Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
filly

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by filly »

I highly recommend that WAPO piece. It’s well written, shows the decency of the health care workers and demonstrates that there are many incredibly stupid people in this country who are incapable of learning from experience.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Azastan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:50 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:45 am The Washington Post has had quite a few stories like this.

There's little sympathy in the comments for these people. Lots of sympathy for the medical personnel who need to deal with them, but not for the vaccine refusers.
:yeahthat:
I'm sure the anger of rational commenters is exacerbated by the way the surviving antivaxers always thank their friends, their family, their gods, but never acknowledge and properly thank the medical personnel who were responsible for their survival, whom they unnecessarily endangered and distracted from more valuable work.

Antivaxers' friends (some friends!) seem more likely to complain about a hospital refusing to administer their poisons du jour than to thank them for keeping the sick fuckwits alive through medication, ventilation and intubation, requiring high skill and more complex than munching a quack pill.

It is always sad to see children deprived of a parent, but it is difficult to have much sympathy for those who looked at the map and said "yes, I'm going along Idiot Highway via Stupid City and Sicktown to Deathsville, that's my best plan, want to join me?"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Suranis wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:07 am It could be they were scared of losing pay and work time from having a few days in bed after the jab, which is not uncommon. That's a long way from thinking the jab is going to kill you.
Thankfully Biden's mandate includes paid time off to get the vax and recover from the vax.

But will all employers follow through?

Research found that a lack of paid time off to get the vax and recover from the vax was keeping folks from being vaxed, esp for low income workers. When you're working min wage and don't have sick leave, you're not going to risk 1-4 days off without pay for a vax. And many with paid sick days save those days to cover sick leave for when their children are sick.

Getting paid time off for vac recovery is critical to boost vax rates.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-john-r ... -vaccines/
Powell’s death prompted an outpouring of grief throughout the world of politics and the media. Roberts, however, took note of the fact that Powell had been vaccinated, in a tweet that has since been deleted.

“The fact that Colin Powell died from a breakthrough COVID infection raises new concerns about how effective vaccines are long-term.”

Roberts’ tweet made no mention of the fact that Powell suffered from multiple myeloma, a kind of blood cancer that weakens the immune system. It also made no mention of the fact that coronavirus vaccines have never been said to be 100% effective in preventing death, particularly for an 84-year-old man with cancer.

His comment also came shortly after Fox & Friends co-host Will Cain commented on how Powell’s death will lead to “conversations about the fact he was fully vaccinated, according to his family and he died from complications from Covid.”
:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Take another loudmouthed RWNJ off the air? Yes, please. Permanently, if possible.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Roberts ended up deleting his tweet after getting his ass kicked on twitter. His excuse? He was just asking questions... :roll:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 pm Roberts ended up deleting his tweet after getting his ass kicked on twitter. His excuse? He was just asking questions... :roll:
The younger folks these days call it JAQing off....

I'll see myself out...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
LM K

Post by LM K »

An update about Barbara Crosby.

Crosby was censured on Sept 20. On Sept 23 Governor Henry McMaster signed an executive order suspending Crosby until "she is either convicted or acquitted or until a successor is appointed or elected".

Dorchester District Two Board Member censured after arrest for unlawful conduct towards children
Dorchester District Two (DD2) board members on Monday voted in favor of censuring a board member after she was arrested on multiple charges of misconduct towards children and in office.

Barbara Crosby was arrested on September 10 after she surrendered to law enforcement on two charges of unlawful conduct towards a child and one charge of statutory misconduct in office.

The charges stem from a September 1 incident in which Crosby allegedly left her two grandchildren — ages four and nine — in her running car, which was parked outside a DD2 board meeting for which she was late.

She reportedly directed a security guard to go watch them after he told her that she could not leave them unattended in the car.

Crosby ignored the guard, according to the report, and continued into the meeting.

During the September 20 meeting, DD2 members cited multiple reasons for concern regarding Crosby’s conduct, including the use of her cell phone during a meeting, her storming out of a meeting, comments made by Crosby during an interview in which she said “God decides who lives or dies” in response to a question about COVID-19 mitigation measures, and the September 1 incident.

“This is about ownership of actions by a board member and the fallout they produced. On behalf of the board, I want to make it clear that this behavior is unacceptable, and the board is committed to our high code of ethics.”

The vote for censorship was unanimous.
DD2 board member suspended following child endangerment allegations
Dorchester School District Two board member Barbara Crosby has been suspended from her position pending a criminal investigation into alleged child endangerment.

Governor Henry McMaster signed an executive order Thursday suspending the embattled school board member. The decision is effective immediately and will continue until she is either convicted or acquitted or until a successor is appointed or elected.

:snippity:

The DD2 Board of Trustees moved to censure Crosby on Monday.

The board released a statement Thursday, following the governor's announcement:

"The unfortunate recent events that involve an indictment and suspension of a Dorchester School District Two School Board member will not deter the focus and work of the School Board and district leadership as we serve the families of our community. This situation is out of our hands as we await the outcome of the legal proceedings," the board stated.

The executive order issued today is not a statement on Crosby's guilt or innocence.
IMG_18102021_141323_(600_x_600_pixel).png
IMG_18102021_141323_(600_x_600_pixel).png (316.9 KiB) Viewed 657 times
IMG_18102021_141210_(600_x_600_pixel).png
IMG_18102021_141210_(600_x_600_pixel).png (472.78 KiB) Viewed 657 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

You gotta be a stratospheric level of crazy to force the state governor to get involved and personally issue an executive order directing your suspension from the school board.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

NYC judge suspends dad’s visits with kid over vaccination status

A Manhattan matrimonial judge has suspended a Long Island father’s visitation with his 3-year-old daughter unless he gets vaccinated or submits to weekly COVID-19 tests.

“Here, in-person parental access by defendant is not in the child’s best interests, and there are exceptional circumstances that support its suspension,” wrote Justice Matthew Cooper, who is presiding over the pair’s divorce and custody dispute.

“The dangers of voluntarily remaining unvaccinated during access with a child while the COVID-19 virus remains a threat to children’s health and safety cannot be understated,” the jurist said in the Oct. 7 decision, which withheld the parties’ names.

The ruling requires the father to either get the jab or present a weekly PCR test in addition to a biweekly antigen test within 24 hours of a scheduled visit, which currently takes place every other weekend.

“Unfortunately, and to my mind, incomprehensibly, a sizable minority, seizing upon misinformation, conspiracy theories, and muddled notions of ‘individual liberty,’ have refused all entreaties to be vaccinated,” argued the high-profile judge, who presided over divorce and child custody cases involving actor Robert De Niro, actress Uma Thurman and former NBA star Lamar Odom.
:snippity:
https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/nyc-judge ... on-status/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Just found out that my teacher team lead is unvaxxed.

She claims because she had covid she didn't need to be vaccinated.

GRRRRRR

a teacher

I give up
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:clap:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Anti-vaxx sportsball head coach derps out of a $3 million per year job to keep from getting vaxxed, takes 4 of his position coaches with him (the position coaches all make 6-figures.)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ource-says

"The non-compliance with this requirement renders [Rolovich] ineligible to be employed at Washington State University and therefore can longer fulfill the duties as a head coach of our football program effective immediately," Washington State athletic director Pat Chun said during a Monday night news conference. "It is disheartening to be here today. Our football team is hurting. Our WSU community is fractured. Today will have a lasting impact on the young men on our team and the remaining coaches and staff."
LM K

Post by LM K »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:04 am Anti-vaxx sportsball head coach derps out of a $3 million per year job to keep from getting vaxxed, takes 4 of his position coaches with him (the position coaches all make 6-figures.)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ource-says

"The non-compliance with this requirement renders [Rolovich] ineligible to be employed at Washington State University and therefore can longer fulfill the duties as a head coach of our football program effective immediately," Washington State athletic director Pat Chun said during a Monday night news conference. "It is disheartening to be here today. Our football team is hurting. Our WSU community is fractured. Today will have a lasting impact on the young men on our team and the remaining coaches and staff."
Interesting. Rolovich first said he'd get vaxed. Then he submitted a religious exemption request which was denied.

Interesting.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Wow. My mom just called me to tell me about this, so this is bigger than sports.

They're gonna have to hire a new head coach and four assistants, and they gotta have Covid shots.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

LM K wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 am
Interesting. Rolovich first said he'd get vaxed. Then he submitted a religious exemption request which was denied.

Interesting.
Football as a religion is only recognized within the SEC.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Oh, noes!

I may have just earned my very first ban from a social media site. I guess I'll find out in the morning.

In a discussion about what vaccine efficacy meant (the thread was started talking about 'I got the vax and still caught covid, so the vax didn't work'), I did some explaining about how vaccines work and touched on herd immunity and all that stuff. It was rather rambling but it was accurate (even if I do say so myself).

So one clown replied to my post with
Give me a break as a nurse who walked out of the hospial over the mandate should tell you something we have been on the front lines for 2 years.....i worked with infected people for 2 years and i still have not had covid...

you litterally proved your self wrong with your post........

4 million dead out of 7.5+ billion people is around 1% so you go ahead and take your chances with that jab which can cause serious side effects....me and the 250 other nurses who all walked out know better then to take a vaccine that isnt killing as many people as the media claims
to which I replied:
Give me a break as a nurse who walked out of the hospial over the mandate should tell you something
Indeed it does.

It tells me that you are a coward that had no business what-so-ever being in the nursing profession.

You KNEW when you took the job that the job entailed keeping yourself and others safe. You claim to have spent 2 years working with infected people and have managed to not become infected - PRECISELY because you maintained MANDATED personal protection protocols. Well the vaccine is another personal protection protocol.

You have abandoned your colleagues and patients and dishonored your vows. While your former colleagues are having to do your work as well as their own, you sit comfortably at home behind your keyboard telling everybody what a glorious, liberated, smart person you are.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. Actually, that's a lie, I'm not sorry in any way what-so-ever.

I can understand and sympathize with you for the stress of 2 years of working under very stressful conditions. But I cannot abide claiming some false concern about 'freedumb' over a mandate that health professionals should do everything they possibly can to stay healthy for the sake of their patients. Its ludicrous and cowardly.

I am bloody well sick and tired of gaslighting morons encouraging people to put themselves in danger, and worse directly putting others in danger by walking off the job.

Assuming that you are telling the truth of course. And if you are lying, go f### yourself.
Whaddya think? Am I a bad person?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

you handled that better than I would have.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You are not a bad person. The last sentence likely earned you your first expulsion.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“4 million dead out of 7.5+ billion people is around 1% so you go ahead and take your chances with that jab which can cause serious side effects....me and the 250 other nurses who all walked out know better then to take a vaccine that isnt killing as many people as the media claims”

Assuming there are no typos.
- 4 million is around 1% of 7.5. billion?
- “walked out”, do they mean were fired?
- “a vaccine that isn’t killing as many people as the media claims” ???

No you’re not a bad person but attempting to converse with some people can be bad for your health (and social media access). Can be amusing though. :biggrin:

To give the full quote:
“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

His math is off too.
filly

Post by filly »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:04 am His math is of too.
And off.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

LM K wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 am

Interesting.
Whatever, somebody up his religious food chain (the Pope), said that being Catholic wasn't a religious exemption.

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars- ... june-jones

even though the Pope himself has endorsed receiving the vaccines, calling it “an act of love.”

Interesting? Kinda, WSU isn't the worse job in the world and the poaching of other teams' coaches can be entertaining to some. But this moron? No, he's just another in a long line of mutts that specifically choose to do the wrong thing.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”