Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by bill_g »

Yep. I don't suffer fools in public well. My personal policy generally is to let them speak and say nothing to stop them. Keep the peace as it were. But, if they persist, if they think my silence is permission to continue, I am quick to dispel them in the most polite but total annihilation way I can. I take no prisoners.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 am Yep. I don't suffer fools in public well. My personal policy generally is to let them speak and say nothing to stop them. Keep the peace as it were. But, if they persist, if they think my silence is permission to continue, I am quick to dispel them in the most polite but total annihilation way I can. I take no prisoners.
Good on ya. I also have a line that I have established for public reaction. I'm okay with jerks, until they focus their jerkhood on another human being.

Or if they're sitting with droopy masks in the waiting room of the imaging suite at my hospital, which is also the breast cancer center. That will get me going.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:43 am Good on ya. I also have a line that I have established for public reaction. I'm okay with jerks, until they focus their jerkhood on another human being.

Or if they're sitting with droopy masks in the waiting room of the imaging suite at my hospital, which is also the breast cancer center. That will get me going.
I've handed out free pilloying a few times. The most common one is waiting in line. I've turned to the couple behind me grousing about the time asking them why they are even still here if the service is so bad? Take your business elsewhere please. I have peace and quiet for the remainder of the queue.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:43 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 am Yep. I don't suffer fools in public well. My personal policy generally is to let them speak and say nothing to stop them. Keep the peace as it were. But, if they persist, if they think my silence is permission to continue, I am quick to dispel them in the most polite but total annihilation way I can. I take no prisoners.
Good on ya. I also have a line that I have established for public reaction. I'm okay with jerks, until they focus their jerkhood on another human being.

And well it should. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 am I was in our local Rite-Aid to pick up toiletries when I overheard a codger ask the pharmacist for Ivermectin. She replied they were not allowed to offer that drug. His return volley was some states do allow it.

I couldn't stand his pot stirring and asked in a loud voice "Do you identify as either bovine or equine, do you weigh over 1000 pounds, and do you often pasture on grasses known to have parasitic flies? If so, you are in the wrong store."

A silence fell over the store.

I proceeded to the check out.

I ran into him at the Safeway later as I rounded down the canned goods aisle. He turned around and disappeared.
"Do you identify as bovine, equine, swine, ovine, caprine, canine, feline, poultry, or herpid? Do you want injectable, pour-on, or paste? If you have scabies, you are considered highly contagious and should be isolating yourself".
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Azastan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am "Do you identify as bovine, equine, swine, ovine, caprine, canine, feline, poultry, or herpid? Do you want injectable, pour-on, or paste? If you have scabies, you are considered highly contagious and should be isolating yourself".
OMG. There is a show tune out there with a list of animals in it that I could sing. It's right on the tip of my memory. I can almost hear the song. What is that?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:27 am
Azastan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am "Do you identify as bovine, equine, swine, ovine, caprine, canine, feline, poultry, or herpid? Do you want injectable, pour-on, or paste? If you have scabies, you are considered highly contagious and should be isolating yourself".
OMG. There is a show tune out there with a list of animals in it that I could sing. It's right on the tip of my memory. I can almost hear the song. What is that?
I can't answer the question about the song, but being a farm person who also owns cats and snakes, I know that ivermectin is used for various parasites such as strongids, mites, etc. It does also kill botfly larvae (that's the parasitic fly). Doesn't kill tapeworms, though.

Some breeds of dogs (e.g., collies, sheepdogs, and collie- or sheepdog-cross breeds--Aussies in particular) are more sensitive to ivermectin than others. This is due to a specific genetic mutation (MDR1) that makes them less able to tolerate high doses of ivermectin. It's recommended that if you own one of these dogs, that you get it genetically tested before giving it ivermectin (ivermectin is used for heartworm control).

Having horses means having their feet trimmed, and you'd be shocked at how many farriers own Aussies or other herding breeds. Dogs, being dogs, love to eat horse manure and hoof trimmings, and eating manure after the horses have been treated with ivermectin can make MDR1 dogs very ill.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?

Mares eat oats and does eat oats but little lambs eat ivy?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My husband has a friend, on disability forever with multiple diseases. He got the two shots last year as quickly as he could. Since then, he has been more radicalized (he was always a racist RWNJ) and is regretting he ever got the first two shots and refusing to get a booster. My husband helps him with a few things as he is so disabled, but he told him if he doesn't get the booster, he's on his own. I don't know how he has managed to avoid Covid as long as he has (the vaccines probably helped in the last year), but he'd absolutely be dead if he got it. He always watched faux noise; now watches only Newsmax and is certain they are the only ones telling any truths.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 am My husband has a friend, on disability forever with multiple diseases. He got the two shots last year as quickly as he could. Since then, he has been more radicalized (he was always a racist RWNJ) and is regretting he ever got the first two shots and refusing to get a booster. My husband helps him with a few things as he is so disabled, but he told him if he doesn't get the booster, he's on his own. I don't know how he has managed to avoid Covid as long as he has (the vaccines probably helped in the last year), but he'd absolutely be dead if he got it. He always watched faux noise; now watches only Newsmax and is certain they are the only ones telling any truths.
I think it's time to start reminding people of 'Dead Meat'.

(as an aside, why haven't the nutters immediately started blaming being vaccinated for Michael Lee Aday's death? Oh right, because he WASN'T vaccinated and he DID die from COVID)
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 am Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?

Mares eat oats and does eat oats but little lambs eat ivy?
Neither of those. Male voice from the 60's IIRC. And he may have been listing occupations, not animals. Ugh. I can almost hear the lyrics.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 am Yep. I don't suffer fools in public well.
I'm a little :shock: that I haven't unloaded on anybody over mask issues ... oh, wait :oopsy: ... but I didn't touch the guy, I made a conditional threat - IF he came within 6 feet of me without a mask again, working a hard sell on the floor of our local BJs big box store, THEN I said I would pop him one, which is kind of nonspecific but opens up a number of different excellent possibilities.

So he scuttled off and disappeared. But other than that one jerk (and he came a lot closer than 6 feet, he was right in my face until I swerved around him), I haven't even conditionally threatened anybody, and I see a lot of non-maskers out there, but they most always leave me alone, so I stay quiet.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 am My husband has a friend, on disability forever with multiple diseases. He got the two shots last year as quickly as he could. Since then, he has been more radicalized (he was always a racist RWNJ) and is regretting he ever got the first two shots and refusing to get a booster. My husband helps him with a few things as he is so disabled, but he told him if he doesn't get the booster, he's on his own. I don't know how he has managed to avoid Covid as long as he has (the vaccines probably helped in the last year), but he'd absolutely be dead if he got it. He always watched faux noise; now watches only Newsmax and is certain they are the only ones telling any truths.
That's interesting because despite having had two shots he apparently doesn't get 5G, have nanites, have a tracking chip, or have died.

I never asked my RWNJ family members if they got the booster; I do know they ran out immediately for the original two shots given their ages and multiple health conditions. I'm not sure I want to know.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:46 am Yep. I don't suffer fools in public well.
I'm a little :shock: that I haven't unloaded on anybody over mask issues ... oh, wait :oopsy: ... but I didn't touch the guy, I made a conditional threat - IF he came within 6 feet of me without a mask again, working a hard sell on the floor of our local BJs big box store, THEN I said I would pop him one, which is kind of nonspecific but opens up a number of different excellent possibilities.

So he scuttled off and disappeared. But other than that one jerk (and he came a lot closer than 6 feet, he was right in my face until I swerved around him), I haven't even conditionally threatened anybody, and I see a lot of non-maskers out there, but they most always leave me alone, so I stay quiet.
That's playground 101 Foggy. An early childhood skill I had to master. When they get in your face, you shut up, look them in the eye, cant your head slightly to the side, and with your fingers tips in their chest lightly push them back ever so slowly. Just a steady pressure. Make them take a step or two, and then withdraw. Two possible outcomes with the most common being immediate deescalation, and the ever so rare immediate extreme escalation. But, that's why you learned how to block punches.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, well I was walking quickly down the side aisle, maybe 70 yards long, to where I wanted to be in the back of the store, and this dude came out of an aisle and right up in my face, trying to sell me godonlyknowswhat, so I just swerved around him and left him behind at the time. It happened really fast and I was gone. But as I thought about it I got more pissed off, and when I saw him again 5 minutes later was when I helpfully explained that he needed to wear a mask. Or else. Or else what? To be determined. 8-)

In a store where there are signs everywhere telling people to wear masks and stay 6 feet away.

Those people piss me off anyway, BJs is a membership big box club, we pay for it and it's a great place, every couple months they take $20 off the already low total, and they have good selection and quality. But I'm paying for my membership, and I get assaulted by annoying hard-sell sales jerks when I'm trying to shop in peace? I think not.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:25 pm Yeah, well I was walking quickly down the side aisle, maybe 70 yards long, to where I wanted to be in the back of the store, and this dude came out of an aisle and right up in my face, trying to sell me godonlyknowswhat, so I just swerved around him and left him behind at the time. It happened really fast and I was gone. But as I thought about it I got more pissed off, and when I saw him again 5 minutes later was when I helpfully explained that he needed to wear a mask. Or else. Or else what? To be determined. 8-)
Was this a BJs employee, or some sales rep from a product BJs sells?

I have BJs through a friend and my friend has Costco through me. I prefer Costco for most things -- mainly because I know they treat their employees well with pay and benefits. (Unlike *cough*Sams Club*cough)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 pm Was this a BJs employee, or some sales rep from a product BJs sells?
I think they are independents who pay BJ's to have access. I know one they sell is phone service, like AT&T, so no official affiliation. Everybody and their sister sells AT&T in this town. There are other things being sold, but I'm not in contact long enough to learn what they're selling.

I can shake off a hard-sell like a Labrador shaking off water. Same kind of mess, even. :mrgreen:

Maybe I'll take a closer look next time and report back. :oldman:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The Unicorn
The Irish Rovers
A long time ago, when the earth was still green
And there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the earth was being born
But the loveliest of all was the unicorn
There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn
Now god seen some sinnin' and it gave him pain
And he says, "stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo"
And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget my unicorn"
Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started fallin'
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through
"Hey, Lord"
I've got your green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't see no unicorn"
Then Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns was hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring
Oh, them silly unicorns
There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Noah cried, "close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin'
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"
The ark started movin', it drifted with the tide
Them unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
And that's why you'll never see a unicorn, to this very day
You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorn
As any Shel Silverstein fan instantly recognizes.
filly

Post by filly »

It drives me just as crazy when people are wearing masks but have them slipped down so their nose isn't covered. I usually try to make eye contact with them and then just gesture by readjusting my mask on my nose. 99.9 percent of them time they don't get it. But a few weeks ago a black man at the grocery store was being friendly to me (black me like me, what can I say?) and I did the gesture and he got it and immediately put his mask on properly.

It's hard work out there! But hell in the few times we venture into a store, I guess I'll keep at it!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

The Daily Dot is certainly a billion times more credible than Ian Miles Cheong, who is a dangerous, dishonest, asshole.

I would note that the Long Beach Karen incident is from last August & was viral for a day or two at the time.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Everything old is new again! :bag:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 am I was in our local Rite-Aid to pick up toiletries when I overheard a codger ask the pharmacist for Ivermectin. She replied they were not allowed to offer that drug. His return volley was some states do allow it.

I couldn't stand his pot stirring and asked in a loud voice "Do you identify as either bovine or equine, do you weigh over 1000 pounds, and do you often pasture on grasses known to have parasitic flies? If so, you are in the wrong store."

A silence fell over the store.

I proceeded to the check out.

I ran into him at the Safeway later as I rounded down the canned goods aisle. He turned around and disappeared.
:cheer2: :notworthy: :like: :fivestar:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:30 pm

As any Shel Silverstein fan instantly recognizes.
Ah Jaysus, ye cant have "all gods creatures" without Fester and Ailen'.

Hic sunt dracones

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”