Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by raison de arizona »

Hospital refusing heart transplant for man who won't get vaccinated

A Boston hospital says it won't consider performing a heart transplant on a patient who refuses to get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports.
:snippity:
DJ's family says he was at the front of the line to receive a transplant but hospital policy stipulates that he's no longer eligible because he hasn't received the vaccination. And David Ferguson says his son simply won't.

"It's kind of against his basic principles — he doesn't believe in it," David Ferguson says. "It's a policy they are enforcing and so, because he won't get the shot, they took him off the list (for) a heart transplant."
"Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off," Caplan said. "The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving."
"I think my boy is fighting pretty damn courageously and he has integrity and principles he really believes in and that makes me respect him all the more," David Ferguson said.

Which is why the family is sticking by his side and hoping for the best. "It's his body. It's his choice," Ferguson added.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brigham-an ... accinated/
:crazy:

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder what his feelings on abortion are? :roll:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm willing to let you rip my chest open, put me on bypass while you take hours replacing my heart with one from a deceased person, then take immunosuppressant meds for the rest of my life to, hopefully, keep my body from rejecting the new organ...but getting a shot is just asking too much.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He reminds me of Gavin Seim harassing a young employee at a national park parking lot.

Spot on comment.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:14 pm He reminds me of Gavin Seim harassing a young employee at a national park parking lot.

Spot on comment.

Way to teach your child to be a stubborn, self-involved, entitled spoiled brat.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He was doxxed on Twitter. Also, that library had to close due to threats.

https://www.shawlocal.com/kane-county-c ... sk-policy/
raison de arizona

Shameful. :mad:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

What other options?

A volunteer who qualifies as a match who will donate specifically for DJ only?

A black market heart from Mexico, India, or China?

Uh, what hospital will willingly perform this heart transplant even if DJ finds a heart?

No hospital.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Well, DJ will be dead within days. So at least there's that.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

A suit by the deceptively named American Association of Physicians & Surgeons (Katarina Verrelli) against Adam Schiff causing the deplatforming/deprioritizing/demonetizing of their anti-vax info by making inquiries of social medial companies fails for Article III Standing and the Speech and Debate clause.
AAPS v Schiff DC CIr 2022-01-25.pdf
(174.44 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Here's the guidelines, for anyone interested.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ransplant/
raison de arizona

Somebunny is going to have to explain to these morans how these things work.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fox might have been better off using a picture that didn't have "angry entitled prick" face.

Besides, they are one of the ones that are killing him.
Hic sunt dracones
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:48 pm Here's the guidelines, for anyone interested.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ransplant/
I received a liver transplant in 2001, I was tested for immune response to mumps, measles, chicken pox and many others. I was administered all the recommended vaccines before I could be listed. There were other tests but the rule was I had to be sick enough to need it and we’ll enough to survive the surgery. I agreed to take a flu and pneumonia shot every year.

So an asshole s who won’t take the Covid vax is going to die of heart failure for his preformative asshole move. Give the heart to some one who will survive the pandemic.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 pm He was doxxed on Twitter. Also, that library had to close due to threats.

https://www.shawlocal.com/kane-county-c ... sk-policy/
My daughter works for our local library district and they have had armed security at each library for several years. All employees get active shooter training every year as well. It's unfortunate that it became necessary.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sigh. When I was growing up the only places with armed guards were banks. What have we come to? :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

And we thought BURN THE WITCHES was behind.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Found this out relatively recently, but in actual fact witches etc were NOT burned in the Americas. Whether it was becasue Wood was so valuable in the Americas or for some other reason, but they were usually hanged. The "Burn the witch!" myth persists because it is so evocative an image, but it would actually have been "Hang the Witch!" in the colonies.

Europe is another story, of course.
Hic sunt dracones
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm Sigh. When I was growing up the only places with armed guards were banks. What have we come to? :(
Where I grew up we didn't have armed guards in the banks. I was in one of them a few months ago and they still don't have an armed guard. Having an armed guard in a library is just unthinkable to me.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Off Topic
Found this out relatively recently, but in actual fact witches etc were NOT burned in the Americas. Whether it was becasue Wood was so valuable in the Americas or for some other reason, but they were usually hanged. The "Burn the witch!" myth persists because it is so evocative an image, but it would actually have been "Hang the Witch!" in the colonies.

Drowned, too, I think. (See also "ducking stool.") If she floated, the water was rejecting the witch. Then they could hang her with confidence. If she drowned, she was innocent. But dead.

Yikes.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Off Topic
roadscholar wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Off Topic

Drowned, too, I think. (See also "ducking stool.") If she floated, the water was rejecting the witch. Then they could hang her with confidence. If she drowned, she was innocent. But dead.

Yikes.
Most of the 'witches' in Salem were hanged, but at least one was pressed to death.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:40 pm
Hospital refusing heart transplant for man who won't get vaccinated
"Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off," Caplan said. "The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving."
Is the immune system shutdown something that is then permanent, or does the immune system ever learn to accept the foreign tissue of the transplanted organ? If the immune system can't be restarted, are there medications that people who've had transplants can take to help them fight off things like colds for which we don't yet have vaccines or cure? I'm curious.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Medicine has not yet discovered anything which will convince the immune system to rewire itself permanently to accept the foreign tissu--at least for hearts.

However....

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-08- ... ients.html
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm Medicine has not yet discovered anything which will convince the immune system to rewire itself permanently to accept the foreign tissue.
Which is ironic in that it also hasn’t discovered how to get my own immune system to stop attacking my own body parts.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:06 pm
Azastan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:03 pm Medicine has not yet discovered anything which will convince the immune system to rewire itself permanently to accept the foreign tissue.
Which is ironic in that it also hasn’t discovered how to get my own immune system to stop attacking my own body parts.
I did make an edit to my post, specifying that heart transplants--indeed, most transplants--require immunosuppressive drugs for the rest of the patient's life. However, there HAVE been certain transplants which have used chimeric cells to wean NON-HUMAN primates off these drugs. I don't know if HUMANS have ever been successfully weaned.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”