-old, who she last saw in mid-November. She said she fears for her daughter's mental health and her physical safety.

Mariecar wanted to get her daughter vaccinated against COVID-19. The father did not. After disappearing, he went on an online talk show from an undisclosed location to air his views.

The girl was due back in Regina after a visit with her father in mid-November, but was not returned. Mariecar spoke to her daughter by phone on Nov. 21. That was their last contact, Mariecar said.

Father makes video appearance on talk show

Saskatchewan judges have issued two court orders demanding the girl be returned to her mother immediately.

The father did appear last week via video from an undisclosed location on the web-based talk show Live with Laura Lynn. The host repeatedly expressed support for the father's actions. They exchanged unsubstantiated and disproven stories about COVID-19 vaccines for nearly 45 minutes. Michael said he "had to protect" the girl from the vaccine.

"Even if there's a one in a million chance that your daughter could, not even die, but there's a one in a million chance she couldn't have a baby, wouldn't that be enough?"
he said.

'Mommy will never stop looking for you'

The host then asked the father if his daughter wants to get the vaccine. He pointed the computer camera at the seven-year-old girl.

"It can change your DNA. I don't believe God wants me to. And it can make you sick and kill you," the girl said.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

That's quite horrible, that poor girl. That poor mother. :crying:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

:brickwallsmall:

Done! :towel:
Image ImageImage
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we lost a great teacher to covid

She died yesterday while on a vent
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:17 pm https://twitter.com/CarlGallups/status/1481744963633299466
:brickwallsmall:

https://twitter.com/CarlGallups/status/1481778082256195591
Done! :towel:
Yeah.. THAT’s the reason my colleagues are leaving the bedside. Nice spin, Brocephus. :bored: To be clear, my response was not directed at Bob. Just the tweets he posted.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 pm we lost a great teacher to covid

She died yesterday while on a vent
:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Djokovic faces deportation after Australia revokes visa
Fri, January 14, 2022, 8:04 AM

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Tennis star Novak Djokovic faces deportation again after the Australian government revoked his visa for a second time.

Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said Friday he used his ministerial discretion to revoke the 34-year-old Serb’s visa on public interest grounds three days before the Australian Open is to begin.

Djokovic’s lawyers are expected to appeal the cancelation in the Federal Circuit and Family Court as they successfully did after the first cancellation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/djokovic-f ... 08529.html
Lani

Post by Lani »

:cheer2: :kickface: :cheer2: :blissy:

Calling my Aussie family now to celebrate!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”