Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sugar magnolia

Re: Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by sugar magnolia »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 am As she is walking past..
Accidentally step on the tail of it..
Hard an with your balance such that you aren’t the one to fall. :)
Oh no, I'd fall awkwardly, screaming, holding my neck and/or knee, keening and wailing, and probably demand an ambulance to come check me out while screaming for the manager to give me their insurance info.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:18 am Or tell her….

“Gladly! He’s hung like a horse! Not a mushroom”.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Oregon dropped its mask mandate.

I was at the grocery store today. I saw a woman with 3 children approx 6, 4, and 9 months. Only one wore a mask.

The 6 year old.

Kids have gotten used to their masks. Masks aren't a hardship for them.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Our Safeway was about 99% unmasked. Besides myself, I counted another three patrons and one clerk with masks. People are feeling invincible already.

On the plus side, the shelves had everything I wanted to stock up on including the elusive egg noodles and Beef Rice-a-Roni. There was a sale on canned goods as well.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Except for retail/restaurant staff, Melbourne is essentially mask free.

Waiters have to wear masks. Shoe store clerks have to wear masks. Customers are mask free.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:gotalink:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:04 pm Image

Suuuurrrreee....and I'm a Chinese jet pilot...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:59 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:04 pm Image

Suuuurrrreee....and I'm a Chinese jet pilot...
USATRUMPMAN1 sounds like a Chinese helicopter pilot
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

No clue how legit that tweet would be, but the concept that a couple won't get a vax because it might injure them would instead take their lives at one point would have totally implausible. I can't say that now.
101010 :towel:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

We stopped wearing masks in stores last week, but we go early when they aren't busy. Store employees have stopped wearing them too. Even the CDC isn't recommending them here, where the new case rate has dropped to 29 total cases in the last 7 days (in a county of roughly 170k people). We do still wear them in close contact situations and keep them handy if we think we might be someplace that could get crowded.

The salon/spa where I get my monthly massage (I don't really enjoy massages, but my back is a certified federal disaster zone) is still following strict protocols though. The door is locked and you don't get in without a mask, your temp is checked at the door and you're given sanitizer for your hands. When the host(ess) isn't busy with other things they're going around wiping down surfaces all over the store. Once vaccines became available they were made mandatory as a condition of employment. Not a single one of their employees has gotten the virus in the last two years.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:49 pm We stopped wearing masks in stores last week, but we go early when they aren't busy. Store employees have stopped wearing them too. Even the CDC isn't recommending them here, where the new case rate has dropped to 29 total cases in the last 7 days (in a county of roughly 170k people). We do still wear them in close contact situations and keep them handy if we think we might be someplace that could get crowded.

The salon/spa where I get my monthly massage (I don't really enjoy massages, but my back is a certified federal disaster zone) is still following strict protocols though. The door is locked and you don't get in without a mask, your temp is checked at the door and you're given sanitizer for your hands. When the host(ess) isn't busy with other things they're going around wiping down surfaces all over the store. Once vaccines became available they were made mandatory as a condition of employment. Not a single one of their employees has gotten the virus in the last two years.
My lungs thank me for not having had a cold for three years. Scarring on the lungs from a bad bronchitis episode many years ago means that I don't just cough, I hack.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Azastan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:49 pm We stopped wearing masks in stores last week, but we go early when they aren't busy. Store employees have stopped wearing them too. Even the CDC isn't recommending them here, where the new case rate has dropped to 29 total cases in the last 7 days (in a county of roughly 170k people). We do still wear them in close contact situations and keep them handy if we think we might be someplace that could get crowded.

My lungs thank me for not having had a cold for three years. Scarring on the lungs from a bad bronchitis episode many years ago means that I don't just cough, I hack.
Yeah, I have lung damage from an autoimmune disease. I've loved not having a cold since this whole mess started. I'm also not wearing a mask, but always carrying one. I was some place last week when it was close quarters and I put that mask on.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Azastan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 pm

I completely get that. I'm asthmatic and get colds and flus at the drop of a hat. I cough, but I cough for hours on end and occasionally pass out for a few seconds. People around here started ignoring the protocols about the middle of last year and I quickly got my first cold in a year and a half. Ugh. There are days when I wish for the unthinkable.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ima steal those!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:00 am Ima steal those!
me two :biggrin:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We went into Lowe's today, unmasked. Not crowded. I did see one fellow wearing a mask. But then I saw it said trump 2024.

(shrugged shoulders)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Almost makes me wish I lived in a place where people felt the need to make anti-mask comments like that in public. :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AE76C6AC-3A25-44EB-820F-F3052A576793.jpeg
AE76C6AC-3A25-44EB-820F-F3052A576793.jpeg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:03 pm AE76C6AC-3A25-44EB-820F-F3052A576793.jpeg
I'm going out on a limb here and hypothesizing that masking anxiety isn't her only issue.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

She says the masking was traumatic but then tells a story where she was traumatized by not being let in unmasked. The trauma was being turned away, not wearing the mask.

How is it that the right claims they are so super tough and calls others wimps are so weak they cannot wear a mask for 20 minutes? If somebody of the Muslim faith claimed they were traumatized because they had to remove their burka, the right would be all over them for being entitled whiners.

My weekly trash container is filled with destroyed hypocrisy meters, right next to the demolished irony meters.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:07 pm Almost makes me wish I lived in a place where people felt the need to make anti-mask comments like that in public. :lol:
:yeahthat:

I've been loaded for bear for a loooong time.

:boxing:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:09 pm She says the masking was traumatic but then tells a story where she was traumatized by not being let in unmasked. The trauma was being turned away, not wearing the mask.
I got the sense that she tried wearing a mask, found it traumatic, then tried going into stores where she was rejected
Lani

Post by Lani »

I met a woman who could not wear a mask. Some kind of nerve disorder, mostly on her face. I saw areas that look like swollen red rashes. She can't wear makeup, use facial creams, wear sunglasses, etc. Difficult to wash her face. When she tries to wear a mask, her face becomes further inflamed and painful.

Unlike antimaskers, she didn't whine or threaten. But she was scared. She just wanted to be able to access stores, perhaps by being able to enter very early or late in the business day. Managers would not accommodate her, and some threatened to call the police.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Because of the horrible, threatening antimaskers and antivaxxers, others suffer. Pardon my rant, please.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”