Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
tek

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by tek »

If I were inclined to profanity, I'd say "fuck him"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:36 am Well that's helpful.
Catholic Troops Can Refuse COVID Vaccine, Archbishop Declares
“No one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience,” Broglio wrote.
:snippity:
In his new statement, the archbishop said that while he still encourages followers and troops to get vaccinated, some troops have questioned if the church’s permission to get vaccinated outweighed their own conscious objections to it.

“It does not,” Broglio wrote.
If these folks had conscious objections the Pope's permission should wipe that out as their objections are usually voiced as objections to the whole fetal stem thing. They don't have conscious objections, they have political objections and as is normal with some American archbishops right now, they are more interested in playing politics than playing pastor.

Nobody is forcing them to get the vaccine. They are just being told, they cannot serve in the military without getting it.

Oh and looky at all the current requirements for vaccines to serve in various theaters. It includes NORTHCOM which is essentially, the United States.

https://www.health.mil/MHSHome/Military ... OR#AFRICOM

The COVID vaccine objection in the military is BS. They are not objecting to Polio or the annual flu shot which is also required.
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:36 am Well that's helpful.
Catholic Troops Can Refuse COVID Vaccine, Archbishop Declares
“No one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience,” Broglio wrote.
And yet the Pope has addressed this very clearly.

Dec 21, 2020: Note on the morality of using
some anti-Covid-19 vaccines:
"...it is morally acceptable to receive COVID-19 vaccines..."

"All vaccinations recognized as clinically safe and effective can be used in good conscience..."
IMG_13102021_115812_(900_x_900_pixel).png
IMG_13102021_115812_(900_x_900_pixel).png (377.21 KiB) Viewed 816 times
IMG_13102021_115907_(900_x_900_pixel).png
IMG_13102021_115907_(900_x_900_pixel).png (345.58 KiB) Viewed 816 times

Jan 11, 2021:
[url]I believe that morally everyone must take the vaccine..."

"It is the moral choice because it is about your life but also the lives of others."

"...but today people must take the vaccine..."

Sept 15, 2021: Get vaccinated and help others get vaccinated.
Being vaccinated with vaccines authorized by the competent authorities is an act of love. And contributing to ensure the majority of people are vaccinated is an act of love," he said. "Vaccination is a simple but profound way of promoting the common good and caring for each other, especially the most vulnerable."
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

LM K wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:10 pm Jan 11, 2021:
I believe that morally everyone must take the vaccine..."

"It is the moral choice because it is about your life but also the lives of others."

"...but today people must take the vaccine..."

Sept 15, 2021: Get vaccinated and help others get vaccinated.
Being vaccinated with vaccines authorized by the competent authorities is an act of love. And contributing to ensure the majority of people are vaccinated is an act of love," he said. "Vaccination is a simple but profound way of promoting the common good and caring for each other, especially the most vulnerable."
Wow, it sounds an awful lot like you are calling the Archbishop of the U.S. Armed Forced immoral.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

Being vaccinated with vaccines authorized by the competent authorities is an act of love. And contributing to ensure the majority of people are vaccinated is an act of love," he said. "Vaccination is a simple but profound way of promoting the common good and caring for each other, especially the most vulnerable.
Love? Caring for each other? ESPECIALLY THE MOST VULNERABLE??!?

I think I see the problem here.
raison de arizona

See, I think there should be repercussions for these Archbishops and their elk who contradict the Pope. Like, you want to refuse communion to Biden after the FREAKING POPE said different, you want to deny life saving vaccines after (once again) the FREAKING POPE said different, then how about you find a church that supports your wack-a-doodle beliefs and move on? Or he could call them home for remedial education. I dunno. I'm probably inviting a hijack here (oops) because I Don't Understand How These Things Work, but it really burns my britches that these holy men get away with this and don't get called out on the carpet and corrected to the church's POV.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 pm See, I think there should be repercussions for these Archbishops and their elk who contradict the Pope. Like, you want to refuse communion to Biden after the FREAKING POPE said different, you want to deny life saving vaccines after (once again) the FREAKING POPE said different, then how about you find a church that supports your wack-a-doodle beliefs and move on? Or he could call them home for remedial education. I dunno. I'm probably inviting a hijack here (oops) because I Don't Understand How These Things Work, but it really burns my britches that these holy men get away with this and don't get called out on the carpet and corrected to the church's POV.
Well the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is the descendent of the Roman Inquisition....just sayn'.... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was not expecting that.

Oops, wrong era.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:56 pm I was not expecting that.

Oops, wrong era.
:rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Well, I hardly want to be onboard with calling for an inquisition, but screw these ultra-conservative American Archbishops that keep going against the Pope. They certainly aren't helping the church expand or grow. Or helping anything else for that matter, beyond placating a bunch of nutters.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:00 pm Well, I hardly want to be onboard with calling for an inquisition, but screw these ultra-conservative American Archbishops that keep going against the Pope. They certainly aren't helping the church expand or grow. Or helping anything else for that matter, beyond placating a bunch of nutters.
Like their evangelical counterparts, thier nutters tend to be both loyal and donate heavily to the church. Like all politicians, they are simply responding to the political realities of their position.. meaning the root of the blame comes down to the congregations and the institutions (like the many hospital systems)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... /100533564

Scientists talking about COVID-19 are copping widespread abuse and death threats, survey finds
ABC Science / By Anna Salleh

The survey of scientists in New Zealand, the UK, Germany, Canada, and Taiwan was triggered by a smaller study of Australian scientists by the Australian Science Media Centre, also published in Nature.

Overall, the Australian survey found that 31 of the 50 respondents reported some level of trolling.

And one in five respondents had received death threats and/or threats of physical or sexual violence after speaking to the media about COVID-19.

While the surveys found scientists have had mostly positive experiences with the media, the abuse is having a chilling effect.

About 40 per cent of the Australian scientists and 60 per cent of international scientists say the attacks attacks have impacted their willingness to speak to the media in the future.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Luis Ewing update. He survived the "biological weapon" and is home.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.69 KiB) Viewed 700 times
tek

Post by tek »

Actually, he's right.
COVID-19 *is* a biological weapon.

What he misses is that it is a weapon wielded by nature.

We homo sapiens have spent most of our existence fighting against (and doing great harm to) nature.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:51 pm Well the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is the descendent of the Roman Inquisition....just sayn'.... :shrug:
So is the US Court System, which was based on the adversarial system the Inquisition worked by.

But on the wider point there is actually very little the church can do when a bishop goes off the rails. The Pope is very much constrained by the bureaucracy of the Vatican, but Bishops run their own little fiefdoms and can basically tell the Pope to take a hike on administrative matters.

The Catholic church is not the Pyramid of Authority like popular belief might indicate, but is more like wheel with different spokes connected by the Pope in the center. People like the LDS Prophet has far more direct control. The only direct control the Pope has is deciding who gets promoted to Cardinal. There are not many direct sanctions the Pope can level.
Hic sunt dracones
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

That crazy Alaska state senator got the covid. Of course she is deworming herself.
Two Republican state senators in Alaska have tested positive for COVID-19 and one has been leveraging her platform on Facebook to tout a cocktail of vitamins and ivermectin as a miracle cure while railing against recommendations by public health officials.

“Its my turn to battle Covid head on... game on!” Republican state Sen. Lora Reinbold wrote on Facebook on Tuesday night. “When I defeat it, I will tell you my recipe.”

Sen. David Wilson also tested positive and was managing minor symptoms. A third lawmaker, Sen. Click Bishop, tested negative in a first test after feeling sick, Anchorage Daily News reported.

On Tuesday night, Reinbold complained on Facebook that she was “completely unimpressed” with instructions she’d supposedly been given to take Tylenol after testing positive, alleging it was a “bad recipe” from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Department of Health. (The CDC website says a patient’s supervising doctor might recommend ibuprofen to reduce fever, but the agency does not offer formal instructions on treatment).

She claimed she was taking matters into her own hands and was using a Vicks steamer while downing a slew of vitamins, zinc, aspirin and the parasitic drug ivermectin, which has not been proven to treat COVID.

“I am blessed to have gotten Ivirmectin [sic] the ‘de -covider,’” she added, promising those following along on social media that she would provide periodic updates and stay out of the hospital. “Some of them seem like scary places these days,” she wrote. :snippity:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-mask ... roven-meds
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It's a wonder some of these people can put one foot in front of the other each morning. :confuzzled:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K

Post by LM K »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:51 pm Well the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is the descendent of the Roman Inquisition....just sayn'.... :shrug:
So is the US Court System, which was based on the adversarial system the Inquisition worked by.

But on the wider point there is actually very little the church can do when a bishop goes off the rails. The Pope is very much constrained by the bureaucracy of the Vatican, but Bishops run their own little fiefdoms and can basically tell the Pope to take a hike on administrative matters.

The Catholic church is not the Pyramid of Authority like popular belief might indicate, but is more like wheel with different spokes connected by the Pope in the center. People like the LDS Prophet has far more direct control. The only direct control the Pope has is deciding who gets promoted to Cardinal. There are not many direct sanctions the Pope can level.
Good points, Suranis.

I'm absolutely not arguing that there should be sanctions.

I think it's brilliant that Pope Francis and the Vatican has repeatedly encouraged that the faithful get vaccinated and help other get vaccinated.

Protestants don't have an official hierarchy of leadership. Catholicism has an elaborate leadership structure.

Pope Francis has been so consistent about covid vaccines. If vaccination is an act of love, a morally responsible act, life affirming, etc, why are there so many Catholics opposed to vaccination?

Essentially, Pope Francis and the Vatican are encouraging the faithful to avoid the greater evil ... dying unnecessarily and spreading a potentially fatal disease.

I don't want to go down the abortion rabbit hole here. My thoughts are about the role of the Pope and responsibilities the faithful to following the Pope.
LM K

Post by LM K »

scirreeve wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:19 pm That crazy Alaska state senator got the covid. Of course she is deworming herself.

“I am blessed to have gotten Ivirmectin [sic] the ‘de -covider,’” she added, promising those following along on social media that she would provide periodic updates and stay out of the hospital. “Some of them seem like scary places these days,” she wrote. :snippity:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-mask ... roven-meds
The more time Reinhold spends pooping is less time she spends governing.

Give that woman as much Ivermectin as possible!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm
That is completely false. The US Court System is NOT descended from the "Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Roman and Universal Inquisition" AND the the inquisition worked by (wait for it...) the "inquisitorial system". Frater's comment is true but only if by "descendant" you mean the exact same thing in all particulars other than the name.

If you are unclear about the differences between the adversarial system as used in the United States, and the inquisitorial system as used in the Roman Catholic Church, you might try this link : https://moodle.pmaclism.catholic.edu.au ... p?id=13369 (a moodle learning page from a Catholic School: MacKillop College, Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia)

Further comments on the history of "The Inquisition" and on Papal authority to dismiss Bishops is hidden in the off topic spoiler section below.
Off Topic
► Show Spoiler
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, that was a whole load of Froth and spittle.

Throwing on the spoiler tag because the "who cares" factor is high.
► Show Spoiler
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Another one bites the dust.
Rob Skiba, 52, Dallas, TX, Author, Evangelical Flat-earther, Anti-vaxxer, dead from COVID.
UPDATE (10/14/21): Rob Skiba has passed away from COVID. More below.

Original Post (9/27/21):

According to social media posts, Rob has COVID and is in the ICU on a ventilator. Rob is author and is seen as a leader in the evangelical flat-earth society. So, OF COURSE, he's an anti-vaxxer. Most conspiracy theorists theories don't come back to haunt them which is the nice thing about being a conspiracy theorist - "no harm, no foul", right? This time there was harm, and thus a foul. This is Rob Skiba, you can google him to find all kinds of quotes on various weird subjects. I had to google "Nephilim", in which he is a self proclaimed expert. To get a sense of this guy's thought process you should check out this short video on his flat earth model: https://fe2018.com/speakers/rob-skiba/ So Rob's understanding of physics and astronomy is a bit sketchy. Ok so what about his views on COVID, masks, and vaccines?
Full post at https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/ro ... with-covid

Rob.JPG
Rob.JPG (126.57 KiB) Viewed 461 times

UPDATE 3 (10/12/21); Rob's Flat Earther fans have an update on Rob Skiba:

#coronavirus #BrianStaveley
Rob Skiba In Critical Condition Brian Staveley Thinks It's Fake
3,558 views Premiered Oct 10, 2021

Video costs $2.00, no way. Will see if it ends up somewhere else.*

Rob 2.JPG
Rob 2.JPG (134.23 KiB) Viewed 461 times
LAST UPDATE (10/14/21): Rob Skiba has died of complications from COVID and he was an extreme anti-vaxxer. You'd think his community would get a wake up call and change their position on vaccines, however being christian flat-earthers I guess evidence and facts are beyond their grasp. "I absolutely HATE hospitals and their 'protocols'":

Here is a link to a video of some of more his hardcore compatriots discussing his death and their take on hospitals: https://rokfin.com/stream/9955/RIP--A-F ... wsource=cl

* ETA: This is a "pre-Rofkin" video on YouTube. Wow, there are a LOT of videos about this. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... %253D%253D

RIP - A Farewell Message to Rob Skiba - Rose777, Karen B, Jason and Me. IMPORTANT INFO!
16,486 views Streamed live 14 hours ago

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I know when he reached those heavenly gates he heard, "Well done son. I'm so please(sic)"
Bet he didn't.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

So true:

Idolatry
Honoring mom and dad
Thou shalt not kill
Bearing false witness
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:think: What shape did Ron Skiba believe Heaven to be? Flat, spherical, ellipsoidal, or, like his brain, a nullity?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”