Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:39 pm
bob wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:36 pm But the sourcing does not seem particularly strong for the claim she had been hospitalized for COVID. What's the best source for that?
Dated Nov. 30:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 13846d7926
The source is the other one.
On Saturday, her sister Rochelle Richardson, aka Silk, logged into Twitter to request prayers for her sister who is fighting the good fight against COVID.

“Anyone who believes in the power of prayer please pray for Diamond,” Richardson wrote
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:39 pm Dated Nov. 30:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 13846d7926
Exactly the problem:
Hardaway, better known as Diamond, is a republican widely known for being one of Donald Trump’s “most loyal supporters” during his campaign and presidency. On Saturday, her sister Rochelle Richardson, aka Silk, logged into Twitter to request prayers for her sister who is fighting the good fight against COVID.

“Anyone who believes in the power of prayer please pray for Diamond,” Richardson wrote on her sister’s Twitter page to update fans.
Silk said Diamond had been hospitalized; the article inferred it was from COVID. Silk never said anything about COVID.

And MSN was just republishing an article from Blavity, which isn't what I would call hard journalism.

To be clear: It seems quite plausible; I'm just looking for better sourcing.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, bob is right, that tweet doesn't exactly say COVID.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

In November 2022, the duo's Twitter handle asked their followers to pray for Hardaway's recovery but did not specify what she was suffering from. She returned to her show the following month and rubbished online speculations that she was in the hospital because of coronavirus and dubbed it "fake news."
:bag:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

https://twitter.com/HeartlandSignal/sta ... 9965903872
Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal
Newly elected Minnesota State Sen. Nathan Wesenberg (R) suggests jailing Gov. Tim Walz (D) over COVID-19 mandates and refers to the vaccine as "a death shot" in one of his first public speeches since his election.

5:35 PM · Jan 9, 2023
► Show Spoiler
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

There are a few vaccines, right?
The mRNA ones seem to be spotlighted as being dangerous, but they don’t therefore prefer traditional vaccines. There is just so much Covid-was-a-hoax inertia that they can’t seem to compartmentalize.

That said, over the past few days I have had a decent discussion on Twitter with an anti-mRNA vaccine person who was stating that mRNA is a “gene” and that mRNA vaccines are gene therapy.
I laid out a fairly long thread explaining the science and concepts, and not surprisingly, he disagreed. But, surprisingly he gave a link to a fairly long overview of the mRNA techniques in general and how each step worked.
There was an instance of mRNA being a type of gene therapy, but it was very very particular with a Cas9-mRNA used in concert with single-strand mRNA guiding sequence with alterations in the non-coding region to help it resist natural digestion by the cell etc. In short, nothing even similar to the vaccine mRNA to make viral epitopes.
The only other cited type of “gene therapy” was a fairly ineffectual method of using mRNA complementary sequences as short-interfering RNA to ameliorate protein production from other endogenous mRNA.

There is so much to be explored with this technology—yet, it’s far from leading to magic bullets.
The methods of having the exogenous mRNA imported into the cell, transported to the cellular compartments that would make use of it, lengthening its lifespan in the cellular matrix, etc are complicated but in an area of my studies (retrograde transport via clathrin) and I can see some potential areas where metabolic disorders like diabetes, pre-diabetes, etc may be linked to cell states that would provide lower efficacy for these methods.

In short, it still isn’t “gene therapy” and is not altering one’s DNA.
bob

Post by bob »

Nb.: Silk said "where's your proof?", not that Diamond didn't die from COVID.

I know grieving is weird and difficult, but rarely I have seen it manifest as defamation threats.

See also:

Bonus: Newsweek: Was Lynette Hardaway's Cause of Death COVID? What We Know, What We Don't:
Newsweek has contacted Diamond and Silk for comment.
:shock:
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-12/ ... /101846926

British MP Andrew Bridgen has been expelled from the ruling Conservative party for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines, following a comparison to the Holocaust.

Key points:
Senior members of the government, including the prime minister, condemned Mr Bridgen's misinformation and anti-Semitism
Mr Bridgen apologised for the reference to the Holocaust, but doubled down on the vaccine misinformation
Mr Bridgen has recieved the COVID-19 vaccine and was a proponent of it until recently

The chief whip, or head of party discipline, Simon Hart, condemned the remarks made by the North West Leicestershire MP as he announced his removal from the party.

"Andrew Bridgen has crossed a line, causing great offence in the process," said Mr Hart said.

"Misinformation about the vaccine causes harm and costs lives. I am therefore removing the whip from Andrew Bridgen with immediate effect, pending a formal investigation."
bob

Post by bob »

Again , grief is weird, but someone close to her ought to take phone away for a while.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

US kindergarten vaccination rate dropped again, data shows

https://apnews.com/article/health-immun ... 87511387f2
Vaccination rates for U.S. kindergarteners dropped again last year, and federal officials are starting a new campaign to try to bring them up.

Usually, 94% to 95% of kindergarteners are vaccinated against measles, tetanus and certain other diseases. The vaccination rates dropped below 94% in the 2020-2021 school year, during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study released Thursday found rates dropped again in the 2021-2022 school year, to about 93%.

The pandemic disrupted vaccinations and other routine health care for children, and also taxed the ability of school administrators and nurses to track which children weren’t up-to-date on shots. CDC officials said decreased confidence in vaccines is another likely contributor.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

At least Silk has moved up to implying Diamond didn't die of COVID.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Uh-huh, That's Right!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I'm sensing she may have moved past shock and denial, to anger ... and greed.

I think maybe I'm getting older. I don't remember greed being on the list, in the previous century. I always thought it was
  • Shock.
  • Denial.
  • Anger.
  • Bargaining.
  • Depression.
  • Reconstruction.
  • Acceptance.

And I don't mean to make light of the process, because I have gone through it, like so many people here, and it is NOT FUN. Or funny.

But these right-wing trash who put greed way up on the list are not fully human, IMHO. I can't even imagine trying to profit from the death of a loved one. For these folks, they can't imagine not trying to make a fast buck, when a sibling dies.

I think I'd be too upset to tweet the F word and threaten people and be hiring lawyers to sue and stuff. I mean, it's not like she was a victim of a mass shooting. But that's just me.
:oldman:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

I thought that Diamond had been admitted to the hospital with Covid in November. None of us know if that was her cause of death but now Silk is denying that Diamond ever had Covid? :roll: :roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:26 pm ... but now Silk is denying that Diamond ever had Covid? :roll: :roll:
No, she's not directly denying it. But she's gonna sue you for saying it's true. And it's none of your business. :lol:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/18/politics ... index.html
Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday announced a policy proposal banning many pandemic mitigation efforts involving mask mandates and vaccine requirements in the state.

The proposal would permanently prohibit Covid-19 vaccine passports in Florida, prohibit Florida schools from instituting Covid-19 vaccine or mask requirements, forbid businesses in the state from requiring masks and bar “employers from hiring or firing based on mRNA jabs.”

“When the world lost its mind, Florida was a refuge of sanity, serving strongly as freedom’s linchpin,” DeSantis said in a news release. “These measures will ensure Florida remains this way and will provide landmark protections for free speech for medical practitioners.”

DeSantis has been an outspoken critic of most Covid-19 pandemic mitigation measures. In December, he asked the Florida Supreme Court to approve an investigation of “any and all wrongdoing in Florida with respect to Covid-19 vaccines.”

In the petition filed with the court, the Republican governor requested the empaneling of a grand jury to investigate a broad group of entities associated with the development, distribution and promotion of the vaccines, including pharmaceutical manufacturers and their executive officers, as well as medical associations.
Cross posting in DeSantis thread.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Are Americans Being Poisoned?’: Diamond’s Memorial Goes Off the Rails
“People are dropping dead around here, and nobody is talking about it!” Silk said at her sister’s celebration of life ceremony. “They are dropping dead suddenly and unexpectedly.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/are-ameri ... rm=Weekend
Trumpworld figures converged at Lynnette “Diamond” Hardaway’s remembrance ceremony on Saturday afternoon to celebrate the life of the pro-Trump pundit who died suddenly at 51—but the memorial took a dark turn as her sister suggested a nefarious plot behind her death.

Diamond’s sister—half of the “Diamond and Silk” duo—Rochelle “Silk” Richardson addressed the crowd at the Crown Theatre in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and appeared to fall back into her old anti-vaxxer ways.

“Instead of asking if Americans are vaxxed or unvaxxed, the real question to ask is: Are Americans being poisoned?” she asked the pro-Trump crowd filled with friends and family.

“In the wild, when they want to depopulate and sterilize a large group of animals, they usually inject one animal, and that one animal infect the rest of the animals,” Silk said, suggesting, without evidence, that the COVID-19 vaccine creates harm. “People are dropping dead around here, and nobody is talking about it! They are dropping dead suddenly and unexpectedly.”

According to fact-checkers and researchers, there is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines cause people to die. And despite far-right pundits amplifying the phrase “died suddenly” on social media with videos of people having seizures to support their theory, the claim isn’t supported by science.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Going back and watching it again, Silk is clearly going with the “shedding” conspiracy. She is saying that Diamond was “poisoned” by coming into contact with vaccinated people, with Donald Trump sitting right next to her.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Is she implying that the shedding was from covid vaccinated people, eg Diamond did actually die from covid or its side effects?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

She's not saying Diamond died from covid.

She died from the vax.

Somebody shedded on her cornflakes or sumpin'.

Very plausible. :think: It would be irresponsible not to speculate.
Edit: Until the vax gets me, I make it a point not to shed on anybody's cornflakes. That's just how I roll. :batting:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I thought this "Shedding" shit was that people who had the Vaccination could still shed Covid, therefore she is saying that Bilk must have got Covid from someone who is vaccinated.

You know, this was leaving out that the same study said that people who are not vaccinated shed Covid in vastly greater amounts.
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:50 pm I thought this "Shedding" shit was that people who had the Vaccination could still shed Covid, therefore she is saying that Bilk must have got Covid from someone who is vaccinated.

You know, this was leaving out that the same study said that people who are not vaccinated shed Covid in vastly greater amounts.
Nope. Standard page from the anti-vaxxer playbook pre-dating Covid. Claim a vaccine sheds, with the implication that it is deadlier than the virus, or at least more widespread. The insidious part of this is that there actually are some vaccines, most notably the oral polio vaccine, that do shed, and in the case of polio it has led to circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus (cVDPV).
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:50 pm I thought this "Shedding" shit was that people who had the Vaccination could still shed Covid, therefore she is saying that Bilk must have got Covid from someone who is vaccinated.

It was Zirconia that shuffled loose the mortal coil....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Silk also recalled her sister’s final moments: “She said to me, ‘I can’t breathe.’ It was something out of nowhere, and no warning… Each breath was less, and less, and less.”

“What I want to say to everybody is don’t you dare call me a conspiracy theorist. Because I saw it happen. I saw how it happened. I was there when it happened, and it happened suddenly,” she said, urging the crowd to “get some answers as to why people are falling dead suddenly.”
You know, an autopsy might have answered her concerns.

Foggy, your lt. governor was featured. So proud.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:26 pm
Silk also recalled her sister’s final moments: “She said to me, ‘I can’t breathe.’ It was something out of nowhere, and no warning… Each breath was less, and less, and less.”

“What I want to say to everybody is don’t you dare call me a conspiracy theorist. Because I saw it happen. I saw how it happened. I was there when it happened, and it happened suddenly,” she said, urging the crowd to “get some answers as to why people are falling dead suddenly.”
You know, an autopsy might have answered her concerns.

Foggy, your lt. governor was featured. So proud.
Sounds to me like the case of a lung emboli. If we speculate about a past covid infection this could have been a following event. And yes, lung embolis happen suddenly. Did Silk ever think of calling the ambulance?

“get some answers as to why people are falling dead suddenly.”

eg like people getting shot in the streets and at home :?: :twisted:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”