Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 am “Alpha Men Assemble”! :crazy:
:thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like some assembly is required, and their kit is missing some bits.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 am
“ But that has not deterred a newly-formed group calling itself Alpha Men Assemble, which combines anti-vaccine and sovereign citizen beliefs.
It has been holding training sessions in several UK locations where volunteers prepare for "direct action", such as breaking through police lines, marching formations and sparring.”
They had meant their boy band to be called “Alpha Men Ensemble” but they left it to a Kevin to do the branding…
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but declaring yourself alpha is kind of like bragging about sex. If you have to announce it, nobody believes it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:57 am Just my arrogant opinion but declaring yourself alpha is kind of like bragging about sex. If you have to announce it, nobody believes it.
Just like bragging about sex, the intended audience is other people who are bragging and have an incentive to support each other rather than a more general audience. The audience for 'alpha male'' stuff is other men who describe themselves as 'alpha males', and then depending on social alignment will validate the speaker that other alpha men see him as an alpha man too.

The scary thing is, it kinda works. Humans are social, they pick up cues from each other, and when someone has the professed respect of other people, that propagates. So these self assembled 'alpha male' globs draw in other people who respond to the mutual adoration.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas-i ... suit-jail/
A group of men detained at Washington County Detention Center in Arkansas say that the jail's medical staff gave them the anti-parasite drug ivermectin last year, without their consent, to treat COVID-19, while telling them the pills were "vitamins." On Wednesday, the American Civil Liberties Union, on behalf of the inmates, filed a federal lawsuit against the jail and its doctor.

The Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have repeatedly warned against the use of ivermectin for COVID. The FDA has only approved the medication for humans to treat river blindness, intestinal strongyloidiasis (an illness caused by roundworms), head lice and rosacea.

The lawsuit claims that medical staff at the jail gave the men ivermectin as early as November 2020, and that the men did not become aware of what the pill was until well after they received it. At a local finance and budget committee meeting last August, county sheriff Tim Helder confirmed that the facility's doctor Dr. Robert Karas prescribed ivermectin.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

neeneko wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:26 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:57 am Just my arrogant opinion but declaring yourself alpha is kind of like bragging about sex. If you have to announce it, nobody believes it.
Just like bragging about sex, the intended audience is other people who are bragging and have an incentive to support each other rather than a more general audience. The audience for 'alpha male'' stuff is other men who describe themselves as 'alpha males', and then depending on social alignment will validate the speaker that other alpha men see him as an alpha man too.

The scary thing is, it kinda works. Humans are social, they pick up cues from each other, and when someone has the professed respect of other people, that propagates. So these self assembled 'alpha male' globs draw in other people who respond to the mutual adoration.
And then when these self-professed "alpha males" exit their little mutual admiration conclave and return to the real world, they'll still be laughed at and ignored, especially when they tell people at work or the women they try to date that they are "alpha men" and they know this is true because they went to a special seminar just for tough guys like them.

The "alpha male" movement has echoes of the "incel" movement, but for people who get no respect in the rest of their lives. I hope this doesn't end up like the incel movement, with some of them getting violent.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas-i ... suit-jail/
A group of men detained at Washington County Detention Center in Arkansas say that the jail's medical staff gave them the anti-parasite drug ivermectin last year, without their consent, to treat COVID-19, while telling them the pills were "vitamins." On Wednesday, the American Civil Liberties Union, on behalf of the inmates, filed a federal lawsuit against the jail and its doctor.
:snippity:
The Arkansas State Medical Board opened an investigation into Karas in August, according to NBC News.

in https://text.npr.org/1073846967
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

COVID Patient Flown to Texas After Minnesota Doctors Decided to Pull Plug on Ventilator
Andrew Boryga
Mon, January 17, 2022, 8:24 PM

A Minnesota woman whose husband neared death from COVID appealed to the courts to force his hospital to halt their plans to pull the plug on the man’s ventilator.

Scott Quiner, 55, a reportedly unvaccinated man who had been battling COVID in Mercy Hospital’s ICU in Coon Rapids since November, was set to have his ventilator shut off on Jan. 13, according to a petition filed in court one day before the deadline by his wife, Anne Quiner.

Quiner said the decision by the hospital would “end my husband’s life” and appealed to the Anoka County Court for a restraining order against the hospital. “Absent an Order from the court,” she wrote in the petition, “my husband will die.”

On Jan. 13, a district court judge ordered Mercy Hospital not to turn off Quiner’s ventilator.

On Monday morning, Marjorie Holsten, an attorney representing Quiner’s wife, told the Star Tribune that Quiner has now been transferred to a hospital in Texas.

"The doctor said Scott was the most undernourished patient he has ever seen,” Holsten told the outlet. “The last update I got was yesterday afternoon after some tests had been run; all organs are working except his lungs.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-patien ... 36383.html
tek

Post by tek »

There is a hospital in Texas with enough free ICU beds to take randos from out-of-state?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:52 pm There is a hospital in Texas with enough free ICU beds to take randos from out-of-state?
I guess if you have the dollars.
Two fundraisers to help cover Scott Quiner's medical expenses have generated thousands of dollars. A GoFundMe has pulled in more than $29,000 as of Monday afternoon. A second fundraiser on the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo was seeking to raise $100,000. As of Monday, the effort had brought in about $43,000.
Also, I blame the parents.
► Show Spoiler
They actually got an injunction against this asshat, and he still is harassing them and claiming it is for MLK.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:11 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas-i ... suit-jail/
The Arkansas State Medical Board opened an investigation into Karas in August, according to NBC News.

in https://text.npr.org/1073846967
Karas is a big fan of FLCCC and has been consulting with them since the group was established.

The complaint. (Opens as a pdf.)

Detainees Sue Arkansas Jail That Gave Them Ivermectin to Treat Covid
Detainees at an Arkansas jail who had Covid-19 were unknowingly treated by the detention center’s doctor with ivermectin, a drug that health officials have continually said is dangerous and should not be used to treat or prevent a coronavirus infection, according to a federal lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of four detainees.

The four men — Dayman Blackburn, Julio Gonzales, Jeremiah Little and Edrick Floreal-Wooten — say in the lawsuit that after testing positive for the coronavirus in August, they were taken to the “quarantine block” of the Washington County Detention Center and given a “cocktail of drugs” twice a day by Dr. Robert Karas, who runs Karas Correctional Health, the jail’s health provider.

On his practice website, Karas explains exactly what "cocktail" he uses. It's the FLCCC "cocktail".*

The complaint, filed this month in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, says that the men took the drugs — which Dr. Karas told them consisted of vitamins, antibiotics and steroids — unaware that they were actually ingesting ivermectin, an antiparasitic drug commonly used for livestock that the Food and Drug Administration has warned should not be taken for Covid-19.

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that the jail had been giving ivermectin to detainees as early as November 2020. In August 2021, amid surging demand for the drug, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that ivermectin was “not authorized or approved” for any type of Covid treatment.

Dr. Karas appears to have bought into the misinformation for months, saying in an interview in August that he used the drug himself when sick with Covid. He posted as recently as Dec. 24 on his practice’s Facebook page that he was using ivermectin to treat people with Covid.

On his practice website, Karas said he and his entire extended family use ivermectin preventatively.

Alas, Karas got covid another 2 times anyway.

The lawsuit says the men “ingested incredibly high doses” of the drug while sick with Covid, causing some to experience diarrhea, bloody stools, stomach cramps and issues with their vision.

They became aware of what they were taking only after the sheriff told the Quorum Court Finance and Budget Committee of Washington County in August that detainees were indeed being treated for Covid with ivermectin, said Holly Dickson, executive director of the A.C.L.U. of Arkansas.

The detainees could have refused the medication, but many did not because they believed they were taking approved and safe Covid treatments, Ms. Dickson said.

She added that after the American Civil Liberties Union began to raise questions about the practice last year, the jail tried to get inmates to sign forms saying that they retroactively consented to the treatments.

:mad2:

Non-consentual human experimentation is alive and well!

It was then, she said, that detainees began asking: “What is it that you’re giving me?”

*From Karas' practice website.
The start of 2021 there was more literature coming out on the use ivermectin for prevention of primary infection. At this time, we started offering it to our patients and I started taking it myself and had my mother, step dad, step mom, step aunt and uncle’s and my wife’s mother and father on it while they were waiting for vaccines to come out. We followed the FL-CCC dosing guidelines for this with the 0.2 mg/kg on Day 1, then Day 3, and then every two weeks. We changed our guidelines to weekly around April and have kept them here. The FL-CCC now recommends twice weekly dosing for prophylaxis but after discussion with Dr. Merrick and a search of the literature we kept our regimen at weekly Ivermectin dosing for prevention.

It was the next week in the clinic where we started to see multiple really sick patients. The Delta variant was hitting harder and faster and making men age 30 to 55 extremely sick. After seeing this along with talking to some of my local colleagues working in the hospitals, we started implementing our current MID-D3 100,000 and C-Caleb (some of the C-Caleb guidelines come from direct discussion with Dr. Merrick and the current inpatient FL-CCC guidelines as patients that would normally be admitted to the hospital were now being sent home with home 02) regimens more uniformly with all our clinic patients and implemented the current jail protocol. The slight difference between jail protocol and clinic regimen being we kept the .2-.4 mg/kg Ivermectin dosing on our jail patients. We did this as none of our initial 20 to 40 cases of Delta at the jail where we have men primarily in the high-risk category for Delta, showed any clinical signs of severe disease. Our jail patients are treated extremely early in the disease and we monitor their pulse and oxygenation twice daily for 10 days. Our jail protocols have worked perfectly including approximately 170 cases of the Delta variant.
This won't help Karas when he defends himself. I'm surprised this is still posted on the clinic website.

From Karas' practice Facebook page.

This absolutely skews state numbers and contact tracing.
Screenshot_20220118-163403.png
Screenshot_20220118-163403.png (255.25 KiB) Viewed 891 times

Karas isn't being very honest about infection and antibodies. And he's had covid THREE times!
Screenshot_20220118-164305.png
Screenshot_20220118-164305.png (211.28 KiB) Viewed 891 times

Karas posted his "Karas Healthcare Covid-19 Management Guidelines". He recommends ivermectin for early acute at-home treatment, severe at-home treatment, daily preventative (for unvaxed), and post-exposure treatment.

IMG_18012022_170229_(500_x_700_pixel).png
IMG_18012022_170229_(500_x_700_pixel).png (169.73 KiB) Viewed 891 times

At least Karas recommends vaccines!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

so I have runny nose, mild headache and coughing up phlegm got tested first thing at school before students came.

It was negative

this evening had to go to wally world after school to get some things for my classroom

people in front of me had no masks. I felt the need to cough. It was a deep cough a moist cough. They turned around and looked at me. I of course was masked.

I wish I had had the courage to tell them I had covid

I just couldn't and I didn't want to jinx myself
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Laurie Garrett
@Laurie_Garrett
·
36m
That political gap in #vaccination rates has widened according to
@kff_online
-- by a margin of more than 13% Americans living in #Biden -voting "Blue" counties are more likely to be fully vaxed than those in #Trump - backing "Red" ones.
https://kff.org/policy-watch/the-red-bl ... e=hs_email
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/europe/c ... index.html

(CNN)A Czech folk singer who was opposed to having a coronavirus vaccine has died after deliberately contracting the virus, according to her son.
Hana Horká, of the folk band Asonance, died Sunday at the age of 57 after intentionally exposing herself to the virus at home while her son and husband were sick, according to CNN affiliate CNN Prima News.
Horká wanted to infect herself so she could be "done with Covid," her son, Jan Rek, told Prima News on Monday.
"I came here because the debate is very important and I want to warn people," said Rek, who added that both he and his father had been vaccinated
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

FA and FO.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

‘This Is World War IV’: QAnon Conspiracy Theorist Scott McKay Vows to Wage War on Doctors and Nurses

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/thi ... nd-nurses/
Scott McKay was among the cavalcade of election, COVID-19, and QAnon conspiracy theorists who spoke at the most recent ReAwaken America tour stop in Phoenix, Arizona, last weekend, where he declared war on health care providers, whom he accused of using the COVID-19 pandemic to murder people.

McKay, a prominent QAnon conspiracy theorist known online as Patriot Streetfighter, was outraged by the death of fellow QAnon and anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist Cirsten Weldon earlier this month and blamed the doctors and nurses at the hospital where she died of COVID-19 for her death. As such, he used his speaking slot at the ReAwaken America tour to stalk the stage while brandishing a tomahawk and declaring that “World War IV” is underway.

“Any of these doctors or nurses around the country that are involved in the murder of our people, they’re going to be spotlighted,” McKay said. “I’m dragging them out in the open. We’re going to spotlight them, show them to the whole world, I’m going to be naming them by name. If you have the courage to kill our people, you better have the courage to stand in a direct crosshairs of Patriot Streetfighter because this is now going to happen.”

“There’s no playing nice in this war because this is World War IV,” he continued. “World War III was a cold war; World War IV has been underway for decades. The elite powers in this world have decided to come after all of us and eliminate us from the planet. And I don’t mean maybe. It should be coming apparent to people in this day and age that they have created a global matrix system to kill us, to help us murder ourselves through chemtrails, through the corporate food industry, from big pharma, from the influence of the big media. This is all built not for your benefit or commerce; it’s built to create a commerce machine that they can keep you working to keep that matrix running, taking the money and profit from you—even the stores you buy in—to use that money to try to kill you. This is where we are.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

American Airlines flight bound for London turns around mid-flight over mask rule compliance

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/amer ... index.html
"American Airlines flight 38 with service from Miami (MIA) to London (LHR) returned to MIA due to a disruptive customer refusing to comply with the federal mask requirement," American Airlines said in a statement.

Local law enforcement met the flight at Miami International Airport, the airline said.

CNN has reached out to Miami-Dade Police Department for additional information.

According to flight tracking site FlightAware, the flight landed back in Miami one hour and 48 minutes after it departed.

The flight, operated on a Boeing 777 aircraft, was canceled after the incident. There were 129 passengers and 14 crew on board. There were no injuries to customers or crew members.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:26 pm American Airlines flight bound for London turns around mid-flight over mask rule compliance
Could the crew not just zip-tie the unruly passenger and continue the flight?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That would be my solution,, but then they would have had to listen to the passenger shouting for the rest of the flight (about 4 and a half hours) and then there's the whole issue of whether British police could take the passenger into custody on the other side.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"I'm not gonna wear a mask, what are you going to do? Turn around and go back?" :rotflmao:

And what an inconvenience for everyone else aboard. They should charge that passenger for fuel and all the costs related to having to turn the plane around.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Just open the door and let them out Pinochet style.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Can you get to the cargo hold from the cabin?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Only in the movies.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 pm Only in the movies.
:lol:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”